05 July 2012

A Little Slice of American Pie



For so many of us,
the song, American Pie by Don Mclean,
is like an anthem.
It reminds me of my childhood.
My mom and I would cruise 
in her green Pontiac LeMans
with the bucket seats and my little self
would belt out this song!
J and I heard this yesterday,
being played for the 4TH of July!
We belted out every verse together!



{And this poster, which my mom hung in my bedroom!}


Watch the video!
Yeah, it's a little long, but then American Pie is one of longest songs ever recorded!
And the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan
did an awesome job of showing what a slice of American Pie
looks like in all the nationalities shown in this
World Record video!
Enjoy!
xo,
misha

Don Mclean.com

12 comments:

Lynne said...

Love this Don McClean . . . memory maker. Suzie learned to ski she was two . . . really! And we used to sing this as she "boogied" down the bunny hill! Thanks for the memory and the mention of Grand Rapids!

Joyce Ann said...

Oh I love that song, thanks for posting it. Hope you are feeling good. Stay cool.

Jeanette said...

I've seen that video before..love it! Have a good rest of the week, Misha!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

LOVED this video... it brought tears to my eyes because it's just SOOOOOO America!!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I LOVE this song. Thanks for the sweet reminders.

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

This is definitely an American classic! :)

Beth said...

lots of memories from that song. the 4th was a quiet one for me & the hubby. take care. it is so warm here. 96 on the temp gauge. but feels a whole lot warmer. i'm dreaming of snow ... is that bad? ha. ha!! (:

Amish Stories said...

American pie is definitely a classic song with a message! Richard from the Amish settlement of Lebanon,pa

Mamabug said...

What a great post! It sure brought back lots of memories for me!

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

I sang this to my kids when they were little!
Even now they 'cringe' a bit when that song comes on & I'm around!!
I have to sing it!!!!
♥'s
Sherry

geri adamski said...

Hey Misha,
Finally figured out the google account. Thanks for the tips.
I live about 45 minutes from Grand Rapids, my younger sister lives there :)
Take good care.
Geri

Flat Creek Farm said...

Loved American Pie! I must come back to watch the video for it has been ages since I've heard the song. I remember doodling/copying that poster when I was pretty young! :) -Tammy