29 March 2012

Springtime From The Porch . . .


talk about surprises.
I had one this week and
felt honored too
misha invited me to do a guest post for her
my first thought was
WHAT
you want
ME
and
HOW DO I DO THAT
I must admit the honor overtook
any apprehension I was feeling
but I truly didn't have a clue how
I was supposed to do a post on
from my front porch in the mountains
if I was Lynne living
on a back porch in
Irish Garden House
but here I am
. . .
talking about
honor, laughter, flowers, creating, friendship,
passions, the arts, life gifts and more
thank you
for visiting misha and
reading me


supporting local endeavors
is a passion of  mine
supporting local
helps a community thrive
helps a homestead be alive
helps our earth and land
and brings fruition to many

the greeting cards shown in this post
are from our local art museum
sending a card to someone
is becoming a lost art
and yet is there any one of us
that doesn't enjoy receiving a
personal greeting

support your art councils
your art museums
the post office
farmers markets
much more



I started blogging almost a year ago.
my friend Babs had been talking about her blog
for a few months and I just poo poohed it and laughed it off
one day I said, okay, what is this BLOG thing all about
it came at me with a hook
surprised I was indeed.
I found I was able to share my life
write and reflect
discover and laugh
learn and grow
in the first month I met Misha.
better said
I was lurking and found her
I fell in love with her 
I fell in love with her family
 if you follow misha
and I am sure you do
because you are reading this
no doubt you have
fallen in love with misha too
 what cinched misha for me
was reading about her friendship of a young gal
who had a much different life than I had
 
reading about this young gal
told me a ton about her life story
but even more it told me
about the love and faithfulness of Misha
I felt an instant caring for Misha's
Genuine
Gentle
Loving Self
scroll through Misha's blog
to find the stories about her dear friend 


I introduced misha to my little girl dog snickers
misha kind of likes her
snickers was walking today with her papa, my hubbby, 
she heard my car coming down the road
  
carefully,
jack let her off her leash and she "booked"
 so did he
down the road to meet me

we love our little 8-10 pound lap dog.
she loves us too


my passions
~ ~ ~ 
cards
writing
quotes
laughing
reflecting
gardens
flowers
landscapes
life
the
earth



card purchase
local art museum
gift shop


remember
   love and laughter 

~ ~ ~

life is mostly froth and bubble
but two things stand like stone
kindness in another's trouble
and courage in your own
princess diana

~ ~ ~

OLD MAN
an elderly man in Louisiana had owned
a large farm for several years
he had a large pond in the back
it was properly shaped for swimming
so he fixed it up with picnic tables
horse shoe courts and
some apple and peach trees
one evening the old farmer decided
to go down to the pond to look it over
he hadn't been there for a while
as he neared the pond
he heard voices
shouting and laughing with glee
as he came closer
he saw it was a bunch of women
skinny dipping in his pond
he made the women aware of his presence
and they all went to the deep end
one of the women shouted to him
"we aren't coming out until you leave!"

the old man frowned
"I didn't come down here
to watch you ladies swim naked
or make you get out of the pond naked"
holding the bucket up he said
"I'm here to feed the alligator"
~ ~ ~

 REALIZE
to realize
the value of a
sister, brother
spouse, parent
friend, relative
ask someone
who doesn't have one
to realize
the value of ten years
ask a newly
divorced couple

to realize
the value of four years
ask a graduate
to realize
the value of one year
ask a student who
has failed the final exam
to realize
the value of
nine months;
ask a mother who gave birth to a still born
to realize
the value of one month
ask a mother
who has given birth
to a premature baby
to realize
the value of one week
ask an editor of a weekly newspaper

to realize
the value of one minute
ask a person
who has missed the train, bus or plane
to realize
the value of one second
ask a person
who has survived an accident
to realize
the value
of a family member or friend
LOSE ONE
time waits for no one
treasure every moment you have
the origin of this letter is unknown
found on the blog of
~ ~ ~





mother's day is approaching

what is a mother
these apply in my thinking
the mothering of a niece, a child, of an annie
 of a snickers. a grandchild, a dying husband
and you may name more
unquenchable love
. . . it was really a happiness attack  . . .
the bonfire of mother love
that had burned all through Lillypad's childhood
had calmed and quieted . . .  
. . . had become a pilot light - steady and dependable
warm enough to be comforting
but not so hot that it overpowered 
there on the floor of the bridal salon
it ignited in a blaze of overwhelming happiness

unquenchable love
have you be blessed

found on the blog of
enjoy her
and
love her writing
~ ~ ~
the following will be
one of my friends for life
she would enjoy a visit from you
she loves her family
she loves being an auntie and a great aunt
she is great at cooking up a storm
she has recipes galore if that is your thing


this gal delights me
stop for a visit
enjoy reading about foster dogs


please visit
a country farmhouse
you won't be disappointed
each time
stellar
charming
lovely
adorable
love




thank you
for visiting
from my front porch in the mountains
thank you misha for honoring me
misha will be back soon
and she is wishing
each and everyone
of you
happy spring days
~
namaste






17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

thanks, lynne, for popping in! misha, get to feeling better!

Deb said...

Thanks to Lynne for the guest post. Very nice. Great stories and cute pics!

Elizabeth said...

I love this post !

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a wonderful guest blogger and post you've written; quite lovely! Many thanks for crediting me and bless your kind heart.
Misha, you're still on the prayer list!

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi, Stopped in to visit with Lynne, a real friend I've never met. My best to you Misha, and with Lynne as your friend, you are blessed! Such lovely quotes, especially from Princess Di. Be well Misha... Lynne, see you back at the house!
Love, Penny

the cuby poet said...

Thanks for this post which is so full of interesting things. I love the story of the elderly farmer in Louisiana and his large pond! Good stuff. Thanks for this and best wishes to Misha.

Lynne said...

Happy Birthday sweet lady!

Cindy said...

Lovely post, and wonderful new friends! Some made me cry, some laugh, but all made my heart happy. Misha get well soon, my prayers to you and Jay so that your 4 legged friends see you well soon :)

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.

Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm
thinking about creating my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you

Feel free to visit my weblog - http://Tennis4gatti.com/Denisepit

Anonymous said...

Its such as you learn my mind! You seem to grasp a lot approximately this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
I feel that you just could do with some percent to
drive the message home a little bit, however other than that, this is great blog.
An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.

Feel free to surf to my weblog - exercises to improve vertical jump

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your weblog. You have some really great articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd
really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to
mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Cheers!


Look at my homepage: Www.itisberenini.Eu

Anonymous said...

you're actually a just right webmaster. The website loading pace is amazing. It kind of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you've done a excellent process on this matter!


Feel free to visit my blog :: http://data-intelligence.pl/SolomonkjPuckettmy

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.
Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm
thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? With thanks

Here is my web site :: bed nyc

Anonymous said...

Wow, this piece of writing is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing these things,
so I am going to inform her.

my blog - workouts for vertical jump

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This blog post couldn't be written much better! Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept talking about this. I am going to send this article to him. Fairly certain he's going to have a great read.
I appreciate you for sharing!

Also visit my blog; workouts to jump higher

Anonymous said...

Wonderful site. Plenty of useful info here. I'm sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks in your sweat!

Have a look at my homepage: exercises for vertical leap

Anonymous said...

I am no longer sure the place you're getting your information, however good topic. I must spend some time studying more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent info I was in search of this information for my mission.

Feel free to visit my weblog; http://facebierzo.com./