05 February 2012

Will you be watching tonight? I will, but only for this!



Like so many of you,
I will be viewing the Super Bowl tonight!
And like so many of you,
I will be watching only for the commercials!
I could give a hoot about the game!

Each year, I wait.
For the Budweiser Clydesdale's commercial.
You can find a *teaser* of the commercial online.
But, it is truly a teaser!
Like 2 seconds.
So I added one of their famous commercials 
for your fun, viewing pleasure!

I adore these guys.
Here are a few fun facts about their
horsey world.
The amount of feed they eat?
Well, it makes the feed bill for
Annie and her family seem like peanuts! 
Hitch Requirements: To qualify for one of the traveling hitches, a Budweiser Clydesdale must be a gelding at least four years of age, stand 72 inches at the shoulder when fully mature, weigh between 1,800 and 2,300 pounds, have a bay coat,four white legs,a white blaze, and a black mane and tail.
Feed: Each hitch horse will consume as much as 20 to 25 quarts of whole grains, minerals and vitamins, 50 to 60 pounds of hay, and 30 gallons of water per day.
Handlers: Expert groomers travel on the road with the hitch. They are on the road at least 10 months every year.  When necessary, one handler provides around-the-clock care for the horses, ensuring their safety and comfort.
Transport: Ten horses, the famous red, white, and gold beer wagon and other essential equipment are transported in three 50-foot tractor-trailers. Cameras mounted in the trailers are connected to monitors in the cabs that enable the drivers to keep a watchful eye on their precious cargo during transport. The team stops each night at local stables so the “gentle giants” can rest. Air-cushioned suspension and thick rubber flooring in the trailers ease the rigors of traveling.
Names: Duke, Captain, Mark, and Bud are just a few of the names given to the Budweiser Clydesdales. Names are kept short to make it easier for the driver to give commands to the horses during a performance.
Horseshoes: Clydesdale horseshoes measure more than 20 inches from end to end and weigh about 5 pounds which is more than twice as long and five times as heavy as the shoe worn by a light horse. A horse’s hoof is made of a nerveless, horn-like substance similar to the human fingernail so being fitted for shoes affects the animal no more than a manicure affects people.
Dalmatians: Dalmatians have traveled with the Clydesdale hitch since the 1950s. The Dalmatian breed long has been associated with horses and valued for their speed, endurance, and dependable nature. Dalmatians were known as coach dogs because they ran between the wheels of coaches or carriages and were companions to the horses. Today, the Dalmatians are perched atop the wagon, proudly seated next to the driver.







Enjoy the video!
And keep a close eye on those commercials!
You don't want miss these intelligent, gorgeous guys!
{i don't mean the players, either!}

Oh, and there is some blonde chick
singing at half-time.
Can't remember her name
but she has been making the rounds 
on every TV show this past week,
that will let her tout her goods!

For me, those horses trump 
the game and the blonde!

What do you watch the Super Bowl for?
The game,
half-time,
or the commercials?

Happy Sunday, friends!
xo,
misha

21 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

No. We don't watch the Super Bowl as we feel there is not much super about sports. I'll be watching something on PBS and Hubby will be watching Netflix. Enjoy your commercial though! The Budweiser horses are gorgeous!

Donna said...

I love the Clydesdales and am amazed at how large they are! They are beautiful animals along with the cute dalmatians! This my favorite commercial ever.
Thanks for all the info on the horses.
I watch the game for the commercials too! I will be looking for the Bud ones! The blonde ... who is that? :)
Hugs,
Donna

Mary said...

I've always loved the Budweiser commercials. Thank you for the fun facts! I would love to have one of those shoes for decoration, they are huge! Before I cancelled cable, I used to enjoy the "puppy bowl" on Animal Planet and the kittens at half time. I am still not sure if I will watch, but I probably will. I hope you are feeling well.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Misha, Happy Super Bowl Sunday to you. May the best team win!!! I personally am for the Giants --but I truly just hope it is a good game. Anxious to see some great commercials also!!!

I love the Clydesdale commercials... Hope there are some great ones this year.

Hope you are feeling well.
Hugs,
Betsy

Deb said...

That was some interesting info on the Clydesdales and they are certainly magnificent creatures. The Budweiser commercials are always the best.

I'll be watching the Super Bowl for the commercials. I tried to get interested in football this season but it just didn't work.

Growing Up A Country Girl said...

The game will be on here - I will watch some of it in between getting up and doing some other things :) Yes some of the commercials will be wonderful - thanks for showing this commercial. It is a good one!

Donna said...

I only watch for the commercials and the Clydesdales are my favorites!!! I'm like you - I have no interest in the game.

TexWisGirl said...

i so often skip the game and catch commercials in the weeks after... :)

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

They were at our fair a few years ago and I stood by as they got them ready and hitched them. The time spent putting the little roses in their manes:-) The guys answered all our questions as everyone stood by and watched in amazement. Awesome horses!

Julie Harward said...

I know...I love them too, too bad we can't just see all the commercials and skip the game! ;D

Beth said...

i thought we wall watched for the commercials... right? i love them. can't wait. (:

RoeH said...

I was going to say a naughty line about the super bowl but I decided I'd better now because somebody would come and kill me good. So I'll just say....YES! Those horses are absolutely beautiful. And I wish I had their groomer. :)

Jeanette said...

I love those Clydesdale horses. They are such beautiful creatures. I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, too. My all time favorite Budweiser commercial is the one with the young horses kicking snowballs at the older horses! I have it in my favorites and watch it whenever I remember too! Have a good week.

Gaelyn said...

Don't watch it, no TV and dont' care. Although I agree the horses are Awesome.

Lynne said...

I be missing you girl . . . happy to see you!

Is it just me or is this game BORING . . .

I would watch the Clydesdales, twenty times over! I LOVE their white hoofs and liked the Dalmatian and Clyde... high five in the video!

I watch the commercials . . .

I thought Madonna was trying to be a "Wanna be Gaga." I felt sad for her!

Please excuse my negativity!

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

I love those commercials and the horses...what magnificent creatures. Actually we don't watch the game or sports period so we miss all the new commercials unless someone posts them on YouTube. Thanks for posting this one! I hope your weekend was a good one Misha :)

Clint said...

I have visited the Clydesdale barn at the Bud brewery in St Louis. It is a magnificent place. The horses themselves are huge---and are beautiful. They are spoiled rotten by their handlers.

Ann On and On... said...

Hands down or should I say hooves down...I'm always a fan of those commercials. I actually had the opportunity to see them in real life. They truly are amazing creatures.

What did you think of this years?

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Next time I go to town, I'll take the laptop so I can see this video, Misha. I don't watch sports or real time t.v. for that matter. I DVD everything and watch at my convenience and exactly what I want to watch.
Right now, I'm hooked on Sherlock, Leverage and another show about numbers and some tall, handsome, quiet spoken man...can't remember the name. It's big brother, a machine watches/listens to all/everything. Who cares? I watch because of that actor and I don't even know his name -LOL-. Heck, I even like the geek!

Nezzy said...

Golly gee willercurs, I'm late again!

Yep, been there...done that...watched the commercials.

I do so love the Clydesdale...they are such awesome creatures. Loved the video.

God bless ya and have a fantabulous weekend sweetie!!!

Rural Revival said...

LOVE the video! And since I don't have cable, I would never have seen this, thanks!