05 June 2013

~ Getting To Know Me ~



Recently, along with 20 other woman, my friend Darla
went on a 10 day self-discovery retreat.
White water rafting, mountain biking, rock climbing, repelling-
you name it, they did it! 
Along with all the physical activities, to build trust and face fear,
they also took part in things such as 
keeping a progress-journal of their days while at the retreat, 
and were given different assignments such 
as the one I completed below.

This was handed out on day 1. 
A kind of ~ getting to know me ~ questionnaire!
They could write as much or as little as they felt like.
Some people, like Darla, filled a notebook. 

The women had 24 hours to complete it, 
and then over the next few days, 
paired off to exchange lists and get to know one another.
Then a therapist took a look at each woman's questionnaire. 
Darla said this is where it got interesting! 
Food issues, relationship issues, self-image, self-worth etc.
She said the therapist was right on track with what Darla
felt she needed to work on.

I thought the questions and the process was intriguing. 
And since I couldn't be there, Darla emailed me a copy
 and when I finished, we exchanged ours! 
It was fun and interesting. 
I thought I knew Darla pretty well, 
but I learned a few new things about her!

{I eliminated 7 questions that weren't appropriate for my blog}


1. What time did you get up this morning?
Around noon. But hey, I didn't go to bed until 4am. Insomnia-gotta love it!

2. What are two of your favorite foods?
 Avocados and Pistachios!

3. Go to the movies or stay home to watch a DVD?
Home.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
 All time favorite-ER! My dream is to own every season on DVD! {I dream big-Ha!}
Currently-Mad Men!

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Kenya or Sweden

6. What did you have for breakfast?
A smoothie

7. What is your favorite meal?  
Peppers, Vidalia onion, Portobello mushrooms grilled and served over Jasmine rice! I could eat this every night!

8. What foods do you dislike?
  Tuna Fish!! yuk!

9. Favorite Place to Eat?
Tony Packo's in Toledo, Ohio

10. Favorite dressing?
Green Goddess..of course, it's avocado!

11.What kind is your dream vehicle?
 Nothing! I don't care what I drive. J is the one who is car obsessed!

12. What are your favorite clothes?
Worn-out Levis and cowboy boots besides those items, the rest of my wardrobe is classic black.

13. Jewelry? If yes, gold or silver?
Silver

14. Biggest regret in life?
Just one?! Not becoming a veterinarian.
15. Facebook or Google +
FB

16. Twitter?
Yep.

17. Where were you born?
Lima, Ohio

18.Dogs or Cats?
Both! And any other animal that is furry and a few cute reptiles :)

19. Pets?
Yep. Zeke is the leader of Canine Pack. Brutus is the leader of the Feline Pack.

20. Do you consider yourself attractive?
I'm just normal

21. Any new and exciting news that you'd like to share?
My parents will soon be living within 2 hours of our home!

22. What did you want to be when you were little?
A Nun or a Maid.   I am not Catholic, but I love to clean!

23. How many brothers and sisters?
None.

24. Favorite pizza toppings?
Green peppers, onion, and mushrooms

25. What was the last book you read? 
Life After Death by Damien Echols

26. If married, where did you meet your spouse?
A bookstore in Vero Beach, Florida

27. Crazy about shoes or handbags?
Handbags!!

28. From whom did you get your last email? 
My mom

29. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
A Pet store! A book store! {can I split it between 2 stores}

30. Fly by the "seat of your pants" or a planner?
A planner, list-maker, worry-wart!

31. What is your occupation and do you like it?
Equine Management-Breeding, mare, and foal care. Loved it and miss this part of my life.

32. What was your favorite vacation?
As a kid, Disney World with my parents each year. As an adult, Jekyll Island and Hilton Head.

33. Last person you went out to dinner with?
my mom, dad, and J.

34. What are you listening to right now?
The Whippoorwill outside in the Box Elder tree.  {no music!} 

35. What is your favorite color?
Russet orange, army green, dark purple, and of course, black.
No bright colors!

36. How many tattoos do you have?
One

37. Coffee or Tea?  Favorite alcoholic drink?
Sweet tea made with Bigelow Constant Comment Tea
Don't drink alcohol

37. How many children do you have?
Two legged-None
4-legged- many :)

38. If you won the largest Lottery in history, what would you do with the money? 
a. Family first!
b. Build a sanctuary for abandoned and/or abused domestic animals and wildlife, with a top notch board of directors, incredible staff with veterinarians/vet students/volunteers on as much acreage as it would take!  
c. Begin a research foundation for Lupus/Fibromyalgia and other chronic illnesses that seem to fall through the cracks when it comes to government funding!
d. Hire my uncle as an investment whiz with money to oversee that big lottery win!
e. Then I could buy a new handbag and J could get his dream car!

And that's it.
Maybe now you know a little more about me.
But I am left wondering...what would the therapist 
say about all of my answers!


Thanks for coming by and spending time on my front porch!
xo,
misha


Anyone want to copy/paste and give it a go? 
I would love to read your answers!!
If you have any questions about mine, just ask! 

14 comments:

juliek57 said...

I think I will copy it and do this later, a beautiful day here today. We make the most of these days in the Outer Hebrides!! Lovely post, thank you x

Lynne said...

I liked learning about you . . . A few surprises along the way, (Green Goddes) but much of you I think I knew or figured out. I enjoyed this!!!

Good (Early) Morning Beautiful woman . . .

(I copied and will do as soon as I finish my yard/flower garden bed cleanup . . .third week, 9-dusk . . . making up for not being able to do it last year! )

Slainte'

Bianca said...

Well, now I'm only curious about the questions you left out.... ;-)

Nice to see a blog of your hand to read again. Missed you.
Big Dutch Hug and give J. one too.

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

i love Mad Men

what is your tattoo? so curious. ( :

that is too funny. i wanted to be a nun as a kid as well. not sure i would cut it this day & age

your favorite foods are very green. too fun!!

Donna said...

I will do this later too and send it to you! I love the fact that your parents will be living near you soon :)
Hugs,
Donna

RoeH said...

Interesting post! Tuna sucks. You taste it all day long after. And a picture of that tatoo would be a great post. (Maybe not) :)

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

I say you should make the therapist answer these same questions and then you can compare answers. He/She may need a therapist more than you do! LOL

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

I would have LOVED to go on that retreat with your friend and those other woman! It sounds like one of MY dream-come-true trips ^.^

This is quite the interesting questionnaire! I did indeed learn a little bit more about you :)

Buttons said...

Oh Misha your therapist would love you. Your heart and soul are full of love. This comes through in your answers. I am happy your parents are moving closer. You are awesome my friend. What a great retreat. B

Kathi said...

That was fun, Misha, and I'm happy to know you better! (I love Mad Men, too!)

I'll have to copy and paste and do this one later. It's a good getting-to-know-you kind of exercise.

Thank you for sharing this -- and like Bianca, I am imagining what those seven deleted questions might be! LOL!

Melinda said...

These are always fun to read.
Yes, I did learn a lot about you.

:o)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

green goddess...oh yeah! loved reading about you and your life; hope you've having good days Misha.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I enjoyed this Misha, and feel like I know you a bit better now, and see that we have a few more things in common than I thought--But I don't have a tattoo...yet.... :-)!!

Geri said...

These are always so fun to read, and I am also curious about the 7 questions you didn't post. Teehee.
Thanks for sharing, and it is so good to see another post from you.