05 March 2014

~ A New Home ~


Mickey watching the birds


Some of you know that we moved in October.
Just over the little mountain, 
only 1/4 mile by road from our old home.
From 150 acres to 75 acres.
You can actually hike up to the top of the 
little mountain behind our new home
 and look down on our old place.
Annie and her family are still in their same barn.
They were lucky and didn't have to move a darn thing!

J and I love our new place.
It is much larger and roomier
 than our previous "cottage farmhouse".
When we first moved here in 2004, to east Tennessee, 
it was only 4 weeks after Hurricane Frances.
We had lost all of our furniture etc.
It seemed like it took forever to begin filling the house up.
After 9 years, we were busting at the seams in that little home!

I have been very slow at decorating.
It is one of my favorite things to do but I just have not had the physical energy or many pain-free days to do much.
I know the house will get there..just in my own time.
And that is alright.



Of course, this is the laundry room :)
A favorite room of mine.
I love to do laundry...seriously!
Our old laundry room was so tiny. 
Basically a closet with a washer/dryer stuffed inside.


When it warms up a bit outside I am painting the little chair
next to the sewing machine.
Next to doing laundry, 
I love painting things...just not walls!
{J can confirm this!}


I could sit all day long in my lovely laundry room!


~

Hey, Lynne , do you notice anything familiar?

The home was renovated 10 years ago
and this room was previously the 4th bedroom.
This makes for a large master bath!
The kitties think the tile floor makes 
an awesome place to play cat-soccer with jingle balls! 

Nice fuzzy picture, huh!


My mom gave me this cute towel holder 
but I used it for my favorite pieces of jewelry.
I tend to wear the same pieces of jewelry if it's all put away. 
Love this!

~


I had to include Brutus in this post.
So many of you ask about him!
He is still his silly self.
This is how he sleeps in his tunnel.
He believes he is all the way inside!


Brutus is still thieving any chance he gets!
If we are missing something, we check his tunnel first.
If the item is not in there.....


It is probably in the cubby that is for fireplace wood!
Silly boy.

The fireplace is in the family room.
This picture is from before we moved in 
and the room was being painted.
It really is a beautiful fireplace,
built by the man who renovated the home.
He was a brick-layer by trade.
We haven't done anything with this room yet.
Including buying furniture!

There is a stairway behind the fireplace.
{You can see the steps to the right..the only steps in the home. yay}
They lead to a room that we are using as the cat-room!
{Big enough to be a another bedroom or office}
I have their *boxes* and their food/water in there.
Our pups have never ventured up the stairs!

There is also a window-seat in their room
that is eye level with the huge trees outside.
Full of squirrels and birds it is purrfect for the kitties
 to stretch out on and watch all the happenings!
It is also quite fun for the cats to hang out 
at the top of the  fireplace and then jump on a cat 
that is walking around below!
I enjoy watching this activity just as much as they do!


~

I so appreciate each one of you
 that stop by and take the time to read.
The last 6 months have been somewhat of a turning point for me.
I seem to have crossed the threshold
 of my daily symptoms becoming worse. 
After typing up a post my fingers say, "enough!"
My shoulders and upper arms are incredibly painful,
and this greatly exacerbated after working on the computer.




So I spend a lot of time here, in bed, reading.
The kitties love cuddling in a warm bed 
full of blankets so I always have company!

~

Today give an extra smile or hug 
 and you will probably  make someone's day!

xo,
misha 



25 comments:

Karen said...

Your new home looks lovely! I'm so glad you're enjoying the new larger space and it looks like more natural light is let in through bigger windows? I always feel that's an energy booster.

Marilyn said...

Loved seeing pictures of your new home, kitties included. Take good care of yourself!♥♫

Rural Revival said...

Oh my goodness, that last photo made ME smile. : ) I needed it too!

I love your new home! And I love to do laundry too.

And your bedside looks like mine, stacked with books!!

LYLAS!!!
Andrea
xoxoxoxo

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Love that you now have more room, Misha. We have upsized, downsized then upsized again... wish we could settle. I've bought furniture to fill up bedrooms only to downsize and rid myself of furniture. Hope we can simply stay put now but time will tell. Those darn aches and pains of yours... wish I had some suggestions on what to do, but I will leave you in the hands of doctors and hope that one day soon they can find a cure for you... xox

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

What a lovely home, Misha. You sound very happy there and you've certainly added those touches that make it your own. I wish for you that the doctors would find some way to relieve your intense pain. Thanks for letting us know you're okay and for sharing your photos :-)

Chanda said...

It's a beautiful lovely home Misha, Thanks for the tour. Hope you have a wonderful Spring full of joy, love and happiness.

Bianca said...

How I love, love, LOVE your home!! I would love to visit you there myself, see the surroundings and all the furry babies.
Your sense of style is wonderful. I can see the kitties having a lot of fun with those stairs and surroundings of the fireplace.
I'm sorry to hear your health is getting worse and I would so much wish I could help you in one way or form.
Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. It must have taken you a lot of time writing this blog.
Big Dutch hugs from Henk, me and our four furry felines. xxxxx

Buttons said...

Oh Misha it is truly beautiful I am so happy you get to scale down a little I understand this need, I also understand the shoulders and arm pain from Fibro. I am happy you have all your furry friends and everyone is doing fine and loving the new home. Take care Misha and rest when you can. I do hope someday they can figure out this Fibro thing. HUGS HUGS xo B

Samantha K said...

Gorgeous place! So glad to see your home coming together in a way that delights you :)

Jeanette said...

Love your beautiful new home! I am jealous of the laundry room! So good to hear from you, Misha!

Lynne said...

Loved having you show us your home! I like your charming touches I see here and there . . . And a great place for that piece that traveled from Michigan! Thank you!

I am happy that you have had six months of your pain and discomfort not getting any worse. Of course I want more for you, like . . . no pain, but I find it encouraging that things have been kept at bay!

I like thinking of the kitties peaking out the upstairs window . . . and Kleptco cat is a hoot.

What would we do if we couldn't laugh, smile, have fun with our animals . . .

Thank you for sending out a post . . . I am singing Misha is here . . . and that is a very good thing!

I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Loving the new home (I'll take the bath.. swoon!!).. but more than all that I ♥ that you're back. Hope and prayers for continued improvements. That Brutus.. he just makes my day :) -Tammy

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

i am so glad you have so many friends to keep you company & warm. what cuties. what are you reading? anything you might share with us?

i love most parts of laundry time. all but ironing - i seem to make more wrinkles than what i started with. one reason why i dislike it so. i want my stuff to be perfect & presentable. ( :

Rain said...

Oh Misha -- beautiful home- I pray u can be pain free or at least stabilize ....
So glad dad is doing well- take care and stay warm- fondly,Rain

RoeH said...

Hi Misha! Love the new digs. I wish I could decorate like you and lots of other people do. I don't have it in me. I'm clean and not cluttery, but my house is never cute. *sigh* Glad you're feeling good. Moving must have been hard. It's hard anyway. Near or far. Take care. Hank is still around. Big as ever. :)

Melinda said...

Pretty pictures of your pretty home!

Love seeing your posts. Take it
slow, we'll be here waiting.

M :)

Patty said...

Your home is just gorgeous, and I LOVE that fireplace and the room above it. Lucky kitties!

Cindy said...

Lovely home! Good to see Brutus is adjusting well :-) Take care, and stay warm.
~Cindy

Donna said...

I am so glad you are back! I have missed your posts.
Your house is lovely and I'm so glad to see pics. I know the furbabies are loving it especially the kitties and their own room!

Donna said...

It's me again :) I hit enter too quickly!!
I could spend all day in your laundry room and the fireplace is gorgeous!
I hope you feel much better soon!
Take care of yourself! I think warmer weather will make us all feel better.
Hugs,
Donna

Donna said...

What a wonderful new home!

TexWisGirl said...

i am glad you were able to move to a larger home and on less acreage - and even better that the horses got to stay cozy! i am sorry your pain has progressed. bless you and j.

Gazebo and Bali Hut Super Store said...

I’m glad that you share your new home! I love the bathroom and the fireplace most especially. We live in cabin with fireplace but not as exquisite as yours, it amazed me to build a new one! The front door reminds me to wonder outside! Attractive home!

Sebastian Chuter

lies anggie puspita dewi said...

Hello my loved 1 ! I like to say the fact that submit is awesome, nice published and emerge along with nearly all significant infos. I'd just similar to to appear alot morecertainly an improbable and helpful bit of specificsthat you shared this handy knowledge along with us. Please stay us around day similar to this. Thank you for sharing

davia leather
new game kids
toko jaket kulit murah di garut
jaket kulit asli domba
jaket kulit jakarta
jaket kulit
abwaba
permainan terbaru
layali store
permainan games memasak
permainan memasak sara
permainan games barbie
tozca leather

lies anggie puspita dewi said...

Hello my loved 1 ! I like to say the fact that submit is awesome, nice published and emerge along with nearly all significant infos. I'd just similar to to appear alot morecertainly an improbable and helpful bit of specificsthat you shared this handy knowledge along with us. Please stay us around day similar to this. Thank you for sharing

davia leather
new game kids
toko jaket kulit murah di garut
jaket kulit asli domba
jaket kulit jakarta
jaket kulit
abwaba
permainan terbaru
layali store
permainan games memasak
permainan memasak sara
permainan games barbie
tozca leather