23 December 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods.....

~At the barn~


Bitter cold here.
But, no snow...

Look  at this gorgeous mare and her beautiful filly!
(I know. I am prejudiced!)

Oh, how I love them both...
Each day
Little Miss Annie
looks more and more like her Mama.
Annie is not quite half
Miss D's size.
Yet.
But she is growing fast!
Too fast.....

Today I had a little chat with Annie and Miss D.

I had already chatted with
Cadence, Allure, and Allegra.
To let them know that J and I
would be gone for a few days.
And "Good Friend Jane"
will be in charge!
They love Jane.
And she loves them!

All of the *kids* seemed very excited to have
Jane be in full charge of all the barn doings.
And she and her hubby will be house-sitting for us!
So the pups and kitties are excited, too.

Except Little Miss Annie.
When I told her we would be gone for a few days,
I swear I saw her tear up.
And her bottom lip quivered.

Oh, wait.
It was me who teared up.
It was my bottom lip that quivered.......

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~




This is Jam's stocking;
it hangs on the tack room door.
We are still waiting for that
$5.00 to be *found*!
Jam said she doesn't think Santa will
hold it against her that she
cannot remember where she put it.
I told Jam she better remember.
Her paws are gonna be awful dirty
from playing with a
lump of coal!



We were sharing a snack of cheese and crackers.
Jam is crazy about cheese.
But too lazy to get up and eat it.

Look at her!
That little pink tongue ready to scoop up
cheddar goodness.
And all lazy and laying down
because the dryer was all warm and cozy!
What a silly cat is she :)

With her normal
sour-puss
attitude, she sat under the little
Noel sign in the window.
"Oh, you look so sweet, Jam!"
"Yeah, whatever...."
And turned her fluffy backside to me.
Good Golly, Miss Molly!
That feline has such
Catitude!


J made sure
no one in the barn would go hungry!
I do think I saw him tear up just a little,
and his bottom lip quiver~
when we hugged everyone
Good bye
this evening.
Oh, wait. That was me. Again...



Ah, yes.
This is for everyone who always comments
about how clean the barn is.
This is what it really looks like.
During the day.
When J and Jam and I are working!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~At our cottage farmhouse~


The sleigh is almost packed.
With warm woollies for
Northern Ohio weather.
And gifts for exchanging, as we
Remember the
Reason for the Season!

And in the morning, before we depart,
Good friend Jane will be here.
So I can pass my "stall mucking pitch fork"
into her hand!
With a pot of hot coffee to keep her "insides" warm
 and warm woollies on to keep her "outside" warm,
we will begin our way towards
*Home*



~Our holiday~

So very excited we are!
To see so many in our family who mean so much
to us!
And know we have so many that mean so much to us
to return
*Home*
to.....
But, in the morning, as we pull out our long
driveway~
I know, tears may drop.
And lips may quiver.
And it will be me...
Because it is just the way I am.


Ah, but I have this to keep in my Heart.


I will be here on
Christmas Eve,
to wish each of you a
wonderful holiday!
See you then....

xo,
  misha


16 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Merry Christmas Misha! Have a wonderful visit with your family. But I know how you feel, when we go, I just want to take all mine with too. Your Jam is a twin to my Sage..same attitude and all! ;D

Deb said...

Let me be the first to say...have a great trip "home" and we'll talk to you when you get back.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Merry Christmas Misha and J....have a WONDERFUL time with your families! Don't worry...the 'kids' will be fine and in good hands so just relax and ENJOY! 'See' you soon!
Maura :)

Rural Revival said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful, wonderful time visiting with all of your loved ones.

Only two hours from the border huh? I'm about three, but I would drive the extra hour to meet you 'half way'. Who knows, maybe on a sunny day? : )

Hugs and kisses and lots of love to all of you in the mountains from all of us here at the old Ontario farmhouse.

~Andrea~

Donna said...

Misha,
Have a safe and wonderful trip. I hate to leave my "babies" when I go away for a few days too! They will be well taken care of and be so glad to see you when you return. Have a Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Donna

Country Dreaming said...

Merry Christmas to you, J and "the
kids." Hope it is everthing you wish for.
It has been another great year of horse stories, can't wait to see what 2011 holds.
Enjoy your trip.

Melinda

Sandra said...

God Speed, Misha and J, on your travels. I know what you mean about missing home; I'm homesick as soon as we turn out of the driveway!
Merry Christmas with lots of love and prayers,
Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm

Ann On and On... said...

The photos of Annie and Mom are so beautiful. They do look alike. (My lip quivering :D)

Safe travels my friend..and Merry Christmas.

Jeanette said...

Jam is such a little stinker! That picture of her laying on the dryer with her tongue sticking out is too funny. Have a safe and wonderful trip to Ohio. Little Annie is going to miss you so much..oh wait..that's you and J missing her so much!!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh, have a safe and fun trip, praying you have good weather and easy passage as your loaded up "sleigh" heads through the hills and valleys toward home. With me, it gets harder to leave the older I get! But it's worth it to see family...
XOXO
Joni

Snappy Di said...

Merry Christmas! AND, it's COLD here too, but snow on the way Friday night, or so they say.

My my... she really does have catitude, doesn't she? LOL

Di

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

I'm with you...I ♥ Charles Wysocki art...it's so all-American & homey!!
♥'s
Sherry

Donna said...

The kids will be fine! Have a good trip and Merry Christmas!!! (Love Wysocki. Folk art at its finest!)

Laura said...

Your photos are amazing, I feel like I just had a little visit to the farm, hope you had an amazing time with family.
Looking forward to seeing what you are up to in your world next year.

Saloma Furlong said...

Very beautiful picture stories... it almost makes me miss farm life... but only to visit.

Annie and her mother are both beautiful. Did they pose for that picture? How beautiful!

Safe journey home!

Saloma

FinsFan said...

Misha, You're so right...a gazillion blogs out there~a few like yours have HEART, SOUL, FAITH, FAMILY AND FRIENDS!! My favs : ) Loved all the pictures! Especially touching...everyone with "Nana" and Aunt Louise too with Bambi - super cute. Blessings to you & yours from our home to yours! PS-Corinthians is always touching to read