29 January 2012

~ 1,095 Days ~ My Blogversary!


~Three years~
I have been writing here for 3 years!
Like so many of you, I began this blog for our family.
I was a reader of several blogs at the time
and thought it would be a brilliant way
to share our daily lives with family! 




Along the way I began to find more blogs that I loved following.
That you gave me chance to peek into 
your daily lives was so fascinating to me! 



But, I have to be honest.
always felt shy about leaving comments!
I wondered what *you* would think of me.
Because all of you seemed to know each other so well!

It was it's own little World,
this Blogland was!


I felt like the new kid in school walking
into the cafeteria for the first time!
One day, I took a Leap of Faith and began to comment.
And as I kept up with my fave blogs, 
participated in the conversations, I got to *know*
so many of you. 
With each new blog post I read, 
I felt a part of something.
As sappy as that may seem, this little blog world
began to mean the world to me!

The day I got my very first comment,
I was on Cloud 9!

The comment was about the horses.
Could I maybe show more pictures of them?
The commenter was a city girl, in a
far~away~country.
She loved horses, but never had seen one
up close and personal!


And then it dawned on me.....
Just because I may think my life is boring quiet and usual,
to someone else, it could be quite interesting!
I never, ever dreamed that anyone would find
my daily world.....



....of mucking stalls,
unloading hay and straw,
cleaning the barn,
dealing with princess Allegra,
living with a Jelly-Belly Klepto Cat,






bathing a very muddy Cadence,
the antics of three dogs and a small herd of cats,
soothing the nerves of old gal Allure,
finding out Miss D was pregnant (Oy),
and dealing with sassy, Little Miss Annie~ 
interesting!
Why wouldn't it be? 
Our differences in living are 
what make our lives fascinating!


And after I began writing about 
living with chronic illness, 
my little blog world expanded even more.
I was able to connect with 
other bloggers who were dealing
with the same things I was.
And more than any of you will ever know,
your comments and emails filled my heart.
And made me feel less alone and afraid.


When I shared last year about my sweet Nana being
diagnosed with Alzheimer's, so many of you left comments
and wrote emails about your own family trials in dealing 
with this horrid disease.
I couldn't believe how many of us were dealing with this...

A peak into someones life.
A way to connect.
Realizing that everyone has daily trials and tribulations.



You lift my spirits.
You make me laugh and smile.
You make me think.
You introduce me to new things.

The one true thing that I have found,
is that we are more alike than not!
Each of us making our way through this world,
documenting it one post at a time.

And to all the newbie bloggers who 
email me to ask how I found my nitch....
Keep posting! Keep commenting!
Finding your *nitch* is right around the corner.
I promise!

To those bloggers who helped me, 
so very much, when I was new to  Blog World..
thank you, thank you! 

To those of us who have been in Blogland for a while now..
remember to support those new bloggers.
We were all standing in the cafeteria line, 
alone, at one time too..
Pay it forward!


I really love putting together blog posts!
I love to write.
I adore being able to put pictures 
along with the stories.
When you take your time, to stop by,
I never take that for granted.




Thank you so very much for being a part of
From My Front Porch in the Mountains.
It truly means the world to me when you show up here!


xo,
    misha

p.s. For all of the Lurkers..
today is the day!
Go ahead :)
Click on "Follow this Site"!
And leave a comment and introduce yourself.
We would love to have you 
join us on the Front Porch!

32 comments:

I love my dogs said...

I have found that everyone has a story and each story is unique and interesting. Sometimes when we think we live a boring life there are others who would love to have our lives and vice versa. So keep on blogging. There are people out here waiting eagerly for another chapter in your book of life. Love ya.

RoeH said...

Let's see....I started in 2007..8, 9, 10, 11, 12,.....Yikes! Have I been doing this FIVE YEARS?? And I haven't been on the Today Show yet?? Oh well. I still just enjoy this crazy phenomenon called Blogging. Congrats!

Laura said...

Misha, I think that yours is one of the first that I discovered when I first started exploring this blog land! Of course, in the beginning it was all about the horses and then I got to know YOU. And yours is one of the ones that I click right into when I see you've written a new post. I ♥ you!
Even though I've stepped back from my blog (somewhat and probably temporarily), I'll still keep visiting you!

Freda said...

I love reading your blog Misha. I love all your horse, cat, dogs and Nana stories. Your pix of East Tennessee are gorgeous. I hope you are doing better and your Fibro is being easy on you. I am still recovering from knee replacement surgery I had in October. I feel like I traded one achy knee for another but my doctor says it wil get better. Hope you have a great weekend.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

good post of encouragement, Misha. your photos are always beautiful and love visiting here; one day we'll do it in person.
xoxo
Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm

TexWisGirl said...

you summed it all up so perfectly. we share a piece of what we consider boring, old normal life, and folks across the world get a peek into a day they'd never otherwise share. i love the community here, and am thrilled you are part of my daily life!

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Oh Misha, I love your blog and always enjoy every visit on your front porch. Was just amazed at how much I learned about coons after seeing Elvira's post... Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS on three great years!! Here's to many more!
(((hugs)))
Leslie!

Mary Ann said...

What a wonderful post, Misha! And wonderful pictures, as well... I'm so glad to "know" other bloggers like you!

Deb said...

I love hanging out on your front porch. Your blog was one of the first ones that I started following and I enjoy everything that you post. I still have a hard time leaving comments on blogs that I'm not real familiar with just like the new kid in the cafeteria line.

Andrea said...

Misha:

I am thankful you allowed me into your heart and life. I don't get by as much as I want to or should and yet you haven't written me off. GOD BLESS YOU, sweet friend!

Hugs, blessings, and prayers,
andrea

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Oooh, nice header today... You certainly found something that is perfect for your blog!

Beth said...

hi there. happy blogversary!! so glad i found you & have the chance to keep up with your life & going-on's at the home & farm. it's such fun. you have a great story & you make me laugh & smile. thank you for the fun & love. big hugs. i love your family like they were my own. (:

Donna said...

What a wonderful post! Isn't it amazing how much we learn about others AND ourselves when we blog? I'm glad that I found you out in cyberspace, dear Misha, even though you live right down the road from me in beautiful East TN! I've gotten to know all of your critters, your hopes, your dreams, your tenderness. Happy Anniversary! - clink - to many more to come!

Lynne said...

Happy Blogaversary! Three years . of sharing and caring
. . . and visa versa . . . Now you have me intrigued . . . I think you were my first, "who is she". I think I saw your blog, "lurking" and read about your young friend who died in a plane accident and might have left a comment. Then you came by to visit me . . . I am off right now to check when we "connected."
Strange how the friendship happens in blogging. I see your name, your blog name . . . and I am excited, for I think, and feel, "I know her!". I love it when you visit me and I love when I see a comment you have left for someone else.

Happy Day Special Lady . . . Loving you . . . Love, Lynne

Flat Creek Farm said...

I dare-say that I was (maybe) one of your first blog-commenters. I remember the shyness I suspected here, and I *connected* - not only because I knew you were an animal lover too.. but because I too had a hard time opening up (and still do). I can honestly say I've watched you blossom :) ♥ you, Misha! And congratulations!! -Tammy

Marilyn said...

Best wishes for more years of blogging. It's a lot of work, but many get to enjoy what you share.♥♫

islandwonder said...

I too love the horse picks. :)

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I think it helps that you are just a very very nice person and people LIKE you!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Happy Blogaversary, Misha... Loved seeing pictures of your family and your furry babies..

Great post.
Hugs,
Betsy

camp and cottage living said...

Big congrats to you on your three year anniversary!
Although I don't always comment, I do visit often. And I don't know zip about horses or animal husbandry, so I truly enjoy visiting and seeing your menagerie.
You have a lovely family. Your Nanna look especially precious. I hope she received the Christmas card that I sent her!
Blessings-Kimberly

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY MISHA! It's been a pleasure finding you (through Catherine in France)and following you for nearly 2 years. You've made me laugh and you've made me cry and it's been wonderful to get to know you and your family and all your animals through your eyes. THANK YOU for sharing a little part of your life with us...it's been a pleasure getting to know you. XO
Maura :)

Donna said...

Misha,
I recall you finding my little blog in the land of blogging. I was so thrilled to read about your life in an area I love to visit! I instantly fell in love with your blog and reading about all the "babies" on the farm. I remember waiting to hear of Annie's birth, when she choked on the carrot and her illness last summer.
You have touched my heart reading about Nana and your family and how blessed you are to have such wonderful parents.
Happy three year anniversary and many more to come!!
Big Hugs,
Donna

Amy said...

Hello my dear, first of all congratulations with 3 wonderful inspiring years of blogging! May it only be the beginning to many more years of blogging! Second, I am so glad you began commenting so that it was possible for me to find you. Blog world is so big that without people leaving comments it is almost impossible to find all the great blogs out there unless you just happen to stumble in on them and that happens but it´s much more fun when you find someone through a comment- it´s almost like a personal invitation to come visit my world...
And that brings me to my third point. Blogging has become so successful because as one other person mentioned here, we all have a story, we all have lives and things to share and blogging helps us do this and it´s human nature to be curious about how others have it...and blogging gives us a glimpse into the lives of people we might aspire to be like or feel we have something in common with or just find incredibly interesting.
Happy blogging my friend...I love being able to share in your life, hear about your amazing pets, your wonderful family and your life in the beautiful state of Tennessee. :-) Hugs from Norway

Bianca said...

Hi Misha, congrats on your 3 years of blogging.
I love your blog because it gives me a peek inside a life that's lived in my favorite country, the USA. Never been to Tennessee, but hope I will this year or next year in our next vacation.
My life couldn't be more different here in the Netherlands and that's why I love to surf the World Wide Web of bloggers to see how other people live and love all their lifes.
Everybody has a story to tell I think and I just love to read all about them.
So, keep on blogging and sharing and I'll do the same.
Kiss, Bianca

Debi said...

Well spokenlittle friend. I love that I found you through another blog. I have enjoyed your chats about your animals and the country life and family. You have such a dear way of connecting. Here's to many more years of posts and comments.

Karen said...

What a great post, Misha, well said... I look forward to stopping by your porch in the mountains for many years to come :-)

Ann On and On... said...

It's a porch I look forward to sitting on everyday.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I know we don't comment on one another's blogs all the time and don't visit as much as we'd like to either, but YOU were my very first follower. Your kind comments and friendship helped me to see the blogging world and gave me the 'courage' to get to know others like you. Thank-you for that! CONGRATS on your Blogversary and giving people like me a glimpse into your life that I enjoy reading about!! :-) ~~Here's to many more years of blogging!!! Cheers!!~~

(GBS) NewsFromTheHill said...

Happy Anniversary! It has been a delight to read the blog and get to know you and your zoo of sweet critters!
Grace

Farmhouse Style Living said...

I think everyone here feels just as lucky for blogging to have brought you into their lives. I know I do! I have met few who are genuine, loving, thoughtful or as caring as you! I am so glad that you decided to take the plunge. Happy Bloggiversary to you my sweet friend and here is to many more!

Country Dreaming said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!
You know how much I love your stories and pictures. I have enjoyed getting to know you and your family (animals included)
and look forward to hearing more of those great stories!

Melinda

Rural Revival said...

And thank YOU for finding me all alone behind you in that cafeteria line. My first memory was a lush landscape of kudzu and breathtaking vistas from your front porch and I've wanted to sit on it for 'reals' ever since!

Happy Anniversary!!

LYLAS
~Andrea
xoxo