25 December 2013

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I hope this day is the one you wished for. Whether it is spent at home with family, out visiting friends, or a quiet day like J and I are having. Just alone, just the two of us.
I am in a bout of nasty Pnuemonia, still contagious, and this knocked out our holiday plans. So my priority right now is just getting my immune system back to where it was! Which isn't that great but much, much better than where I am right at the moment!

An update to say where I have been and then I will write more later. I have plenty of tales to tell about the pups and kitties! Since moving two months ago, we have had no high-speed interent. We have had to revert to the dark ages and are using dial-up internet. It has become a long, drawn-out afffair with our main provider being AT&T. I do think it will be able to be resolved eventually but it's very frustrating when basic services are not being met in almost 2014!

Internet is a part of our daily lives in every way. For me, it is way of keeping in touch with my family and friends just like all of you! And for me, being home-bound most of the time....it is my connection to the outside World. With my wonderful Blogging family, Facebook friends. Using dial-up lets me read a bit of news and email. But that is it. I can only read the first status-update on any Facebook page, I cannot read comments left on my updates or others. I cannot see or post pictures. And I can't get Blogger to work using age-old dial-up! Hence, no blog posts for 2 months! And loading other bolgs to read...well, it takes hours!

My solution is to use the new email account I finally set up (after it took 2 hours!) I write the post and forward in an email to a friend. This good friend is Bianca, who writes her own blog. She literally lives a world away in the Netherlands! So here I am...living in the United States, writing a blog post, emailing it to my Dutch friend so she can post it for all of you to read on my blog! Crazy..right?!

Hopefully this system will work until unitl I am back in the World of Technology where I belong!
Please know how much I miss reading your blogs, being a part of the conversation on Facebook and your emails. I won't lie. Since moving and all of this began, it has been quite lonely in my little world.
Having chronic illness takes it's toll in many ways. Not being able to keep up with friends around the world shouldn't have to be one of them.

I have a new email email address since I cannot access my old one. If you leave a comment on this post, I would love to connect back with you! So maybe you can leave your email in the comment :) Otherwise, I can't message back. All of your email info is in my old account!

Thank you so much to Bianca, who is making this blog post possible and hopefully more in the future! I appreciate her time, love, and support so very much!

Be safe in your travels now and through the New Year.
Merry Christmas and God Bless.
xo, misha

Email adress; mishastafford@att.net My Facebookpage; Misha Stafford
Bianca's blog; Quilts, Cats and Automobiles

23 comments:

Melinda said...

Merry Christmas, Misha!
It is soooooo good to hear
from you! Sorry to hear that
you are fighting the P bug.
No fun on Christmas!!

Can't wait to hear more of what
has been going in with you!

M : )


mellickteig@sbcglobal.net

Anke said...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and yours! May the new year bring you happiness, health, joy and better internet! :-)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ Merry, Merry Christmas Misha! It's good to see a post from you, and I do so hope you feel better very soon! As for the technology problems, I totally understand--Part of the people on our road are still on dial-up too, and our connection isn't much above that. But please take care, and know that you re being thought of from a little corner in VA!!

Karen said...

Welcome back, Misha - and Merry Christmas, Happy Healthy New year to all - xo

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Merry Christmas Misha! Wishing you a Blessed New Year filled with much happiness, good health, and a much better internet connection.
Hugs, Barb

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Thank you for the comments and the emails! It really does my heart good :)
xo, misha

Donna said...

I have missed you! I've seen what you have posted on FB. I knew thru Bianca that you had pneumonia. I hope you are well soon and get the internet issues resolved soon.
Love you and take care of yourself!!
Hugs,
Donna

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

MeRrY ChRiStMaS Misha!
I pray that the New Year holds great health n happiness for you and your family. I sure can understand the tech woes... We have similar issues but recently found that our smart phones signal is strong enough to link to our laptop for service! We use Verizon and are "between towers"so get a weak signal but still it beats dial-up. Hope you find an answer that works for you but I think it's awesome what far away bloggy friends can do to enrich our world! ;-)
xo
Leslie

Lynne said...

Misha,
What a treat to see your post my friend . . . thanks to Bianca too!

I hope you feel better soon from the pneumonia! And goodness sakes we have to bring you an "internet life line" other than dial up.

Since FB isn't my thing, your move is something I don't know much about. I am looking forward to hearing more!

I think of you so, so, so often and look forward to reconnecting at grannyfree72@gmail.com very soon.

Snickers sends cuddles and kisses!

Me too with a huge hug too!
Love, Lynne

Jeanette said...

Merry Christimas to you and J, Misha! Hope you're feeling better very soon! Here's my email address.
netgohl@gmail.com

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Thanks for the email address's. I feel like a squirrel gathering nuts for my cave so I can communicate with other squirrel friends :)

Keep 'em coming!

xo, misha

Rain said...

Merry Christmas Misha!! Miss you and your posts!! My email rainss61@msn.com
Be well and stay positive and happy!! Hope to hear more!
Fondly, Rain

Leah said...

Happy Holidays to you ~ nice to see you posting again (I was thinking my goodness I have been missing her posts) then I see I have not. Technology issues stink ~ hope that gets better for you soon! (and that you get over that pneumonia)

Aunt D said...

Wonderful to see you posting again!!! THUMBS DOWN to AT&T for not bringing better service to rural America in this day and age and for ignoring our pleas to do so. Hang in there, kiddo. Love, Aunt D

Rural Revival said...

I MISS YOU!!!!

I guess that explains that you didn't get my emails. : (

You moved?? Well, I hope you can get that internet thing sorted out soon, I want to see the new digs! Hope your feeling better soon. Big Hugs Chickie.

LYLAS!!!
Andie
xoxoxo

ontarioruralrevival@gmail.com

Karen said...

Happy New Year, Misha! I hope you are much better now since you posted this. I haven't been in my blog for a very long time, due to life, and a PC that has given me fits for years. It has been not working, more than it has been working for a couple of years. If I didn't have an Ipad, I would have gone bonkers long ago! Did you move from the farm? I hope all of the horses, and other fur friends are well, and that you have a very healthy 2014! I also have a new email, since my other doesn't work well. It is kanamichelle@gmail.com. And my blog is chynasgarden.blogspot.com. Like I said, I haven't kept it up, but plan to if I ever get a working PC!

M.E. Masterson said...

Happy New Year, Misha! I am new to your blog and do know the troubles that AT&T can pose for a person. We have just moved ourselves couple months ago and just this week have finally got phone service.
I do hope you are feeling better!
my email marye.masterson@gmail.com

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Misha, hope your New Year's was healthier than Christmas; praying you'll be well and fully recovered soonest.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Misha, hope your New Year's was healthier than Christmas; praying you'll be well and fully recovered soonest.

as always starzie said...

Dear Misha,
Hope you are well and enjoying 2014! Have you moved? When did this happen? I don't think you did a post on moving. Well, hope you and all of your furry friends are happy in your new home! And hope you get all of your computer issues figured out. Take care! Hope to hear from you soon!
Hugs,
Darlene from Calif.

John said...

Internet is a part of our daily lives in every way........
John Phanchalad at JP Digital Tech have a very good track record in digital media marketing. For more you can visit on http://jpdigitaltech.com

Flat Creek Farm said...

(Hi and thanks, Bianca!) Misha, we send our hugs to you from our neck of the woods. My girls said to give you some hee haw hugs too.. so here they are ♥♥ Have been wondering about you.. seeing only occasional notes on fb etc. Would love to hear from you IF you're up to it.. and I sure hope you are. So sorry about all of this you've been thru, and I really hope and pray it's better now. Thinking of you, friend...
Tammy -- prestam (at) windstream (dot) net

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

"From My Front Porch in the Mountains" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/02/sites-to-see_14.html