07 December 2012

~ Saturday Detention ~ The Breakfast Club



Dear Mr. Vernon,
We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was that we did wrong. What we did was wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write this essay telling you who we think we are. What do you care? You see us as you want to see us... in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, and a criminal. Correct? That's how we saw each other at seven o'clock this morning. We were brainwashed.

  But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...Brian Johnson ...and an athlete...Andy Clark ...and a basket case...Allison Reynolds ...a princess...Claire Standish ...and a criminal...John Bender

Does that answer your question?... 

Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.



{The Breakfast Club with Simple Minds-one of my all time favorite songs!
Just click on Watch on YouTube. Silly Copyright!}


Each time we watch the movie, J says I was Claire.
Hmmm....not sure what to think about that.
Maybe to some degree.
But like the letter to Mr. Vernon,
we find that we are all more alike than not. 

And, who was J?
Defiantly John Bender.
Except he is no criminal.
A rebel maybe, but not a criminal!
{I did a background check}

Who were you? 
Tell us!

And then celebrate the fact we are not in high school anymore!
Ye gads.
Talk about nightmares....

Happy Friday! 
xo,
misha

Some interesting facts about the movie! Just click.

Yep.
It is snowing on my blog!
If you would like the HTML code, just ask :)

6 comments:

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

not sure who i was in high school. not a weird quiet one... but i was not a cheerleader, not in the band or anything like that. just went to school. i love that movie. makes me giggle & laugh every time. that group is hilarious. i love looking back & seeing how much they have changed & what movies they do now. funny!! ( :

Jeanette said...

Yes, definitely glad not to be in high school any more! Yuck!! Such drama in life then! It's been so long since I've seen The Breakfast Club that I can barely remember anything about it! have a wonderful weekend, Misha!

Gail said...

I was the brainy one. No guts to be anything else.

I do love this show. I think we still are in school and still are filling our roles.

Mary said...

Yep! One of my very favorite movies and songs. Ya nailed it! Now I want to watch it...I am thankful every day that I'm not still in high school, talk about awkward. Hated it. I was more of an introvert for sure.

Karen said...

There were some wonderful things about High School.. like YOUTH.. but the rest of it sucked most of the time. The drama! The fret!!.. over nothing important! I just wanted to get out and move to a place where I could have a horse of my own.

Love the snow! How do you do it?

I was neither of those girls, but I would have found the jock attractive :-)


Donna said...

That's a great song - I love it too! I really didn't identify with anyone in the Breakfast Club. I was a nerdy gal, with tattered clothes, who looked about 9 years old, and never caused any trouble. I'm glad those days are behind me!