04 May 2012

~A Fetching Day~


Sissy is our resident genius feline.
Really.
She can open the cupboard door to get the cat treats.
{I have now had to hide them!}
She learned her name in a day, 
and will run to me like a pup when I call her.
Sometimes this little girl is too smart for her good!
She is incredibly playful.
All. The. Time.

She adores chasing her tail.
Around and around..
Loves to carry things in her mouth,
like the straw from my sweet tea 
that she pulls out when I am not looking!

Each morning when I make my morning tea,
she is there..waiting.
For the little foil packet that my
Constant Comment tea bag is wrapped in.
I  just crumple it and throw it across the kitchen
and Sissy takes off after it!
She quickly brings it back and we play this game
until my tea and oatmeal are ready.

But her all-time favorite toy and game are these~


Little caps that are small enough to 
carry in her mighty feline jaws!
{But large enough she cannot swallow them}

Sissy is obsessed with these caps.
Totally obsessed.
But, she doesn't just bat them around herself.
She plays fetch!
I love it.
I can sit and toss to her
all day long.
I toss.
She brings the cap back.

If I am up and about the house,
she will follow me,
drop the cap,
and give a little squeak in her tiny voice.
That means,
Throw it now!

Sometimes her obsession is a bit much.
Like a Lab with a tennis ball.
Over and over you throw it,
and they never tire!

Yesterday, as I tried to read a book,
Sissy wanted to play cap-fetch.
Even though we had rousing game earlier that morning,
our little cat who surly was a 
Labrador Retriever in another life,
was intent on getting my attention!

 I hid behind my book.
I tried to ignore her.
Sissy began peering around the book.
She was not taking no for an answer!
 Look at that face.
How could I ignore those gorgeous green eyes
begging me to put down the book and play fetch.

 And so we did.
Over, and over, and over.....


Later that day,
I snuggled back on the couch, 
to get a another chapter read.
Sissy came and sat by my book.
And that snarky look on her face?
Well, that was her way of saying,
"I just can't believe you would rather read than play cap-fetch!"
"Don't worry Sissy", I whispered to her.
"J will be home soon and he loooooves to play fetch with you"

When J walked through the door,
I handed him the cap.
And I went to finish that chapter!
~
I hope you each have a splendid weekend!
xo,
misha

As I type this, Sissy is sitting on my desk,
with her cap in her mouth!
Oy.


17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

this made me laugh! what a cutie! but ocd! :)

Lynne said...

Gotta love an animal with a personality! What a fun post Misha!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Oh pets... how we love them and obey their commands.... LOL She's very cute!

Donna said...

LOL, she sure has you trained!

Deb said...

There is no putting a lid on kitten energy. I presume she's a kitten but hey..some of my seniors still love to play. Enjoyed the post. Hugs, Deb

Bianca said...

She could be the sister of our Cees!! I often say he was a blond lab in a former life. Sniffing like a dog, taking his fabric mouse in his mouth, laying it in front of my feet and waits patiently for me to throw it...
Don't you just love this playfull kitties?! And that face!! How can you say ever "no" to that?!
Have a good weekend!!
Bianca

Donna said...

I have Sissy's sister! Mine likes to play with medicine caps. And reading a book ,,,mine gets in between the book and my face! I can't even talk on the phone. Sissy is adorable and I know she brings you joy!
Hugs,
Donna

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hi Misha! Your Sissy sounds like our Chelsea the 'farm dog' Shih Tzu. She still loves to play fetch over and over and over...like a broken record. What beautiful eyes your girl has and she knows how to use them LOL! I hope your weather is cooler than ours...we're in the 90s with high humidity. As you say...oy! You have a wonderful weekend too.
Maura :)

RoeH said...

Too cute for words. They are smart.

Mary Ann said...

Loved this post... cats are so remarkable!

Gaelyn said...

Sissy is a sweetie for sure. Not many cats play fetch, so I think you're right about the lab part. I had a lab that just wouldn't stop fetching. Good thing you're not the only one around to play cap-fetch.
Hope you are well.

Jeanette said...

That is so cute! I love the way she looks over the book...my cat Smudge does that too!

Laura said...

So cute!
When my daughter's cat, Ricky, was younger, he loved playing fetch with a catnip mouse. I had never seen a cat play fetch before. As soon as Ricky grew up, he quit playing though. Quit playing catch, I mean, he does play "run through the house and kick all the rugs a-kilter" all the time!

Deb said...

Sissy thinks she is a Golden Doodle. Gus does that exact thing to us with his ball. He is completely obsessed with it. I think I would like a cat if I could find one like Sissy:) Love that sweet picture of her resting her head on the book.

♥ Helen said...

Your Sissy is really special and beautiful and a much loved cat. Your blog is very nice.

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

What an absolutely GORGEOUS little girl she is! Those green eyes would be my downfall; I'd just end up playing cap fetch with her all day xD

Thistle Cove Farm said...

she looks a dear! Misha, hope you're having some good days.