24 February 2014

...and life goes on.



At our new home, after getting 6 inches of snow!
In the background is a pond and old barn.

So here I am.
With a short update.
I am back online now and able to blog again.

Thank you for your emails to the account 
I have been using in the past months.
Please know if I have not responded, 
I have read each and every one with a smile on my face.
It has a been a rough winter for me and it just keeps continuing.

So many of you ask about the pups, kitties, and horses!
All are fine....
Except the fact that we lost 
our beloved Zeke ( Our Mastiff) on December 4, 2013.
He passed away here at home at 9:45 pm.
It was not expected.

I have a thing I say to my critters.
"Do you know how much I love you"

This was the last thing I said to Zeke as he 
lay on his favorite blanket on the couch.
And literally within a blink of an eye....he was gone.

He is buried under a Sassafras tree.
With his fave blanky and toy.

I am comforted, as is J, that Zeke had an incredible life!
He loved us, his canine sisters, 
his feline and equine family.
But Zeke gave me more than I could have ever given him. 


I still look for him. 
I still hear him walking through the house.
We still feel him in bed with us,
taking up way too much space with his 150 lb. body!

He was born on my birthday in 2003, on April 1.
The best bday present ever!

He was the gentle giant who never made an enemy.


Thank you for reading about Zeke over the years.
He was comical, loving, silly, and protective.



And he was my boy....
and I miss him more than you know.

xo, misha

Thank you for coming by.


"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, big or small, young or old. He doesn't care if you're not smart, not popular, not a good joke-teller, not the best athlete, nor the best-looking person. To your dog, you are the greatest, the smartest, the nicest human being who was ever born. You are his friend and protector." -Louis Sabin

17 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Hi Misha.... I am so sorry for Zeke's passing. His energy will remain with you forever... xox.

Are you happy in your new home and is it a smaller house? I love the porch and can't wait to see a bit more of your house and the property. xox

Samantha K said...

We never get over them.. As well we shouldn't. Loving an animal should be a lifelong joy, even through the pain. Much peace and love, Misha!

Rural Revival said...

I wish I could have given him a big hug...yet still, he is in my heart too...forever.

Hugs to you and J.

lylas
Andie
xoxoxoxo

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Misha, I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet Zeke. I hope your health improves as the winter heads into spring. Take good care.

Donna said...

I know you and J miss Zeke so much and I loved reading about the gentle giant. He was a big comfort to you I know as all our furbabies are.
Can't wait to hear more about the new house and of course pics.
Hope you feel better soon and Big Hugs,
Donna

Karen said...

Welcome back!.. and I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Zeke. You had too many goodbyes last year, hoping you are feeling better soon and able to get out and enjoy your beautiful countryside again.

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

i was thinking about you other day Misha ... had to check in & so glad i did. sorry to hear of Zeke's passing. thinking about you & all. big big hugs.

enjoy your new home. i have to catch up. i didn't know you had moved. i know you were having internet connection issues. ( :

Freda said...

It is so hard too lose a pet. I am so sorry to hear of it but glad you are blogging again. We have missed you.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

So sorry to hear of your loss of Zeke. I know you miss him terribly.
I'mm anxious to see more pictures of your new home and the pond and barn.

Cindy said...

Im so sorry for your loss, Hearing about him brings a tear to my eye. Sounds like its been an awful winter. May this spring bring a fresh wonderful year to you and your family including the furry babies.

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

Aw, Misha, I am so sorry to hear about your loss :( I thoroully enjoyed reading about Zeke and the other fur babies over the years and it pains my heart to hear he's gone.

While it hurts, I'm sure you take comfort in the fact that you and hubby gave him an incredible life!

Lots of love to you, hubby, and the animals! I really hope the Winter starts treating you better. We only have to wait a little bit longer for spring!!!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Hello Misha,
So very sorry to read of Zeke's passing, he was such a sweet, and gentle giant. I'm sure his spirit will forever be a part of you.
I wasn't aware that you had moved, your new home looks so lovely, and love that pretty front porch.
I wish you pain-free days ahead.
Hugs,
~Jo

Rain said...

Oh Misha I'm so sorry for the loss of Zeke....... I can't imagine.
But so surprised and happy to see u back blogging!! Welcome back! Hope your health is better or at the very least stable. Looking forward to your posts
Fondly, Rain

Lynne said...

I am over the moon . . . Misha, from the front porch visited today!

Sad about your Zeke . . . such a rock he was. There is no doubt, he knew your love and J's too. I am so sorry . . .

Happy new home . . . new front porch, up and running internet!

My love Misha . . .
Lynne

Melinda said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear
about Zeke! The stories you told
about him were great!

It's good to see you again!

M : )

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Misha, I'm so sorry about Zeke; winter is terrible hard on all of us. Sophie, my Jack Russel, Carly, Harry and Sophie (my 3 old sheep) and Tabby, a barn cat all died. I am so ready for warmer weather but understand we're to get 5 to 10 inches of snow tonight.
Glad you're moved and settled; a blessing and a gift.

Donna said...

Welcome back to blogdom, sweetie! I wondered where you had wandered off to. I'm so sorry that you lost dear Zeke.