16 May 2011

My Other Self ~From My Front Porch in Kenya~


Today I am taking a challenge!
My sweet friend Karen from
This Old House2 just click!
is asking us to show what the lives of our
*other selves* would look like!

Did you know that I have always
had dream of living in Kenya?
The following is just a glimpse of what my life would look like!




We would have a farm.
With Annie and her family. And of course, all the pups and kitties!



You will all come visit, right?
And I would have to re-name the blog~
From My Front Porch in Kenya!


In Kenya, we will *dress* for dinner!
And I will have a closet full of  Meryl Streep's clothing from the movie Out of Africa!

In the early mornings, while doing barn chores,
I will spy these lovely creatures!
Mama Giraffe and her baby...
wondering what the heck are those Human's doing!


These guys would wander the property.






We fly over our thousands of acres to check on all the animals
whose property we live on....
And Zeke loves to fly with us :)





My *other self* would work along side the
to ensure the happy, healthy lives of all God's beautiful creatures living in Kenya!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The story of Born Free became a book, then a movie and eventually is what started
Born Free Organization.
When I was a little girl, my Dad and I 
watched the movie on TV one Saturday afternoon!
I was hooked!!
I then read the book.
And became fascinated with Kenya and BIG cats!

I never got a *big* cat
(i did get a spider monkey!! that is a whole other blog post!)
But my life has always been filled with little lions and tigers!
is wonderful for adults and children!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for visiting "my other self" in Kenya.
Who knows, maybe someday.......

"I had a farm in Africa, at the foot of the Ngong Hills."
Karen Blixen


xo,
  misha


12 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I loved hearing about your "other life"..lovely! I would just want to live where it's warm year round! ;D

Deb said...

What a lovely and exciting "other you" life you have painted. I like how your lions would protect Annie.

You had a spider monkey, really? LOL! I need to hear that story:)

My "other me" would do a little island hopping and playing in the ocean. She wouldn't be scared to do some deep sea diving. She wouldn't be scared of wasps and bees either and she wouldn't have arthritis.

Hope you are doing well, talk to you soon.

Deb

The White Farmhouse said...

I would definitely come and visit you there! My dad's best friends brother owns an animal preserve in Africa with Stephanie Powers and the late William Holden. I have always wanted to go and visit there. Besides having animals that want to eat you there, it seems like a beautiful place to visit.

texwisgirl said...

now THAT'S a different life for sure. :)

Rural Revival said...

Africa?! Very cool! I guess it shouldn't surprise, big cats and all! : ) And I would love to visit you there! I'd just have to stay longer, you know, because of the longer trip.

LYLAS!
Andrea

Karen said...

WOW Misha, this one surprised me the most! KENYA!!!... my other self would surely come for a visit. LOVE that dinner table outdoor scene..and the dress..I can see you in it!

Thanks for joining in...I'll know put your post under the hot tub.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautifully written post! I took the challenge, too...it really made you think, didn't it? ♥

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Beautiful post, Misha.... Your 'other self' has a beautiful life.... IF I could, my other self would live in Alaska!!!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Born Free was one of my absolute favorites as well; I can remember singing that tune until I thought my brain would pop!
I've been working on such a post but with a twist.
word verification: tripp
-LOL-

Snappy Di said...

LOVE that heart necklace! And adore the dress and hat, but then I'm a hat gal.

Di

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Oh what a fun post Misha! I LOVE your other life in Kenya....but I love your life in the mountains of East Tennessee more ;) I'll have to do some real thinking on what my 'other life' would be like...I'll get back to you when I figure it out ;) Enjoy your day!
Maura :)

Flat Creek Farm said...

Misha, I just *heart* this post to pieces! I grew up with Born Free as my favorite movie. Just hearing the theme song could still bring tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing your other life. I think I could deal with that life too - perfect! -Tammy