29 November 2010

Better than a Five Dollar Bill!


It was 22 degrees this morning.
Our coldest morning so far this
almost-Winter-season!




Can you see jam?
When J and I got to the barn this morning,
everyone was all snuggled in their straw beds!




Including Jam.
The $5.00 bill thief.

I wonder~
Does she dream of doing the
*right thing*
and returning the birthday money
to
Little Miss Annie
Or
does she giggle to her furry self
and think,
"I am one rich little Barn Kitty!"

Read about the latest antics of Jam the Barn Cat!




Such a gorgeous day it was!
Annie grazed, romped, ran, and bucked
over
and over
all day long.




She trotted around and around the pasture.

And played in her water trough
that had just been cleaned and filled.

With very cold water from the well!
Then she shook her head
over and over.
I think she had
~Brain Freeze~




Get out of here Mr Crow!



Annie also has a new game.
She loves to chase the Crows!
In her
still-a-baby-voice
whinny,
she chats to them
and
she flies all over the pasture
after the crows.
When the crows give flight,
she takes a
Victorious
trot around the field!

And thinks to herself~
{This is better than a five dollar bill!}



This is what our evening looked like.






Sweeping off the concrete walk in
front of barn,
I marveled at the
end~of~day
Sky.

And I thought to myself,
This is better than a five dollar bill...




Have you seen this?
If not, then Enjoy!!
If so, then enjoy it all over again :)
And remember to view it full screen.
It is so worth it!

Have a wonderful week!
I will be back in a few days
with pics of a barn decorated for Christmas
and a wish list
from each horse!

*What do you think Annie will ask for
on her Christmas list?

xo,
  misha

p.s. The Jolly Ball ordered for Annie's b-day
is on back-order :(


p.p.s.  Hope you all had a splendid holiday!

19 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Looking forward to seeing your barn decorated!

Oz Girl said...

Misha, thanks for popping by my blog, so nice to hear from "old" friends. :-)

Your pics are every bit as gorgeous as mine - isn't it just too much fun to watch our horses' antics out in the pasture? I managed to catch our 3 in the act yesterday as I walked past a door - they are so fun to watch. I can only imagine the hours of entertainment that Miss Annie has given you guys.

I'm working 2 jobs now, yes, TWO. *sigh* Got a full-time job at the hospital where I temp'd twice in the past year, and decided to keep the toll collector job for weekends only. At least for awhile. We'll see how it goes! By next summer I will re-evaluate and maybe give up one or the other. Probably the toll collector job. :-(

Oz Girl said...

Forgot to say... I hope y'all had a wonderful holiday weekend! :)

Jeanette said...

Great post! Sounds like Annie had a romping good time!! Can't wait to see your barn decorated for Christmas. I loved watching that video again! I only wish I could have been there in person!

Feral Female said...

Such lovely images!

Maybe Annie will want more crows to play with???

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It's such a treat to browse through you blog. You have a wonderful life there is Tennessee...grin.

Karen said...

Love the video... would love to see this kind of thing in person!!!!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Gosh, Misha, what a nice visit with you today...and I loved the frosting on the cake: the video gave me the chills!

Merry Christmas!
XOXO
Joni

Flat Creek Farm said...

Hi Misha! What a wonderful, smile-inducing post (as always)! :) I love the Hallelujah Chorus at Arby's... I rejoiced!! Had not seen that before. I may be forced to share this on facebook ;) Thanks so much, and hope you and J had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love all of your pictures too! -Tammy

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for sharing your day...I loved it and I just love you and all your sweet animals..even that little five dollar thief! ;D

Ann On and On... said...

Silly kitty.....

Annie is so much fun. What a daily treat for you and J.

I loved that video. Rejoicing at it's best.

Have a wonderful day my friend.

Country Dreaming said...

Jam is a funny cat. Annie just cracks me up--chasing crows and telling them how it is.
Looking forward to seeing the barn.

Glad your hokiday was great.

Melinda

Deb said...

Hi Misha! I really enjoyed the video, it brought tears to my eyes. I'm way to emotional. Hope you are feeling well and have a good week.

Growing Up A Country Girl said...

What a beautiful cool day - wonderful sun down.... Enjoyed the Arby's singing video - very cool! I love to watch the horses feel their oats so to speak...

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hi Misha! I'm sorry I'm so far behind in reading my favorite blogs and commenting but I WILL catch up soon. Brrr it's cold over there in Tennessee but I think we're going to get a bit of snow overnight here in Kansas. I LOVE your post and your photo's are just beautiful. Annie is growing way too fast! Looking forward to seeing the barn all decorated up..have fun!
Maura :)

THE OLD GEEZER said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Phyllis said...

I wish I could watch Annie chase the crows. I had a goofy dog that did that and it was so funny to watch!

Facing50Blog.com said...

What a wonderful blog. I stumbled across it and loved your photos. I wish I had a front porch like yours. I am your latest follower.
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

allhorsestuff said...

What a fabulous place, your place here, I always know I'm gonna get A horse fix, a view worth sighing contentment over, a look at God's blessings upon a beloved child....but...that video was amazing...thanks for adding that into your post!
It made me cry.

I think Annie may be getting driving lines?
Love your heart~
Always love hearing from you too!
XO
KAC