27 June 2011

Mountain Ramblings in June...


Could someone send us some of
that wonderful 70 degree weather that
has been bragged about?
Seriously.
We have not yet made it to the
4Th of July
and I am
so ready for Fall!


Each afternoon the storms keep rolling in.
One after another.
The sky fills of lightening and the thunder
just booms on and on.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Saturday was pedicure day in the barn.
These kids are all pros at having their
tootsies trimmed.
And for Allure and Cadence,
they also get their shoes re-set each time.
Even Little Miss Annie,
has good manners for the Farrier.
{sugar cubes do wonders for the manners of Annie!}
A little fussy behaviour is expected at times.
Who wants to spend time in the barn
when there are pastures to romp in and
yummy grass to chow on!

Yep, everyone has good manners~
except Allegra that is.
You know, the
Princess.
Not only known for their precise skill
of being able to trim or shoe a horse,
a Farrier must possess a huge amount of patience.
Especially in the case of a mare like Allegra.
She gets antsy.
She swishes that long, gorgeous tail.
She pins her ears back.
And she can make a nasty face that is fully intended
to let us all know just how
unhappy she is
about her pedicure.



Such a pickle this Priss can be at times!
She will always be the
Paris Hilton
of
Arabian Mares!

 

Little Miss Annie is totally back to her old self!
In fact, after the Farrier left
and all were turned out to play,
she ran all the way out to the end of the pasture.
I didn't get one new pic of her!
{not like I don't have a million,
but hey, you know how Mom's are}

My Flare is finally easing up.
It has been a long 3 weeks of not
being able to sleep, eat, concentrate, 
and being in a great deal of pain.
Thank you to everyone who always checks in on me.
I appreciate it more than you know....

J is on Summer break from school.
Hooray!
Two whole weeks to get that very, very
long list completed!
Today he started with this.
And Bo helped out.



Now go have yourself a little cat-nap.
You deserve it!
xo,
  misha

p.s. we are visiting with Nana tomorrow!

25 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm glad your flare is easing up now. I hope it's a very long time (if ever) before you have another one! Allegra certainly does have a beautiful long tail and she is posing in that pictures just like Paris Hilton does! Ha Ha!! Have a wonderful visit with Nana, Misha.

texwisgirl said...

so glad you're doing better! finally! i know the heat doesn't help. and hurray for miss annie!

i am hoping your grandmother is doing well. i know you must have hated not being able to visit her. :)

Flat Creek Farm said...

Enjoy your visit with dear Nana tomorrow! I'm so glad you are feeling better.. love hearing good news about Miss Annie too :) Hugs from (also stormy, muggy, trees down) Missouri. -Tammy

pilgrimscottage said...

Not fun feeling lousy, so I'm glad you're feeling better. Miss Annie is just as lovely as a horse can be. She's like me...doesn't care to sit still and get primped. The mountain views from your front porch is gorgeous!

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hi Misha!
Isn't that funny how Alegra is such a stinker at getting her feet trimmed. She sure does sound like a 'princess'. That's wonderful that little Miss Annie is a good girl...but then she wants those treats...she's smart ;) It's hot and humid here in Kansas too...108 yesterday ....in the high 80's today but then triple digits Wednesday again. Our electric bill is going to be crazy with air conditioning AND watering the flower and veggie gardens! Oh well...we'll just grin and bare it. I'm glad your starting to feel better again..hopefully your bout will be all gone before the weekend. Enjoy your day and the rest of your week.
Maura :)

Lynne said...

Allegra may be a PRINCESS, Paris Hilton type, but oh my goodness is she ever gorgeous! Wonderful photo of her!

And I am over the moon with HAPPY that "Miss Flare" is movin on out!!!

rharper said...

I too hope you're feeling better and will be up to your old self soon. I think about you often. If I was there I'd be tping your room and throwing M&M's all around.
The ears on 'Paris' are just amazing. What a beauty.

misha said...

Lucy, It is your job to get everyone together to TP my room and use M&Ms as confetti for my next Flare!
You are such a riot!!!!

Snappy Di said...

Ya, I've lived in a lot of states and never found one yet where I have enjoyed the summer months. Can't we just skip over it right into fall?

Deb said...

Love the glamour shot of Allegra in the pasture. Gorgeous! So glad to hear you are feeling better.

It's incredibly hot here too. The only way we can sit outside is to turn on the misters and hose ourselves down occasionally.

Have a great visit with Nana tomorrow.

Donna said...

Jay is starting off the summer break just right!

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better!

Country Dreaming said...

I tell you this all the time but these horse stories just crack me up!
Glad to hear that things are easing for you--having J home will be good.
We will be having more HOT weather by the end of the week but by the 4th it will calm down a bit. Yuck!
Take Care!

Melinda

Janet said...

Glad you are starting to feel better!
I usually catch up on my blog reading late at night when everyone is asleep. It can feel a bit lonely sometimes, as the issues on my mind or from the day come to surface. Reading your blog makes me feel a bit less lonely! Thank you for sharing your life with all of us! You truly are a special person!

Karen said...

So glad you're feeling better!...

We've had glorious weather for the past few days, thankfully. Need to get that barn done!

Cadence is just so darn handsome. What do you have to pay for a trim down there? Here it's $55.

ain't for city gals said...

J has the right idea..."How beautiful it is to do nothing and rest afterwards" ! Yay for feeling better...I just can't imagine how hard chronic pain would be...xoxoxo

Freda said...

Glad the flare is easing up, Mischa. I love all your pix of the animals. The heat is here too...95 degrees and 72 % humidity... but it is raining this morning!

Joycee said...

When you are as beautiful as Allegra, you can get away with those fits! Glad you are feeling better and hope the heat lets up for you guys too. We are to be near 100 this week here in the mountains of the Ozarks...too hot for June!

Laura said...

Glad you are feeling better. :-)
Always make my day when you post your horse tales! ♥
Enjoy your visit with your Nana and hope that you can find some relief from that heat!

Joyce Ann said...

Just stopped by for the first time today. Love your beautiful family. I think summer is just getting started, only in the low 80's here so I am really enjoying it. Glad you are feeling better.

Rural Revival said...

Which means you visited with Nana today! Yay! I'll be waiting for photos!

I'm so, so glad this last flare is starting to ease up. Good riddance!

She might be a pickle sometimes but she IS beautiful, that's a lovely photo of her. And I notice she snuggles up quite nicely to J while the farrier does his thing!

It's still cool here, maybe you should head north. : )

LYLASS!
Andrea
xoxoxoxxoxoxox

Kristeen said...

super thrill by the news that you are feeling better -- I am still in the flare-up-- glad Annie is back to being her self -- I wonder if the days are gone for me to have a horse or two,, I am horse crazy -- love how you talk about your horses..
Hugs..

Beth said...

I love reading your posts. Glad that you and Annie are feeling better. I have noticed that you mentioned J going to school and now on break. Where does he go to school? Thanks.
Beth

Thistle Cove Farm said...

So glad you're feeling better, Misha. You've had a rough go of it; glad J is off for a while and catching up on his naps...naps are way underrated!

Ironstone and Pine said...

Misha I love this post with the horses talking and the cows chewing out annie's name (like in the commercial) Breezy is good at those nasty faces too, I usually get one while cinching or if the brush is too stiff (what a princess) glad you are feeling better, come visit~devon

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Gorgeous mare, and I am so glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the follow, following back.