26 November 2010

In the Spirit of Giving Thanks...


And so,
 another Thanksgiving is upon is!


I would like to think that all year long I stop
to ponder what I am grateful for.
That I pause long enough in a hectic day,
to give thanks.
That I remember just how fortunate
I am.
But, often life gets in the way.
Or, I let it.
And sometimes I even forget to listen....

So in the
Spirit of Giving Thanks
I thought I would write my
*Gratitude List*

Of all things~
important,
serious, and not so serious!

Sometimes it is alright to be
Thankful for silly or mundane things in our lives.

After all, those are the
Little Slices of Life
that make our world go 'round!

A gratitude list, in no particular order, that sums up
a few things in my life,
past, present, or future~
I never wish to take for granted!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I am in love.
What a powerful thing to have in our lives!


J with Annie on December 6, 2009.
Looking at her with such love....
~My guy, J. The love of my life...


My wonderful parents! I love them so very much!
~My parents

~My Nana (she just celebrated her 89th birthday!)


My Aunt Debbie (my mom's sister) and my Uncle John on the far right.

~My Aunt Debbie ,who is more like an older sister,
and Uncle John!
~My Aunt Lou
no pic :(


J, me, Maria (J's awesome step mom!) J's Grandmother, and his Dad!
They came to visit us in the mountains from Dallas, Texas in 2008.
~My wonderful in laws! (I am a lucky gal on this one!)
~Mary. J's Grandmother

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~My basic needs are met
~I have a roof over my head

~J keeps us warm each Fall and Winter
by keeping the wood pile stocked!
~Nourishment to sustain my body
seems like such a small thing, but so many go without
~A belief in a power Greater than myself;
a relationship with God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Our boy, Zeke.

Our Sadie-Louise

Our Baby Girl


~The most wonderful three pups-ever!
I never, ever mind sharing bed space with them :)
(even if I do have to change the sheets each morning!)
We love them, they love us,
and their bond together is awesome!


~All my special kitties who are A#1 in the art
of purring, playfulness,breaking stuff (!)
 and being great cuddle bunnies!


Brutus and Bo


Miss D when she first came back to us. And had Annie in her belly!

~Five Equine kids that I am privileged to be a part
of their amazing lives.

~Being committed from "Cradle to Grave" for each and every one.




My friend Andrea's son and his lesson mare, Frosty :)
Is this love or what!

Being a witness to children learning how to care for,
respect
and truly love animals!


The doe with her twins! She is still coming around to visit us!

Elvira in the barn eating cat food!

~Being able to watch Wildlife right out my front door

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Living with such beauty in this gorgeous state
in the
United States of America!



Our old farmhouse cottage, even with all of it's quirks!
And there are many!



Our fave book store in Tellico Plains!


I am so grateful for my love of reading books.
Thanks, Mom!
(such a dying art today)

Beck's General Store

Shopping local.
I am grateful for the "trickle down" effect
and how it supports our community!


I love where we live.




Need I say more?






My new suede boots!
Black. Of course.
Yep, it is OK to be grateful for a new pair of boots.
God gave me two feet and
I gotta keep 'em warm (and stylish!)


 Wind chimes.
They just add to Nature's music, don't they?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




We are spending Christmas with family this year.
I am so grateful that this year we will spend
the holidays with both sides of our Family!


I spent my *growing up years* sledding at Ft. Meigs on the Maumee River!
I have such great memories of growing up
in my hometown!
Gratitude for growing up
a
Small town Girl!




Tony Packo's Hungarian Restaurant !
I miss their wonderful food...
I am grateful that my mom mails
the fab pickles from Ohio to me!
I have been visiting this place since I was a wee thing!
A part of wonderful childhood memories :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





I am grateful for the many wonderful friends
I have met over the last two years.
You invite me into your homes,
you share your families,
and together, around the world,
we connect.
And we always find out we more alike than not.



I wish each and every one of you
a wonderful
Day of Giving Thanks.

xo,
  misha



p.s. Here is a little "you tube"
video taken of my hometown!
The first minute is pretty boring,
but the little "town' tour is cute.
Even the community pool I swam at
as a kid is featured :)
Here is a link to a post I did on the beautiful historic homes







18 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Misha, Just stopped by to see how you are doing. Looks like life is good for you and your family.... Hope you ALL have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Betsy

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for the tour of your home town and of your grateful heart. You hold a dear spot in my heart, my friend and I hope you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving day! :D

allhorsestuff said...

Oh happiness abounding...Thanksgiving and going home for CHRISTMAS!!!
Loved this post and all the glorious bounty within. God is good, gracious and oh so generous. You truly have been heartily blessed Misha. My heart smiles with you.

Love to you,
Kacy

Karen said...

Lovely post, Misha.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours~

Jeanette said...

What a wonderful post, Misha. I am always glad when I see you on my Google Reader because I know how much I will enjoy reading what you wrote and looking at your pictures! I am truly thankful that I found you this year! Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

Donna said...

You have much to be thankful for! Best wises on this wonderful holiday!

RH (aka Lucy) said...

You do the greatest posts! A little bit of everything and it's all so interesting. I love that cat image. Mind if I borrow it? I know just the place on my sidebar. :)

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

I love all your animals! And the pictures ! I'd like to live there too. Happy Thanksgiving. Don’t miss the give-a-ways, linky party and Bavarian Christmas starting 26 Nov! http://dobermans-by-the-sea.blogspot.com/

Flat Creek Farm said...

What a wonderful list! I'm so glad you & J are going home for Christmas. Hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving! -Tammy

Miss Kitty said...

What a wonderful wonderful post! Great blog as well. :)

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Misha, this is a lovely list, so thoughtfully done, and I have to tell you that I love your blog makeover! It looks great.

Have I ever told you that my sister lives with Fibromyalgia? Do I do know what you mean when it gets you down.

I am so happy that you get to come home for Christmas, and I am sure your parents are just as thrilled as can be to know that you're coming, too! With a daughter far away, I always get so happy anytime she comes back home!

Have a wonderful weekend, my bloggy friend!
XOXO
Joni

Country Dreaming said...

Wonderful post.
There IS so much to be thankful for isn't there.?
Sometimes we just have to take a step back,look and listen.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Melinda

Catherine said...

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!Ilove the place where you live. Catherine

Sandra said...

Hey woman...great list and wonderful photos. I figure if we're able to get on a computer, have a blog and play... then we're in the top percentile in the world. Yeah, we have problems but our needs are met...Bless His name... and wants we can live without.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful post! Lovely photos!
Enjoyed the video of your hometown.

Rural Revival said...

Yes you do have much to be thankful for and this post is a lovely reminder for all of us to remember the little things that make our lives special. Books, blogging friends and family, just to name a few!

Lylas! ~Andrea~

PS. That community pool looks similar to the one I swam in as a kid and that bookstore is calling me, I can here it all the way up here! : )

Can't wait to show you know who this post. ; )

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hi Misha...what a beautiful post. I love your boots :) and I'm grateful for blogging friends like you. I hope you have a wonderful week. :)

Rural Revival said...

The male twin thinks this post is pretty 'neat'! : )

And I love your Christmas decorating!

Hugs ~Andrea~