13 July 2012

~If These Boots Could Talk~ The Series 2012



A few days ago as I was cleaning
out a few dresser drawers, I came across
a box that I have kept for many years.
In it are all my ticket stubs from concerts
 that I have been to over the years.


I then proceeded to type out a list from
all those ticket stubs so I would have a summary somewhere other than
just in a box.
You can read that list of live music here!
I still have quite a few to add but it's a good start!

Although I had been to a number of concerts before ever seeing
The Rolling Stones
{the first being Johnny Cash with my parents when I was about 6!}
I do believe The Stones instilled in me,
a love for live music!
They always put on an awesome live show!
I will pretty much go to watch band perform live.

Some were huge venues and some were small clubs.
And because growing up, I only lived an hour from Detroit,
we had a lot to choose from.
(I still cannot believe that my mom let teenager "me" do all of this...
I suppose if I were a teenager today, things might be different
than it was in the early 80's!}
Later, when I lived and worked outside of Atlanta for many years,
the concert pickings were cream of the crop!




It is the 50th anniversary of The Rolling Stones!
This video shows the diversity in ages that The Stones still play too!
The ending isn't too shabby either!

Interesting side-note
When I attended school at Colorado State University {for Equine Artificial Insemination}
I had a British class-mate who offered me a position.
He was a head manager at a very well-known
Arabian stable in England.

After completing school and returning to my very long-term position
at a private Arabian horse farm in Georgia, we would email back and forth.
He always let me know the "door was still open".
And although the offer of living and working in England was very tempting....

I had a Siamese cat who was a best friend!
And he would have had to be quarantined  for 6 months
per British Law, before he could come live with me.
I wrote about Maverick here and how he had endured treatment
with radio-active iodine therapy for thyroid cancer.
I just could not make him suffer 6 months in a cage or even living
apart from me with someone else.

The equine position was with
Halsdon Arabians, owned by Charlie Watts, drummer for the Rolling Stones.


I probably missed out on an incredible experience.
But on the other hand, having Maverick until 2008, {and passed away at age 22} was also
an incredible journey that I would not have missed for the world!

And about 18 months after this job offer, I did make the decision
to accept a new position in south Florida.
And Maverick went with me!

Sometimes life leads you exactly where you need to be.
Because several years later, I would meet J!
xo,
misha

18 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

another misha brush with greatness. :)

TexWisGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I Do Declare said...

One of my favorite questions to ask of people on road trips or at dinner parties is, "what's the best live show you've ever seen" so I loved reading this and seeing your list!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

I went to a Stones concert back in the early 80's in Tempe, AZ at Sun Devil Stadium... it gave me memories that I will never forget.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Misha, Nobody can see a major concert for $15 these days, can they? (more like $150)....

Staying with your precious Siamese kitty was much too important I'm sure... We all can look back on those 'missed' opportunities --which probably weren't opportunities at all.... You certainly made the right decision.

Hugs,
Betsy

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

I agree with Betsy; The cheapest concert that I've heard of is at least $30 and that's NOTHING compared to the 'big' artists o.O

What an interesting story indeed! Even though you didn't end up taking the position, it's probably still fun telling the story :)

Karen said...

Now that's a cool story!..and you have such a big heart!.... and I was thinking as I was reading... but you wouldn't have met J had you taken the offer, probably.

SO!...

Gaelyn said...

In my youth I went to concerts but never the Stones. That would have been a hard gig to turn down. Yet such is the way of life. So many paths to choose.

Lynne said...

Great to see your "I have been to these concerts" list. Very few can claim anything similar. What memories you have had . . .

I remember one of the first things you told me a year ago when I started blogging, "tell your story." I love hearing your stories Misha. Such experiences you have had and you tell them to us with humility and joy. I can't wait to hear more!

Donna said...

Love this post! I am trying to remember all the concerts I have been to in my life and the memories begin to flood my mind.
Maverick led you to the love of your life. I couldn't have left him either!
Hugs,
Donna

Lady Courtney said...

I love reading your post and living through your memories...amazing!!! I commend you on your decision to stay with your trusting four legged baby! Bless you!

the cuby poet said...

I have never seen The Stones but loved their music when I was a teenager and on to my twenties still like their sound as they and I grow old together!. Really enjoyed this post.

Melinda said...

It is interesting where life's path takes one.
More is planned for us than we plan ourselves.

Hope ypu are doing well.
Tell Annie Hi.

:)

Deb said...

It's been a long time since I've been to a rock concert. Love the Rolling Stones

Flat Creek Farm said...

Love those Rolling Stones.. cannot believe it's their 50th! Wow! Misha, I always enjoy these. Our son, the Fiddler, would be incredibly jealous that you saw Johnny Cash live in person! I do love a good concert. Sadly, it's been several years for me! -Tammy

I love my dogs said...

Life is about making choices and to think of what might have been is useless. We all must do the best we can wherever we end up and it sounds like you have a pretty good life there in Tennessee. I think you are exactly where you should be. And you are closer to family.

Donna said...

What a neat story! And I enjoyed the video too. The Stones always knew how to rock it out the BEST!

Rural Revival said...

Pontiac was less than 2 hours away from me. I saw U2 there. : )