05 January 2011

Warm, cozy, and wonderful!


Just a few pics from our
Holiday adventure.
I feel all warm, cozy, and wonderful
when I reflect back on our trip!
Family does that to you!

~The drive~


 J, the good driver!
I don't drive. I just chat :)
According to J~
a lot!



 Driving over Jellico Mountain.
I love all the ice on the mountain rock!
~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes when we head to our mountains, we take a cooler, fill it
up with icicles and take them home for the pups to play with outside :)
They have a blast!
yeah, we are quite silly like that!




 Coming into Kentucky.

 The car really, really wanted to veer off and go the
Kentucky Horse Park.
If you have never been, put it on your list!

After major bumper to bumper traffic
through Cincinnati and Dayton,
we finally saw the sign for
Toledo!

~We are there~

My Nana is now living in Assisted Living.
We spent Christmas Eve day there and also
Christmas!
Isn't she beautiful!

My Aunt Deb, Nana, and J!

My Aunt Louise came too, and brought her
oh, so sweet and pampered pup, Bambi!


Christmas Eve.
 J, my Dad, my Aunt Louise, and my Aunt Deb(who is hiding!)
And Bambi who is under the table!


 Yep, it's blurry but I still like it!
(anyone know how to *fix* it?)

 All of us at my Nana's new home for Christmas dinner!
We had dinner in a lovely private dining room and the
staff was awesome!



 The guys hanging out.
No "Lifetime" tv for them.
Love both of 'em so, so much!

 I don't think I could love my Mom any more!

We look like sisters!


~On to where J grew up~


J's boyhood home.
And my dream home!
A two-story white farmhouse...
with a porch, of course!

 
J is from the little town of
Byhalia, Ohio.
Did you know we are both from Ohio,
but we met while living in Florida!
Ah, destiny....
Beautiful Ohio farmland behind J's old home.

 

On our way to stay with J's Grandmother,
we stopped by the cemetary.
J's Mom passed away when he was a teenager.

Sometimes life just isn't fair, is it...
He carefully brushed all the snow off of her beautiful headstone.
It was bitter cold out but I don't think we even noticed.


~On to visit J's Grandmother~
J and his Grandmother, Mary, chat it up!
I adore her :)

J's cousin married four years ago; the last time we traveled to Ohio.
His cousin had a wedding pic turned into a quilt for their Grandmother!
Can you pick us out?
We looked ultra hot that night! Ha!!
J's Dad and sweet stepmom are to the left of us.

Before departing that morning for Tennessee,
we had breakfast with Mary.
And then it was back on the road, again!


~The way home~

I don't have any idea what I said to J.
But, he is ready to bust out laughing!
Going over the Ohio River.

 
We were stopped in traffic and I looked over to see these cute guys!
I chatted, and they would whinny once in a while.
They each had cozy blankets on to keep them warm!
Always nice to meet new friends when you travel.

Can you see the beginning of the Tennessee Mountains?
As we got closer to home, the more majestic they became!

And the more excited I became to see all the *kids*!

Thanks for coming along
my
" Holiday Pictorial"

xo,
  misha

Thanks once again to
 Di, The Blue Ridge Gal!
She took down all my Christmas decor,
and made the blog look all
warm, cozy, and wonderful
for Winter!
Just the way I felt during my trip
Home!


24 comments:

Lucy (aka RHarper) said...

What a wonderful family. And I think you and J's relationship is great. Loved the trip. I just wish I'd been there! :))

Donna said...

Misha,
Looks like you all had a wonderful time with your families! Everyone looks so happy and the furbabies ... so cute! You and your mom look like sisters.
I was brought to tears with the pics of J visiting his mother's gravesite ... so precious.
I know your babies were glad for you to be home :)
Hugs,
Donna

Golden To Silver Val said...

What a beautiful family! These pictures are absolutely priceless. Its nice to visit, but its also really nice to get back "home", isn't it? I've been reading you for a while now but I may have missed it...did you ever tell the stories of how you acquired your family of beautiful horses....I know Annie's history but not the others. Some day when you have the time...would you tell us their stories? May this year be the best yet for all. God Bless.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Oh Misha what wonderful pictures and memories for you! I have to admit that I cried when I saw the pictures of you and your Mom together. You are so VERY fortunate to have such a loving relationship with your Mom....you can see it in your eyes and hers too. I feel for J...it would be hard to loose his Mom at any age but as a teen it would be even worse. It was great to see pictures of both of your families and the happy smiles on your faces. I bet it was hard to leave but you had some very special 'family' members waiting for you to come home too. Happy New Year to you and J and the gang....love your new header too by the way! Hugs to you my friend.
Maura :)

Amy said...

Looks like you had the perfect holidays with your beloved family- that is exactly how it should be! I adore the photo of you and your mom on the couch and the photo of your Nanna and princess Bambi was too cute! Thanks for sharing your family with us, it's easy to see how much you love them and how proud you are of them!

Karen said...

A good dose of quality family time and a little reminiscing can really lift the spirits. Glad you had a good trip -

Feral Female said...

What a great looking family you have! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. =)

ain't for city gals said...

Looks just like a perfect Christmas!...nothing better than being able to shareit with the ones you love...Happy New year to you and J...all the best!

Jeanette said...

Looks like a wonderful trip and holiday with family! Thanks for sharing. I bet your kids missed you and much as you missed them!

Laura said...

It looks like you had a wonderful holiday! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)
It's always good to get home, isn't it?

Deb said...

Looks like a great trip filled with family and lots of good memories. I love to go on trips and I love to get back home. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Andrea said...

Love your pictures...beautiful memories! Hope you are having an awesome New Year!
Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a wonderful trip, and such meaningful pictures !
It all looks so perfect, everyone having fun and enjoying each others company.
I'm glad you are just a drive away from those you love, I so wish I could do that.
Wishing you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year, and looking forward to visiting with you often .
Hugs,
Jo
x

Sandra said...

I do love the way J's arms embrace the entire family, right to left. You're a beautiful man, J. And, Misha, you're a beautiful woman; both of you in all the ways that count!

Snappy Di said...

Such special family photos you have shared with us, Misha. Especially endearing are the one of you, Nana and Jay, and also the one of you and your mom.

Just lovely.

Di

Julie Harward said...

It is all so wonderful, thanks for sharing it. I don't know why but I got tears in my eyes at J's mom's grave site. God bless you both this year! :D

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh, I just loved going home with you and meeting all your family, seeing J's old home place, you and I are from the same good "salt of the earth" area of the country, aren't we? I am so glad you got to go home and visit family and see the grandparents.

The picture of J at his mother's gravesite were heartbreaking. I could almost cry. I feel the same way when my husband goes to his dad's gravesite. We keep a whisk broom in the Suburban to clean his stone off each time we go. Somehow the work of doing a little cleanup makes it easier to "talk"....
XOXO
Joni

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

PS: I am going to mail your therapeutic rice bag tomorrow! Watch for it! ;-)

Country Dreaming said...

It is great that you still have all the family to visit. Looks like fun for all.

Melinda

Donna said...

Thank you for the wonderful photo visit with your northen families! Your mom sure does look young! And your grandmas are both precious.

Flat Creek Farm said...

I enjoyed every bit of it! Thanks for taking us along! You and J both have a wonderful family. And I love your new header!! Here's to a wonderful 2011! -Tammy

Julie said...

I miss my grandparents so much!! The holidays bring back so many memories of them. I was very close to my maternal grandma, Rose. I miss our talks and her advice.

Rural Revival said...

I couldn't comment on this when I read it because I was too upset over the post above.

But I'm back and I'm here to say you have the most adorable, sweetest family I have ever seen and I'm going to Ohio for Christmas this year. : )

Lylas!
~Andrea~

Ann On and On... said...

Great photos. It's so fun to see the special people in your life.