11 March 2013

~ Me, Lately ~



Images of all things loved 
in my life over the past two months.













Yes.
It has been a while.
I have missed all of you.

The past few months have been long.
And hard.
January gave J the flu.
And then, of course, he lovingly passed it on to me!
Not really having much of an immune system,
my body didn't have a good fight in it.

After weeks of thinking I was on the road to recovery,
Lupus had other ideas.
And an infection settled in my intestines.
Oy.
Let me tell you...it wasn't pretty!


Our bodies have their own systems for fighting off illness.
That system is our immune system, but sometimes it just does not work the way it should!
 Hence, an autoimmune disease called Lupus.
A healthy immune system is like is like having your very own personal army.
This army protects you against germs and illness!
The army makes antibodies that fight off infections.
With a disease like Lupus, the army gets confused
and begins to attack all the healthy goodness in our bodies.
It does this by making auto-antibodies,
which are antibodies that attack the body's normal cells.
And then the fight to stay healthy is on.


I am still recovering.
And the difficult thing is while I am working hard
to get better from the infection caused by the flu,
I am still dealing with Lupus on a daily basis.
And my not-so-good friend, Fibromyalgia.
I am trying to gain the weight back that I have lost.
To at least get back to where I was.

So that's me.
This is where I am at.
And where I have been.

Taking a break from blogging,
helped by letting me let go of that commitment.
To just focus on getting better and not let the "guilts" get me!
I didn't want to begin blogging 
again until I knew I was back for good.
But I have realized I never know when I will need time away.
So, for now, I am here.
And it feels good.



Thank you for sticking with me!
Thank you for your emails, cards, and Facebook messages.
As always, thanks for spending time on my front porch!

xo,
     misha

{If you are on Facebook, I would love for you to friend me!
The direct link to my FB page is on the sidebar}
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

It's that time again!
The 4th annual "Flea Market Style Magazine" Giveaway!!
And, as always, a few  
other things in the giveaway to welcome Spring!



I will be back with all the details soon :)
And, yep! You can enter even if you live outside the U.S.!!


25 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better, Misha! It's almost Spring and warm, sunny healing days are soon to be upon us!

Mary said...

Yay! a blog from Misha! I am glad you felt well enough to post today. I knew you weren't feeling well, I just didn't know ow bad it was, I am so sorry you have to go through all that. Blog when you can, don't get the guilts when you don't. I always look forward to your posts! I think we are finally on the upside of winter. Fingers crossed anyway. Love the pics!

Hartwood Roses said...

Misha, sweetheart, is sure sounds like this has been a winter full of challenges on your 'front porch'. Glad to hear from you, no matter how long it's been.

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

I'm right there with you my friend! While I thankfully haven't gotten sick with things going around, I seem to keep relapsing; I'm not sure what happened this time around, but I'm definitely down and out for the count o.O

I bet the weather doesn't help EITHER of us and our situations either.

Just keep in mind Spring is around the corner and hopefully the warm weather and fresh air will help you tremendously :)

In the meantime, you know we're all here for you!

Buttons said...

Oh Misha I am so sorry you have to go through this. I am so happy you are almost through it. Rest and do not worry about us I am not going anywhere but I am truly glad to hear that you are OK.
Take care and lots of hugs. B

Donna said...

So glad to see a post from you! Take care of yourself and cuddle up with the furbabies when you don't feel well.
Love you!
Donna

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Glad to see you back Misha and to see your kitties and your horse.
I hope you continue to feel better. Be sure to get lots of rest. Hopefully the warmth of spring will help.
Hugs, Barb

Geri said...

Yeah! You're blogging again. Love seeing the pictures of all the critters, they always warm my heart and bring a smile to my face.
Keep getting stronger lady :)

Melinda said...

It is good to see a post from you!
I figured you must be under the
weather.
We are here for you, so take all the time you need. Hope J is doing ok.

M :)

Lynne said...

So many friends and none of us can imagine, or know, your pain, discomfort, all encompassing illness/disease/journey.

One part improves, another gets worse, one is stable and another shaky.

The Good News,. . . today you are here and you wanted to be, you reached . . . we received.

Love being WITH and FOR you Misha! Be well my friiendI

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

*♥´¨)
¸.-´¸.-♥HELLO MISHA!♥´ Add me to the list of those who have missed you!! But I'm so glad that you're feeling better and I hope that with warmer weather on the way, it'll continue so you can enjoy the springtime!! Take care!!

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

sure have missed your sweet & fun posts. be on the mend soon. back to your happy posting self. big big hugs. ( :

Karen said...

So good to hear you are beginning to feel like YOU again...

absolutely love your blog header, beautiful.

Dessa Wolf said...

I am very familiar with the effects of fibro. My mother has been dealing with it's effects for several years now. Sending you healing thoughts, my dear.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Welcome back Misha!! I'm so glad you're feeling better and I hope as each day passes, you continue to heal. Check out my latest post for a referral code to save 20% on your purchases through soap.com....plus free shipping! Big hugs. goldentosilver.blogspot.com

Bianca said...

Hi Miss Misha, how wonderful to see you blogging again. Been thinking of you all this time, but I guess you know that. Hopefully you'll stay on the road to recovery from this attack on your body. I keep sending prayers and good vibes your way.
BigDutchHug from Henk and me and lots of kittie-kisses from our boys.

RoeH said...

So glad you are up and around. Take it easy, now. We're with you. :)

Cindy said...

Welcome back! Good to see you blogging again, and as others have said, Dont feel bad about not making a blog day, We understand your in for a fight when your not on the Front Porch. My dad always said "you have to take care of #1 first, so then #1 can then take care of #'s 2,3,4,..." Its true. Take care of you, and good to see you have others to help you through! :-) Once again, Welcome Back!!

andy said...

Wow what gorgeous photos !

Flat Creek Farm said...

I am so glad you are better. We are always glad to see you, whenever you are up to it. You are loved! Stay well! Peace and healing thoughts your way.... Tammy p.s. I love all of these pics and your captions!

thesweetsimplethings said...

So happy to see you back!
♥Laura

Ellen in Oregon said...

Dear Misha -
I peeked at your blog every so often this Winter to see if you had posted & was happy to find your post today.
I have had SLE since I was 15 along with a list of other immune sytem issues. I am now 55 and have learned to do what I can when I can. That if I push myself too far I will pay for it dearly. Another important thing I have learned is not to contaminate the relatively good periods of time by living in dread of the next flare. That was just something that had become my personal demon & it was a slow process to retrain myself to try & live in the present & hope for the future. Not to say I don't revert now & then.
You've gotta keep your sense of humor don't ya think? I often think of Gilda Radner and her character on SNL Rosanne Rosanna Dan and her famous line "if it aint one thing, it's another!". That speaks so well to those of us contending with autoimmune diseases. We are all so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for.
I hope that as Winter turns to Spring and as all life renews itself, that your spirit will also be refreshed so that you can continue your personal journey with inner-strength & kindness towards yourself & others.
I am glad that you are hanging in there & taking care of all your 4 legged friends.
Ellen

TexWisGirl said...

sorry you have been so sick! hoping springtime brings better days for both you and j. love that brutus...

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Misha, I cannot begin to imagine how difficult Lupus and other such diseases can be. Several friends have immune deficiency diseases and they struggle mightily; it's terribly sad. I hope there's a cure soon and that you'll have better and better days.

Rural Revival said...

One less of my zillion questions you don't have to answer. :-( Never feel guilty for taking care of yourself and your body, besides no one is going anywhere, least of all me. Except maybe to visit the mountains and stop at Lake Michigan on my way home.

Lylas!!!

PS. Its a good thing Brutus and I love you because that means we can ignore the 'fat feet' caption. ;-)