04 June 2011

Good things!

Hot and humid in east Tennessee!

The last week has been a whirlwind!
My small family landed in east Tennessee
a week ago,
to get my grandmother settled in her new home.
I am happy to report that
*at the moment*
Nana is doing quite well with her new home!
She has adjusted well.
But since arriving at River Oaks,
our family has been a constant in her days.
So with the departure of my parents today,
(my aunt and uncle left Thursday)
Nana will begin to settle into the wonderful community
that she now calls home.


River Oaks had a Memorial Day concert! My Mom and I sat behind Nana.
The small band plays at River Oaks 2-3 times a month!
What wonderful people they are to give of their time!
 
Nana on the screened in porch at River Oaks!
She has been having some very good days!
Blessed are we....

Tomorrow I will visit Nana for a few hours.
And I while I am there, we will call my Mom in Ohio
 so can hear her Mother's voice.
And then Nana and I will sit on her
love seat, look at old photo albums,
and hold hands.
I really am looking forward to sharing this new journey
of mine with all of you....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Now, on to Annie!
She is doing splendidly!
She has returned to her usual
feisty, curious, vocal,
*sniff us all over*
loving self!


Annie had Potomic Horse Fever.
PHF is a very scary illness in the horse world.
***Potomic Fever is caused Mayflies.
Snails release a bacteria into water, and aquatic insects will drink this water, the insect then perhaps drinks out of a horse trough, pond etc. and then drowns in the water. The horse may scoop up this insect while drinking and the insect may be or not be infected!!!!
This is the best scenario I can give!
So our dear Annie was unfortunate enough to somehow
ingest a Mayfly that was infected!
(Mayflies look like giant mosquitoes,
except they don't sting!)
FYI-Dogs and cats can also get PHF!
Always make sure if you have an outdoor
water source for your pets, the water bowl is
kept clean and free of dead insects floating in it!


Fog rolling out; humidity rolling in!

Annie is one very lucky filly.
The fact that the PHF was caught early on
and the grace of Annie's very healthy body
helped her immensely!
PHF is fatal so often to the equine it infects.
Had one of the older horses become infected with PHF,
I do believe the outcome would have been
very different...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I know I have said this in my past few posts~
but, Thank you again!
I know your prayers and good thoughts for
sweet Annie made all the difference!

The day she became so very ill,
she was laying down in her stall.
Unable to get up.
I don't think I expressed to all of you how
gravely ill Annie was.
I just couldn't.
Because if I typed it here for all of you to read,
it made it even more real
that Annie might leave us....
At that point Annie just didn't have any
*fight* in her.
But after I posted that evening about Annie's illness,
you flooded the comments with well wishes and prayers.
Throughout the night you all held Annie in your hearts.
By the next morning she was standing.
Still very, very ill.
But up walking around and finally eating her hay!

So thank you!
From the bottom of Annie's little filly heart,
and mine!

xo,
  misha


from me to you!





28 comments:

The White Farmhouse said...

It sounds like your grandma has found a wonderful place to live. Love that porch! I can see where you get your beauty from! Enjoy the time you have with her. What I wouldn't give to hold either of my grandma's hands and talk with them just a bit more.

Yeah Annie! What a scary experience for you! So glad to hear that she is doing so much better. I know I am constantly dumping our dane's water when she is outside. It gets filled with bugs and what not! Good to know about PHF. It would be really hard to tell if she got it though. She is so lethargic sometimes she appears comatose! Love the summer pics of the horses out and about.

Kris said...

New to your blog -- I love the first photo - all that greenness - missing my mother's birth state of WVa.. glad your horse annie is doing muh better - I have not had a lot of experiences with horses so this is good to know. I will be looking forward to reading about your experiences with your Nana. Have a wonderful weekend!
traelintoaventure@gmail.com

Lucy (aka rharper) said...

So pleased. Just so so pleased. And your grandmother is so pretty. What a neat lady.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm so glad and thankful that all is well in your corner of the world!!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Kris said...

hi it's me (Kris)again came back fast - right - this is why - I was reading through your Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed in 2008 with Fibromyalgia and also having a form of Mussels & Nerve Disease - crazy -- I'll keep in touch and tha's for the information.. your a sweetheart..

Freda said...

I am so glad Annie is better. My hubby and I both were praying for her. Glad Nana is settling in. Enjoy your visits with her.

Karen said...

Wonderful news, all of it!!....

Your grandmother's new home looks very warm and inviting...

Rural Revival said...

You will make some wonderful memories together, you and Nana. I know I don't need to tell you this, but enjoy every moment. I wish I could look through those photos with you, how fun!

AND La Senorita is doing well!!! YAY!!!!!! I have been thinking of her every day and waiting patiently (sort of) for an update! May there be many paddock boards in her future. : )

The irises aren't done yet, they're just continuing on here about to burst open at any time. And so goes the love Miss Annie, it just keeps going around and around and around. She is blessed, and so are we. ; )

LYLAS!
Andrea
xxoxoxoxx

Julie Harward said...

Great news all around..about nana and Annie, and prayers were answered for sure. I am so glad she didn't have EHV, that is going around here, they are canceling many horse events because of it. Come say hi :D

Amy said...

Again my friend, you are so blessed to have your family close by (soon mom and dad arrive also) and sitting holding your nana´s hands and just being with her is something I wish I could do with my nana. You are so lucky.

Annie is also a lucky girl, have never heard of this illness but glad you alerted us to it and especially since dogs can also get it- eek gads!! The gang here never leaves any water in their bowls, especially in the summer months, they are like camels, need to drink it all and store it in their trunks...naw, just kidding about that but they do drink tons of water right now...it´s only in the low 60´s but you would assume it was in the 90´s here the way the dogs are acting...would seriously consider shaving them down for the summer but they need their coat in the winter and it doesn´t grow that fast...so we will just have to manage some other way.
I am so glad Annie is back on her feet. The power of prayer, don´t you just love it!!
Looks like good times are ahead for you my friend now that Annie is ok and your family is moving down...but how are you doing??? You haven´t mentioned your condition in awhile...so I thought I´d ask...
Big hugs from the gang in Norway :-)

sdliving said...

Your header is lovely! Great blog title, too.

texwisgirl said...

i am SO relieved Annie's back to, well, being Annie!!! Bust a few boards out, dearie!!! whew! and at least you know what it was. thanks for the information. i had never heard of PHF before... i'm hoping it's not very common here.

2nd, your grandma is a beauty! i just want to squeeze her. i guess she reminds me of my mother who is gone almost 7 years now... i'm glad she is getting settled, but i know now that the hub-bub is over, she may have some harder days.

3rd, i love it that you showed your grandma some blog photos! that was really really sweet! hope she enjoys your time with her and the photo albums and such.

God bless you, Misha!!!

Arkansas Patti said...

Norman Rockwell would have loved your Nana. Such a lovely woman.
That disease is new to me and I used to have a horse. Thanks for the FYI about it being possible for dogs to contract it. Mighty drinks inside but is not opposed to taking a sip out of the bird fountain.
I will be careful. Continued good progress with Annie.

Jeanette said...

I'm so glad your family made the trip down safely and that your Nana is adjusting so well to her new home. How wonderful that she is close and you can visit her so often. When you mom and dad come back for good your family will be complete and together again! My heart is also joyful that Annie made a full recovery. That's wonderful news!! Have a great weekend and try to stay cool! That picture of the fog is awesome!

Sydney_bitless said...

That is such good news to hear about Annie!!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Wow Misha.... What a fabulous post today... Made me smile from ear to ear... Glad Nana is doing so well in her new surroundings... AND--I'm glad that Miss Annie is doing well also. Thanks be to God for our loved ones --including the furry ones!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Snappy Di said...

Love the fog shot, girlfriend! Such a sigh of relief to have Annie back to her spry self again... I'm sure you were so frightened of the possibility of losing her. Now you can relax and spend time with you Nana.

Di

Flat Creek Farm said...

What a beautiful, hope-filled post! Thanks for the updates, Misha. I had been wondering! So happy about your beautiful Grandma, and of course "our" Annie too! Bless all of you in that most gorgeous place that you call home. And... thanks for sharing the lovely iris! Hugs from all of us... -Tammy p.s. also appreciate the information on that equine disease. I will try even more to keep those bugs outa the water. Ugh!

Jeni said...

Good people good times. Happy Days for you Misha =)

Karen said...

PHEW! I can finally relax, knowing that you are all okay! Who would have thought I'd be stressing over a total stranger and her horse, but I was! I'm so so happy to hear all of the good news about Annie and Nana, and you sound well too, Misha! Praise God! I absolutely love that pic of Annie up top. She looks fat and sassy:)

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

This is a 'double happy post' Misha! I'm so happy for you that your Nana has settled in and is having 'good days'. I'm sure this is a big relief for you and your family and I'm looking forward to following your days with her. I hope it won't be too long until your parents move also...I bet you can't wait. And look at Little Miss Annie...she's back to her old self again! I have never heard of PHF before so thanks for sharing this information with us. Who'd have thought a bug could make such a healthy girl so sick! I'm happy for you on both accounts Misha....I hope you and J and your critters have a wonderful Sunday.
Maura :)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

It's so wonderful to visit and read about your blessings, Misha. Dear Nana is doing well, for now and we'll take it; dear Annie is healing and we'll take it. I am constantly amazed at how close all of us are to our last breath. Hope you have a grand Sunday.

Deb said...

Hi Misha, I teared up a little reading this. Your Nana is really going to enjoy spending time with you. So lucky you are to still have her. You girls have fun looking at photos. I spent the day with my Mom yesterday cleaning out her house of 30 years of collected items. We giggled all day long.

It's a blessing that Annie is back to her usual self. I know you are incredibly relieved. Good to hear that all is well in TN.

I'm going to send you an email with my update.

Deb

Feral Female said...

So glad to hear that all is well for you and yours. Your granny is a lovely woman!

ain't for city gals said...

Hi Misha,,,,Just catching up...girl you have had a busy week or so..glad things are going good with Annie and hope you nana finds peace with her new lifestyle...xoxoxo...

Donna said...

Three cheers for Miss Annie!!! I am so glad that she is back to herself again! I saw the program about the vets and it was terrific. I thought of you and your horses all the way through it! And how wonderful that your grandma is getting settled into her new home. She will be well taken care of and happy there! Blessings all around!

Country Dreaming said...

Yea for Nana! Glad she is getting settled.
Double YEA for Annie---ao glad she came through such a scary event!
My heart sings to hear that she is back to her old self!!!
Congrats!!!

Melinda

Barb said...

Hi Misha,
Visiting you from Arkansas Patti - I'm glad that Nana and Annie are both doing fine. Your photos are wonderful. You surely can capture the essence of a person and the beauty of a moment.