27 September 2012

~ As For Me ~ { And A Little Critter Happiness! }



As for me...
Thanks for the messages and emails
asking if/when I am going to post
my story of Invisible Illness.
 At some point I will share mine
 and the post that J wrote.
I just need to finish writing my story.

A few weeks ago I wrote about
my friend Phil and the privilege
I had to walk along side of him
during his illness.
There were a lot of things I hadn't thought
about in a long time.
Writing about Phil brought back so many memories.
And a lot of emotion.

After writing this post, I immediately began
working on Invisible/Chronic Illness Awareness Week.
Reading and editing the individual stories and pictures to be shared,
promoting these posts on different social media sites,
supporting the posts being shared on other blogs,
and checking in with the Invisible Illness site to 
support the posts being highlighted there!
Whew.

Along the way, I was writing my story.
And then I just stopped writing.
All of a sudden everything just seemed very heavy.
I felt as if I was carrying every story shared in my heart.
So many people suffering with chronic illness.

One main factor seemed to resonate 
within the majority of shared words.
Lack of support.
Families, spouses, partners, children, friends, employers..
Lack of understanding. 
Of having no empathy towards those dealing with illness
on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly basis.
There was so much sadness written about this aspect of
living with chronic illness.

Sometimes, in order to save your own heart, 
you just have to step forward and
 leave some things behind for a while.

And because my mind and heart needed a break,
that is exactly what I have done.
I was just all out of what I was supposed to 
be able to give while writing my story.
So, as for me, my story will be shared soon.
~ ~ ~
Each day we all need a little *happy* 
in the hours we walk through.
I always try to share my happiness with you
in the form of the silly antics of my pups and kitties.
So here are some slices of happiness that the last few
days have given to me!









Always remember that
sometimes our heart and mind need a little break,
and we need to heed that internal feeling! 
And then feed our soul with what makes us happy.
In my case, a little critter happiness does it every time.
xo,
misha

19 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

no worries. we'll be here whenever you're ready.

Betsy Tant said...

<3

Beth Edwards said...

you always make me smile. your furry friends are too cute. big hugs. xxoo. (:

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your kitties are so cute. Thanks for sharing your happiness with us!

Karen said...

Misha, to find joy every day when you are suffering, is truly a gift..and shows what a remarkable person you are.

Looking forward to your story, and J's experience too...

Donna said...

Those cute furbabies sure can give the love and lift your spirits!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Your Brutus and my Gypsy look amazing alike...both beautiful!
Misha, one important thing Dave's death and grief have taught me is it takes as long as it takes. There are still people who tell me, "it's been xxx amount of time; don't you think it's time to move on?" Only friends have the privilege of asking that question and only friends won't. Each day is a new day to miss Dave, to remember our past, ponder my future and, somehow, make sense of how that's going to happen. Don't worry about not blogging or responding to comments; it happens when you've energy; for me, it happens when I've time and time is a precious commodity since there's only me to do the work now.
God loves you with an everlasting love and underneath are His everlasting arms. He has a purpose for you as He forms you in the image of His Son. For me, that's a painful process but I wouldn't trade it for the world!
xoxo, Sandra
P. S. Lily is the star of my blog post today -smile-.

Laura said...

A break is good sometimes.
The other day Jim came in the house. He could probably tell I'd been crying and asked what I was doing. I'd been watching really sad stories on tv. He suggested that I turn something happier on. Sometimes we are just bombarded with sadness and have to have some happy...that's where your cute critters come in! :)

Jeanette said...

Sharing your little bit of happiness with us gives me a little bit of happiness. I don't know what I would do without my critters everyday. Just looking into their sweet faces can lift my spirit sometimes! Have a good week, Misha!

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

Those are such very inspirational and true words my friend! Like my mom tells me, you need to do what's best for YOU and YOUR well being sometimes over everything else and it's OKAY!

I always have to remind myself that it's okay to step away. It's okay not to answer phone calls or emails. It's okay to do NOTHING for awhile.

Hopefully you're feeling better both mentally and physically! I can sure see your pets lend you a lot of love and light when need be ^.^

Donna said...

You take all the time you want writing your story. I will look forward to it when you post.
Your furbabies are so cute and make me smile :) I am trying to take care of two little kitties on my back deck. I have been bottle feeding them. So cute!
Hugs,
Donna

Melinda said...

Way too FUNNY!!! Your critters just crack me up.


M :)

Amish Stories said...

You have some great loving little pals to hang with I see in your home. Richard

Lynne said...

Critter happiness is the best . . . well, let me clarify. There are a couple of "critters" I will never be fond of, like M and R! But soft, purring, warm cuddly . . . my heart is soft!

Ellen in Oregon said...

It is a gift to be able to sometimes bare your soul and share your stories as a way of touching and enlightening others. The other side is that this ability can consume hugh quanities of strentgth & energy. My personal phrase for this state is what I call "My soul has been sucked dry" point. Do whatever you need right now to protect yourself and get recharged. We love everyting that comes from what you give on this blog. The point is you give of yourself on this site. We, as your visiting audience have a vested interest in your taking time off and doing whatever you need to in order to recharge your soul. When you are ready and wanting to - then come back. People who enjoy your words will be ready when you are. Take a walk and kick some leaves, sit on your porch and do nothing, spend time letting the animals heal you and the context of your sadness will change and take on new meaning and the heaviness you feel burdened by will ease. That is my hope for you.

the cuby poet said...

I have quite a few friends coping with chronic illness and I know how important friendship is. Always to be there no questions asked just listen without judgement.

Rural Revival said...

I'd recognize that face on Zeke anytime...it's the same face Callie has after she's dug a three foot deep whole in the chicken pen.

; )

Holly Field Designs said...

Hello, I just found your blog and like it very much. I too find animals help in so many ways. My cats always seems to know when things are at their worst and snuggle a little closer.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Critter happiness works for me.
I love the way your wrote this and I truly understand it.
I am happy I have found someone who understands the invisible part:) B