17 December 2011

~Glorious Cherries on a Cold, December Day~


I believe the most treasured gifts 
are the ones that take us by surprise.
Little acts of kindness,
when we are least expecting it.
And this morning,
a treasured gift was waiting for me
when I opened up my mail!

A sweet woman named Carrie
and her 11 year old daughter sent
me something totally unexpected,
but-oh-so 
treasured!

Carrie and Gracie have been following 
From My Front Porch,
since right before Annie was born.
Even though Carrie is not a blogger,
she and Gracie always make sure they zip
off an email for each post I write.
And as you can imagine, 11 year old Gracie
adores Annie and all of her antics :)

{Gracie even calls herself and her mom, 
"Team Brutus"! 
They really love all the trouble
that fat-footed cat gets himself into!}

Not quite 3 years ago, Carrie's husband and Gracie's father
very unexpectedly died at age 43.
And in searching for help with grief,
Carrie found herself reading the blogs of
other women who had walked the same road.

One night while blog-hopping, Carrie found a blog 
with a story about a horse who was about
give birth.
And that horse was, Miss D!
Together, Carrie and Gracie began to read the 
adventures of Annie and her family.
And through email, the 3 of us became friends!

So today I present to you,
my Christmas gifts from Carrie and Gracie.

A beautiful drawing of Annie!


Annie and me!

A big smile lit up on my face when I opened these
adorable pictures this morning!
I do believe I will be printing them,
so they can be framed :)
And of course, my sidebar will happily accommodate them!

Carrie and Gracie are an awesome duo.
Mother-daughter/best-friends.
Finding their way in the world after a life-altering change.

Each time Carrie and Gracie comment on a post,
they always sign off with,
"Thanks for making us smile and giggle".

I so appreciate  
both of you,
Carrie and Gracie!
And thank you,
from the bottom of my heart for the gorgeous 
drawings you made!

It was like being handed
a big bowl full of glorious cherries 
on a cold, December day!
Today, you each made me smile and giggle :)

Merry, merry!
xo,
misha

p.s. Gracie asked that I tell all of you,
that this past summer, she and her mom
began taking riding lessons!
Hooray!
And one day, Gracie hopes to have her
very own "Annie"!
Oy!
{*giggle*}


23 comments:

Deb said...

So nice that you have inspired them to take riding lessons:) That makes me smile and giggle. Adorable art work too!

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

What a wonderful gift from your special friends!
It truly warms my heart!
As do you and all your animal babies!!
♥'s
Sherry

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Some people just really warm the heart and are special to us even though we never meet. Love her artwork!!

Julie Harward said...

That is so very sweet..they are good too! I hope that little girl grows up and has a barn full! Merry Christmas Misha! ;D

Town and Country Gals said...

Misha,
what sweet and meaningful pictures they made for you! They are wonderful, perfect to be framed! So nice that you were able to give them something to focus on and enjoy together!
Hope you are enjoying the Holiday Season, Merry Christmas!
Rebecca

TexWisGirl said...

so sweet! really beautiful drawings, too!

Beth said...

now that is extra sweet. love the drawings. what a lovely christmas gift. (:

Gone Country said...

How totally sweet! Gracie is very talented!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

That's such a sweet gift. And her drawing of the horse is pretty good! I hope they enjoy riding. Another Annie? Oh boy!

Lynne said...

Oh Misha . . . I just, loved, loved, loved this. (I bet you knew I just might!)

The drawings are treasures . . .

Country Dreaming said...

Great story!
Gracie is a super artist, thoses are so cool!

Melinda

Donna said...

What a charming present! I bet you had a few tears of joy when you saw them.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

What a wonderful post, Misha... Blogging is just so awesome and we meet such fabulous people.

I hope that Gracie will have her own "Annie" someday... That would be neat...

Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Betsy

camp and cottage living said...

Misha
I just can't think of a more precious gift. What a sweet mother and daughter.
I would make them into cards too!
Blessings-Kimberly

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

What a great story; thank you for sharing. Blogging has brought so many people together!

Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year.

Karen said...

One of the best things about blogging is connecting with wonderful people you would have otherwise never met! What a nice surprise.

Samantha said...

How sweet! :)

Rural Revival said...

My face just lit up looking at this beautiful artwork!!

What a treasured gift indeed!!

LYLAS!
~Andrea
xoxo

Ricardo Miñana said...

Beautiful lyrics, Christmas is endearing,
These days I wish peace and happiness come to your house.
Happy Holidays!.
a hug.

Amish Stories said...

Those images are not too shabby i must say, sadly I'm only able to draw stick figures! Richard

Donna said...

Doesn't this just make blogging worth the time! So heartwarming :)
The pictures are adorable!
You and Annie and all the critters have made me smile soo much!
Hugs,
Donna

Mary said...

I think it is just wonderful how many people you have touched through your wonderful blogging. The drawings are just terrific! I think it's great that they will venture into the horse world. Good luck to them both!

Saloma Furlong said...

Thank you, Misha, for such a moving post. It sounds like this friendship is meant to be.

Saloma