06 November 2011

~Words of Comfort for Sandra~


At 6:30p.m. this evening,
I received an email from my
dear, sweet friend.

Her husband, Dave, passed away today.

Not quite a year ago, Dave was diagnosed with cancer.
There were months of treatment which
kept Sandra and Dave away from their beloved 
Thistle Cove Farm.
And when they returned,
Sandra tried to instill a sense of normalcy
to their lives.
A *new normal*, 
that she often wrote about.
~The view from Thistle Cove Farm~

I met Sandra as soon as I began blogging.
We became fast friends.
Chatty emails about our 
menageries, 
the love of all things *farm*,
love, life, politics, illness, parents~
We chatted it all.

Sandra is a person who seems to intuitively
know when I am having a bad day.
An email will appear saying all the things I need to hear
at.that.very.moment.
Over the past few years,
she has given me many words woven together
that somehow made my days better. 

When I wrote Sandra back this evening,
I tried my very best to convey 
comforting words to her.

If you would be so inclined,
please visit this dear friend of mine.
Gentle words in a time great sorrow
mean the world.
And she needs these gentle words
as she walks into another
*new normal*.

xo,
misha

11 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Because of your blog, Misha, I had also begun reading Sandra's and am so sorry to read of her loss. I'll go there now.

Mary said...

I am so sorry for you and your friend. It is heartbreaking.

V.L. Locey said...

So sorry to hear of your friend`s loss.

Lynne said...

Thank you Misha for your message. How kind of you to let us know. I will send my caring . . .

Hartwood Roses said...

Though I don't know Sandra, I was saddened this morning to read on her blog that her dear Dave had passed away. You are a good friend.

Samantha said...

You're a good, kind person...
sending love and healing to Sandra.

Donna said...

I will be praying for her. I can't even begin to imagine her heartbreak.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I will do that. You're a sweet caring friend for her.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Misha, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend's husband. I know how much she means to you. May God Bless her and her family.

I've been off of the computer for quite awhile. You may not know that I've been very sick. Was in the hospital twice... BUT---with lots of love and prayers from others, I am on the road to recovery... Thanks be to God.
Hugs,
Betsy

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Misha, you bless my heart; thank you! Tuesday is visitation, funeral is Wednesday; God willing, I'll be home Thursday.

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

Aw, my heart goes out to poor Sandra in her and her families' difficult time-No one should ever have to endure the loss of a soul mate, but unfortunately, this dreaded thing happens :(

She is very lucky to have someone like you supporting her Misha!