28 November 2011

~If These Boots Could Talk~The Bucket List of My Past Life!

It has been one of those weeks.
It has been a while since I went into 
a Flare of this magnitude.
My regular days are bad enough of late.
One thing I do know~
I sure do not have the 
Grace and Joy of my Gitz Girl, Sara!

While the world around me has buzzed about
upcoming holidays,
I just plain ignore it.
Sometimes, I find it unimaginable
that I can never again plan simple things,
because I don't know where my body will be
at any given time! 

So yesterday I chicken scratched on paper
{I have horrible hand-writing!}
a list of things I have already done in life!
A kind of already done,
bucket list that I need to remember.
Not a braggy list.
Just a simple list for me,
that reminds me this life has given me
a full ride already.
And if my place is in this cottage farmhouse,
with J and all the critters,
'til the end of time...
So be it.
It is what it is.


So here we go, for a start~







                           I have floated down the River Seine
     on a Bateaux Mouche in Paris, France.
And had a 13 year old declare his love for me.
I bet he turned out to be a heart-breaker!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Piccadilly Circus in London


I sold all my Levi's jeans when I was in London because
the Punkers paid big bucks for them! 
They want American, broken-in jeans :)
Funny thing is....
now I order my Levi's jeans off Ebay!
Because I want broken-in well-worn jeans! 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


I almost got arrested for taking pictures at the Eiffel Tower.
A famous photographer was snapping away
 for a French Vogue magazine layout.
He kept yelling at the Police in French as I snapped pics of him
snapping pics of the models.
The French police approached me,
demanding my camera or the paddy wagon!
In what little French I knew,
I babbled. I cried.
And I got to keep my camera.
{I did understand the policeman saying,
"Stupid American Girl!"}  


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 




I sat on a balcony one evening with Gregg Allman,
and shared an entire, HUGE, bag of Halloween candy with him.
I don't particularly care for candy,
but hey..
it was Gregg Allman!
He was quiet, soft spoken.
{way, way, way, way, post Cher}
{Did you know he has raised Arabian horses for years? And lives not far from Montezuma!
 He played a few shows in Atlanta after that and I had ticket's waiting for me!}

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

In the mid 80's I did three commercials
for Sebastian International
and a few other print ads.
At 5'10 inches, I was a wanna-be model.
After working days from 6am 'til 2am,
it kind of killed the desire.
There was nothing more boring than standing
around and waiting, waiting, waiting.
{But, I did meet a lovely girl who became a tragic story
all her own.
More about her on my next Bucket List.}


If I ever have the VHS "model"tapes turned into DVD's.
I will surly post them! And you can laugh!!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Hmmm...
Don't even know how to explain this one.
Tucson, Arizona
I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner with Slash
from Guns n' Roses.
Several times.
He wore his top-hat.
Always.
And no shirt.
Just a leather vest.
Incredibly intelligent, nice, well-spoken.

 Rolling Stone placed him at No. 65 on their list of "The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time" in 2011.





Even if you were never a fan
or did love you some Slash,
{and I still do}
you cannot deny the man has a gift!
Married now, with children.
And clean and sober.
So take a listen, and really watch, full-screen!
{filmed in Tucson, AZ.}

So far, my "already-done-did-that" bucket list made me feel a little bit better!


I have a part two coming soon!
Know I need to figure out how to get to Kenya!


What is on your Bucket List?
xo,
misha


To those who came by to give Thanksgiving wishes;
Thank you!
I was pretty much out of commission yesterday.
In fact, it took me 4 days to complete this post.
Hooray! 
I finished it :)

23 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Oh sweetie... I never do a bucket list because to me that's an omen that the end is near. I just take each day as it comes and enjoy the hell out of it! Gregg Allman though... WOW.

Deb said...

You are always full of surprises. Paris, a model and rock stars. Amazing completed bucket list.

I'm sorry you have been feeling bad. Hang in there:)

Lynne said...

What fun to hear about Misha! I knew you had a few stories in you! I am looking forward to Part 2 . . .

Gone Country said...

I was hollered at too while photographing the Eiffel Tower but not threatened to be hauled off to jail! Good for you in getting out of it, lol!

I hope you're feeling better soon and am looking forward to Part Deux!

Jeanette said...

Wow! How great is your bucket list so far? Gregg Alman and Slash?? Very cool! Feel better soon my friend.

TexWisGirl said...

you have most certainly lived a big life in your earlier years! i am sorry for the pain you have now. but the living life in a cottage house with J and the critters sounds a bit like heaven to me. i do wish you stronger days, however, so you can enjoy those moments more!

Donna said...

You have had some interesting experiences so far, LOL! I want to do LOTS more traveling, of course. These days, we're traveling as much as we can, trying to pack it all in before our bodies wear out.

Donna said...

I came back to say that I hope you get to feeling better soon! I'll be praying for you!

Marilyn said...

Your list is amazing! But, home is the best place! May this flare quickly be gone and be replaced with strength and energy with no pain.♥♫

Donna said...

You are full of surprises! Love the stories.
Hope you feel better soon!
Hugs,
Donna

Hartwood Roses said...

Slash AND Gregg Allman??? I'm a rock and roll middle-aged mama, and I think this is the COOLEST!!

I traveled the world as a kid, the child of a soldier, and I saw way more than most by the time I married and settled down at age 20. My goal now is to see the USA and experience as much of it as I can.

I really admire your tenacity.

Rural Revival said...

You absolutely never, ever cease to amaze me. Some day...when I'm done with those bees...I'm gonna sit down and your gonna tell me these stories from beginning to end. The whole enchilada!!

And you know I love that you've been to Paris and it is so cool to hear stories of your experiences there. Glad you didn't get arrested!!!

LYLAS!
~Andrea
PS. I will take you to Kenya...just say the word!! : )

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
(GBS) NewsFromTheHill said...

What fabulous memories! Hope you're feeling like adding to that bucket list soon!
Thanks for the fun post!
Grace

Amy said...

Now see I wanted to see photos of you as a model...hmmm...maybe that was what the link was, haven´t checked that out yet.

And who would have known little Miss Misha has had so many rocker friends!!! Very cool....

And you´ve been in Paris! I am going for the first time with the Captain December 15th! Christmas time in Paris I imagine is gorgeous, so excited!!

I am so sorry that you´re having a rough time...I know it´s very little comfort to hear this but I think every time I have a difficult time that somewhere in the world someone has it worse then me and it seems to help lift me a little knowing things could be worse. Spending your days in your sweet cottage with your loving husband and your adoring four legged babies sounds dreamy...enjoy my friend and know that you´re in my thoughts and I am wishing you more comfortable days then challenging ones...

Big hugs from Norway :-)

Nezzy said...

Glory to goodness girl...ya got a part two??? You've already far surpassed my old bucket list!!!

Woohoo...ya know how to live!

God bless and have a great week sweetie.

BTW: Giveaway, my place...ya'll come!!! :o)

Nezzy said...

Hey darlin' I just wanted to thank you for visitin' and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya enjoy the ride!!!

God bless and please drop in often...the door is always open 'round the Ponderosa!!!

Roean said...

My bucket list is full of things to do and see but it'll never happen. I wonder if we get to twinkle down after death and do all the stuff we wanted to in life in a flitter of the moment.

So hope you are feeling better by now. I've been in California a couple of weeks so as just catching up. Hank was delirious with happiness that I actually came back home yesterday. He still hasn't stopped meowing. Crazy boy.

Elle Bee said...

You have done some FUN things!!! Oh my goodness!!!

Elle Bee said...

PS Can we pleeeeeeeeeease see some modeling pics?
PPS My heart goes out to you in your pain. I can't even imagine. hugs.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Greg Allman?? Slash?? Wow, Misha!! Sweet Child o' Mine.. one of my very favorites. Love it! Thanks for letting this ol' chick rock out ;) Sending many many hugs, and feel better wishes from all of us to you!! ♥ Tammy

Town and Country Gals said...

Misha,
hate to hear you're having a bit of a struggle right now! Maybe looking back at the "bucket" list has been a bit of a pick me up! You have certainly done some fun things and met some cool people! It was fun learning some new stuff about you, will be waiting for part 2 and some photos?
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Rebecca

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

Oh WOW Misha...Your bucket list contains some incredible, INCREDIBLE things on it! Like, once-in-a-lifetime-memorable things for sure :)

I will gladly admit I'm quite jealous of what you've got to do!

My dream is to travel, so hopefully one day I'll be able to see some of the sights you've seen ^.^