08 September 2011

~Family. It's a Good Thing~



My Aunt Debbie!







My parents arrived in east Tennessee late last night!
After leaving their home state of Ohio
this past Saturday, they drove to
North Carolina,
and spent a wonderful, long weekend
with my Aunt Debbie and Uncle John
at their gorgeous mountain home!

Yesterday they spent the day
crossing over the mountains
by way of the
Blue Ridge Parkway!

And early this morning they headed 
over to Nana's home.
I know Mom is so very anxious to spend time
with her mother!
And I can just imagine the look on
my Grandmother's face when her
daughter walked in the room....

Tomorrow my aunt and uncle arrive.
So for the next few days, 
my clan will be all together!

Just being.

Hanging out with Nana,
eating good food, catching up,
and enjoying each other's company.
And of course, the kids will be in their glory!
Extra hugs, pets, and laps to lounge on.
{Zeke adores my Dad!}

Family.
It's a good thing.

xo,
  misha

{please keep me in your thoughts.
although the change in weather is a glorious gift,
my body is having a hard time catching up.
the rain and pressure in this system moving through
cause havoc in my fragile nerve endings.
immense pain has settled in.
i want to be able to participate fully while
everyone is here.
i get so tired of apologizing for what i cannot do anymore.
and saying,
"i am sorry i don't feel good enough to "fill in the blank""
saying "i am sorry" over and over.
guilt and i are very good friends.
i even feel guilty for writing this....
geez.}



18 comments:

Donna said...

Have a wonderful time with your family! Hope you begin to feel better :)
Hugs,
Donna

Karen said...

Misha, I am constantly apologizing for not hearing people when they speak, making them repeat themselves. It's very frustrating for me to be the source of the aggravation and I see and feel their frustration in trying to converse with me too.. I do understand that sadness. I avoid certain situations because of it. Thinking of you ....

(GBS) NewsFromTheHill said...

How wonderful that your parents and Aunt were able to visit!
No need to apologize!!!!!

I'm a week behind in reading and replying to blogs myself and I don't have the excuse of feeling achy! I hope you're on the upswing soon.

Grace

TexWisGirl said...

sweetpea, i know how precious this family time is, so no need to apologize for wanting to be physically and mentally able to be 'present' with them fully. i do hope you will get a few days of wonderfulness with them!

Debi@7Gates said...

I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he is rich. A quote from somewhere. Enjoy your family time and I will think about you and hope you will be pain-free for a while.

Deb said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts as always. I will visualize you having a great pain free visit with your family. Y'all have a great time and enjoy each other.

P.S. let go of the guilt! It's okay!

The White Farmhouse said...

Stop with the guilt! There is nothing to be feeling guilty of. You are brave to admit your shortcomings and that is ALOT more than most people can say. Keep up the chin and enjoy your time with your family!

Rain said...

you have nothing to feel guilty about Misha-prayers and good thoughts are with you for a wonderful time with your family-they love you-they just want you to be happy and feel good as possible. :)

Lynne said...

Misha, dear one . . . it is wonderful to know your family is near you to be together. Please don't feel sad about saying how you feel . . . Hopefully the pain will subside a bit and give you some pain free time together.

You are in my caring and thoughts, with blessings.
Love
Lynne

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh you sweet thing... God Bless You, Misha.. I know you have some struggling days... BUT--family helps--and you have the best!!!!

Enjoy your family...
Hugs and Prayers,
Betsy

ain't for city gals said...

That was the best thing about mental pause....I lost all guilt about anything...I just do the best I can then forget the guilt....Have fun when you can..hope nana enjoys all the love!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Amen to all of that, and you, my dear friend will remain in my prayers. I pray that you can and will enjoy this precious family time to the fullest. Healing hugs from all of our gang to you! -Tammy

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh Misha...just take care of YOU so you can have a great time with your family. These are the days...

Lady Courtney said...

Don't apologize, they understand, be as much in the moment as you can. Praying for weather to calm for you. Donna

Cindy said...

Thank you Misha for your wonderful blog, you are a great inspiration to me. :)
~Cindy

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Misha we may not feel the pain you suffer from FM but we feel your apologies. If that makes any sense. I was hoping that you would be enjoying the cooler weather but I certainly do understand how low pressure can affect your body and you have certainly had your share of that lately. I hope the weather clears soon so you can get outside and enjoy your days...it will happen so hang in there my friend. You have a wonderful family so sit back and enjoy their company and they will be happy to do what needs to be done. I'm off to Missouri tomorrow so I will be watching for you when I get back. Take care of yourself.
Maura XO

Country Dreaming said...

Have a super time with your family.
Prayers and blessings for you to enjoy the time spent together.

Can't wait to hear the stories for this weekend!

Enjoy!

Melinda

Rural Revival said...

Thinking of you dear friend. Every.Single.Day.


LYLAS
~Andrea
xoxoxoxoxox