09 March 2014

~ The Way, Way Back ~




Happy Sunday!
I am giving myself a little challenge.
Even if I have not been well enough during
the week to blog, I hope to be able to keep this up.
Each Sunday I will choose a year 
and then post a few pictures from that week.
Hence.....

The Way, Way Back!


~ On this week in 2010 ~








{ Jam is still Queen of the barn! }


Sometimes, looking back, makes me incredibly sad.
To see how different my life has become.

But this morning, as I looked at pictures of 
Cadence and Annie, it made me grateful.
That at this point in time I was still 
well enough to spend a few hours a week with the horses.
I was able to be with Cadence in his last few years.
I was privileged to see Annie being born.
To be with her in those "foal years".
And to still get to watch her grow up.
Silly antics and all!

So I am whole lot grateful today!
What are you grateful for today?


~ Have a wonderful day ~
xo,
misha

8 comments:

Hayley-Eszti Szucs said...

This is a lovely idea, and lovely photos. I sometimes feel sad looking back on photos when I was healthy, but you're right, we should be grateful we had the chance to do the things we wanted when we could. x Hayley

www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

I do enjoy looking at old pictures but I agree that they can make you melancholy, especially if you miss that time in your life.

Today, I'm grateful for lots of things! My amazing boyfriend. The promise of Spring. My crazy friends. A house to myself for the weekend.

:)

Bianca said...

Just like you (and Hayley) I do get sad when I see pictures of when all was better. When I had my motorbike, still drove my truck and was a thin wild woman....
Things change, that's just how it is. Looking back I try do be gratefull for the things I did and saw and that's good.
Today I brought a lovely lady a quilt I made her from her deceased husbands' clothes.
I'm gratefull I could make her that precious quilt, filled with memories of her love. I'm gratefull I still have my love by my side and we can do things together, travel and laugh together, be a part of a two-some. Today was a good day.

Lynne said...

I do look back and realize how fast life is flying by. It does make me sad sometimes yet I am grateful at the same time. Even with the bumps and bruises in my life I am grated for friendships, family, travel, adventures, health and comforts.

I loved looking back with you, seeing Annie and J and the kitty cat, (sorry name escapes me) hearing that you too, in the midst of all you have to deal with in life, that you find resilience, joyful times and rich memories.

Nice post Misha . . .

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

grateful for the warm day. it was a nice one. tomorrow is suppose to be in the 70's. i love looking back at old views. so fun. ( :

Rural Revival said...

Grateful is a good place to be. I am grateful for a sister-friend like you, who means the world to me.

Melinda said...

Great memories! Love the pics.

I am greatful for sunshine and
temps in the 60's today!

M :)

Karen said...


...the ability to go out there and muck the stalls and feed the horses and chickens, regardless of the griping I did this morning about the snow coming down yet again. Thank you for the reminder :-)