04 September 2012

~ Romeo's Tune ~


Steve Forbert.com


I had my first *real* boyfriend in the summer of 1979.
I felt so very grown up!
{I am sure my mother differs on this one! }
And this was the summer tune that was a hit!
This song defined my whole season that summer.

Do you remember it?




Tell me! 
Where were you in the summer of 1979? 
Elementary school
Junior high?
High school?
College?
Married?
Traveling the world?
Or...not even born yet!

~ ~ ~

And here are the words to 
"Romeo's Tune"


Meet me in the middle of the day
Let me hear you say everything's okay
Bring me southern kisses from your room
Meet me in the middle of the night
Let me hear you say everything's alright
Let me smell the moon in your perfume
Oh, Gods and years will rise and fall
And there's always something more
Lost in talk, I waste my time
And it's all been said before
While further down behind the masquerade
The tears are there
I don't ask for all that much
I just want someone to care
Answer right now
Meet me in the middle of the day
Let me hear you say, everything's okay
Come on out beneath the shining sun
Meet me in the middle of the night
Let me hear you say, everything's alright
Sneak on out beneath the stars and run, yeah
Oh, yeah, yes
Oh, yes
It's king and queen and we must go down round
Behind the chandelier
Where I won't have to speak my mind
And you won't have to hear
Shreds of news and afterthoughts
And complicated scenes
We'll (whether)? or weather down behind the light
And fade like magazines
Meet me in the middle of the day
Let me hear you say, everything's okay
Bring me southern kisses from your room
Hey, hey
Meet me in the middle of the night
Let me hear you say, everything's alright
Let me smell the moon in your perfume
Oh, no
Meet me in the middle of the day
Let me hear you say everything's okay
Let me see you smiling back at me
Heeeey
Meet me in the middle of the night
Let me hear you say, everything's alright
Hold me tight and lovein' love is free
Whoa-oh
OK

{ And Keith Urban's version doesn't hold a candle to this one! }


I hope you enjoyed one of my all-time fave songs!

xo,

misha

15 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Ah, 1979. I was falling in love, learning to be an instant Mom, and planing a wedding.

Rural Revival said...

I've never heard this song before! I must have been listening to my dad's Eagles records instead of the radio. : )

Betsy Tant said...

I was 10 years old, riding my horse, roller skating, playing softball, sleeping in our barn and loving life.

Karen said...

Hmm...in 1979 I was in eight grade..had a serious crush but not yet a boyfriend. Love the old songs, they bring back such memories..

Lynne said...

Summer of '79 I was boating (and sailing) on White Lake out into the "big lake", Michigan. Married . . . Scott was 15, Suzie was 12 . . . Life was so sweet, we were blessed with joy and happiness . . .

I will listen to the song when the "sleepers" awake . . . I don't think I know your favorite!

Bianca said...

Listened to the song, never heard it before.
Summer of 1979??? I was seven years old and don't remember much from that time in my life unfortunatly.

RoeH said...

Wow I don't even remember that one. I was in a different world during that decade. In 1979 daughter was 12 and son was 9. I started knowing again what music was what in the 80's when my kids had the radio on all the time as teenagers. Fun to go back, isn't it. I still love all the music from the late 50's and early 60's - some 70's. My parents in the 50's thought I was goin' straight to hell though with what I listened to. If they could only hear what's on the tube now. :)

Deb said...

I would have turned 15 that summer so I'm sure I was running around with my boyfriend. We spent a lot of time at the lake. I don't rememeber that song. I was more of a Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith kind of girl. I'm pretty sure that I got in a lot of trouble that summer.

Donna said...

I was living in Washington D.C. and going through a very nasty divorce. I remember the song vaguely. I spent many summer weekends traveling with friends up and down the Chesapeake Bay. The sailing trips were the highpoint of that dreadful year.

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

loved loved loved that song. I was divorced the year before and looking for new love. LOL Oh yes, I really was, so this song really made my day back then whenever it came on the radio. :-))

Andrea said...

I was trying to live my life without my maternal grandmother who died the summer before...she had pretty much raised me. I was 13 years old and devastated.

Sorry.....Your question took me back!Guess no one has ever asked me where I was the summer of 79!

Great reminder: We never know what is going on in someone else's life if we don't ask! THANK YOU for reminding me of a truth I should not forget!

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

In the Summer of 1979, I would not be born for another 10 years. LOL So I wasn't even a thought in my parent's head ^.^

I really like this song though! It has a good tune to it.

Thanks for sharing Misha!

Donna said...

Now I really feel old! I was 20 years old, been married 2 years, gave birth to Amber that year and I don't remember the song. I listened to it and love it.
Hugs
Donna

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i was born in May of 1978.. so i was wee young. ha. ha!! great tune. (:

Flat Creek Farm said...

I loved this song! And had forgotten it! Thanks so much for the memory, Misha. In 1979, I was out of high school for one whole year and that was the year I married my Mr. W :) Wow, that was a looooong time ago ♥ -Tammy