01 September 2011

~September Mountain Ramblings~




Let us all give a warm welcome to September!
Hooray!
I did my happy dance this morning when I flipped the calendar!
In my P.J.'s.
With felines circling my feet, waiting to be fed.
Oh, happy day!
Now I can tick off those September days on the calendar
and watch for the arrival of October! 
I see the breezy, crisp, *leaves falling to the ground* cool days, chilly nights,
*month of October* in my future.
And that, dear friends, made my day!

Since these are mountain ramblings, I am going to ramble in no particular order!
About things in our humble abode that make life fun and interesting.



Last week J sent this pic of himself.
I wasn't feeling up to par and he decided to cheer me up.
It worked!



A few days ago we were cleaning up my collection of boxes.
What?
You don't keep boxes on hand, just-in-case?

This particular box was full of packing peanuts.
J and I looked at each.
Evil grins we wore.



And so we put the box on the *slip-sliding* kitchen floor
and the let the cats have at it!
They jumped in and out,
they threw paws full of peanuts like it was New Years Eve confetti!
 Each would get a running start and slide across the floor
in their feline happiness!
Hilarious they were!
The pups just rolled their eyes.
*stupid cats*

J and I reveled in their joy and happiness.
Such a little thing to make all of us smile.
Big wide human smiles.
Belly laughs!
Big whisker smiles
And little kitty giggles!
After two days of peanut heaven, I finally swept up the mess in the kitchen.
I think we were all sad.....
But it was so worth it :)

I have never seen the end of *Bambi*. Couldn't make it past the Hunter shooting Mama!
I was a very sensitive child. Still am!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
In the very near future
we have a day of remembrance gliding towards us.

September 11, 2011

Bloggers all across Blog-Land will be telling their stories.
Where and how stories on September 10th.
Where were you on that fateful day?
How did you find out the U.S. had been attacked by terrorists?
How has your life changed since September 11, 2001?

Everyone has a story about that day.
Each is unique.
You don't have to have any connection other than 
we are all
 Citizens of the World.
And on that day, no matter where you hail from, each of us has a tale to tell.


So on September 10, 2011,
Bloggers will be posting their own personal stories.
And on September 11, 2011,
our blogs will remain silent.

I hope you will consider joining us!
Please feel free to take my sidebar widget and pass it on.
Or make your own!
I look forward to reading each of your personal stories.
9/11 changed my life.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Thanks for letting me ramble, 
in pictures and words!
~I hope this day finds you full of wonder and good love~


xo,
  misha
I had a rough start to the week and I am
soooo behind on your blogs!
But, I am getting there :)
See you soon..

16 comments:

The White Farmhouse said...

Love the ramblings! That pic of J is so hilarious! I just about peed my pants! Kittens are so cute watching them play around. I love their antics. Where's the big guy though? He too cool to play with peanuts?

TexWisGirl said...

kittens and packing peanuts. what fun!!!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Misha, Cute picture!!!! ha ha ... I would love to have seen the kitties playing with those packing peanuts...

I am glad that Sept. is here also--but it's still doggone hot here today.. That front is supposed to come through on Sunday I think.. Cannot wait!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Flat Creek Farm said...

You and J just crack me up!! Love the goofy/cute pic, and the peanuts idea ~ truly sounds like something we might do here. I mean, there is no entertainment like good & happy critter watching :) -Tammy

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hello Misha!
What fun...what with watching the kittens play and J's big colourful smile LOL...love it! Sorry to read you had a rough start this week but glad you're starting to feel better. Thanks for mentioning about posting Sept 10th...that's a wonderful idea. I'm just doing a post on September too...can't wait for cooler weather to arrive. Unfortunately here in Kansas September can be just like August. Keeping my fingers crossed it isn't although we set another heat record today. I think this is our 53rd day of triple digits this summer. As you say "oy"! Enjoy your long weekend!
Maura :)

Lynne said...

One more try to let you know the package peanut circus with the kitties sounds like pure delight.

The posting on 9/10 and quiet on 9/11 is a great idea. Thank you for passing it on and ecouraging us forward.

Country Dreaming said...

It sure doesn't take much to entertain you, J or the cats!!! :)
How fun.

Melinda

Donna said...

J's pic made me laugh for the first time all day! And those kitties are just adorable. I wish I could just love on them. My kitties are here by me ... had my toes cleaned earlier :) I will have to get them a few packing peanuts out to play with.
I thought I was the only one to save boxes in case I need them! I am so glad you shared that bit of info!
I love the idea about 9/11. I will never forget where I was ... we all have a story.
Hugs,
Donna

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Hi Misha, you already know this but that J is sure a keeper! Kittens are AAAdorable and Dave and I are so easily entertained as well...it's a sweet gift.
I've never seen Bambi for the same reason...are you saying it turns out well? Funny, earlier this year I saw a commercial for Bambi and it was the scene where the gun shot is heard, Bambi says, "Mother...?" and I lost it all over again. Knowing it turns out "okay"...a relative term... would sure make it easier on me -smile-.
So glad you like the book; my hand picked it up and God whispered, "Misha...".
xoxo
Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm

Thistle Cove Farm said...

oh poo...forgot to say 'thanks' and yes, I'll be joining in for the 9/11 non-blog posting but will post something in the next day or two and credit you...as well as put the box on my side bar but does that take band width from you...???
thanks for the great idea.

Joycee said...

Lots of smiles going on at your house, love your husbands 'hot tamale' smile! It's the little things like the box of peanuts that make life special. You could have thrown it away, now why would anyone throw away an opportunity to laugh? Joining you on September 10, 2011...and in silence on 9-11-11.

Donna said...

It's funny that I wasn't the only one doing a happy dance when the calendar rolled around to September! Let's grab hands and do a little do-see-do! Had to laugh at the peanut toys for the kitties. Too cute!

I hadn't heard about the blog silence on the 11th. I'll try to remember that and post early. Can't believe it's been 10 years. May Americans NEVER forget.

Jeanette said...

Wow Coffee and Hot Tamales?! Just the Hot Tamales alone would wake me up!! Love the post about kittles playing..they do love their boxes, don't they? Loved your post. Have a wonderful weekend, Misha!

Deb said...

I'm loving all the light hearted antics going on at your place this week. It won't be long until Fall is here, hang in there!

I haven't heard about the 9-11 blog thing but I like it.

Rural Revival said...

Oh my, I will laugh for a long time to come of that pic of J!

You guys are such good parents!! Those are some lucky kitties. : )

LYLAS!
~Andrea
xoxoxox

allhorsestuff said...

I am still hooting over how truly lovable and funny your J is...that "COLORFUL SMILE" is jsut too cute! That one I think i'd print and keep around for a surprise laugh off, when I needed it!

Seeing the dogs think "stupid cats over loving palying with that corn too...you'd totally be abale to read it on their faces!

Nice ramblings..I too am looking forward to the new season of change around us. We are fall wedded and bith my B-man and I love it!
XO
Kac