08 November 2010

~Autumn into Winter~

I have just been giddy these past few weeks!
This is my fave time of year.

~Autumn into Winter~


I cannot wait for snow!

So far we have had a few cold days,
with even chillier nights.
But, mostly the temperature huddles
around 60 degrees in the afternoon.
And the wood stove keeps us warm at night
when the thermostat on the front porch
hovers at 35 degrees!

I love these foggy mornings!
I usually get the "kids" fed
and then stand outside the barn
watching the fog
twist and turn,
until suddenly it is gone~



The hay shed.
Today it was filled with
200 bales of fresh straw
for comfy bedding!



The pastures.
And the peaks of the mountains
above the fog.








I think the Magnolia Tree
is lonely.
It misses the Cedar Tree!
-Just click to read about it-


The Magnolia and Cedar Trees in happier days!
December 5, 2009







The fog  finally fades away.
And I do believe
Princess Allegra is relieved.
While eating her breakfast and morning hay,
she wrinkled her face
wondering~

"What shall I do if the fog
 has taken the grass away?"

Should I tell her she has whiskers on her chin?

She was mighty worried when she couldn't
see her pasture full of luscious
grass.
Luscious grass fit for a Princess!


But Annie?
Annie knows being out side is
so much more than just grazing...
It means being your own
 race track,
and running circles and circles
around the pasture!

It means being able to gallop,
across two acres and
kick up your heals in happy glee!


"Do I look guilty? 'Cause I am!"

And Annie knows if you don't feel like
running and kicking up your heels,
you can
always chew on the fence!

It is fun, yummy, and besides~

J always replaces the
"Annie chewed a fence board to bits"
with a new board :)

Ah...the life of a toddler filly!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wishing each and every one of you
a wonderful Autumn week!
And remember to kick up your heals a bit.

Just like Little Miss Annie!

xo,
 misha


17 comments:

Jackie said...

Misha, your photos are breathtaking. I loved looking at all of them.

Have a great evening.
Jackie

Rural Revival said...

Misha, My what beautiful photos, of such a gorgeous place. You are so very lucky to live where you do. I could sit and stare out at that view all day long. How about a live webcam for me while I go about my work each day? : )

I will try to kick up my heels as much as I can this week, although I'm afraid a racetrack, I am not!

Hugs to all from one farmhouse to the other! ~Andrea~

Lana said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hello Misha!
Oh my what beautiful photo's! I love seeing the fog with the mountain's in the background...I do miss my mountains at times. Especially this time of year when we used to see the snow slowly creeping lower and lower down the mountains slopes until one day it blankets the valley. Sigh. Enjoy your beautiful color while you can. The girls look like they're ready to get out and have fun ...and of course eat. You have a wonderful week too Misha...Maura :)

Jeanette said...

Your photos are so beautiful. I remember traveling through Tennessee in the early morning a long time ago and being awed by the fog rolling down the mountains! Unbelievably beautiful!! I feel bad that I somehow missed Annies birthday! Loved her fancy "do" Too cute!!

Julie Harward said...

Misha, these photo's are stunning! Sometimes when a person lives in a place..even a place of great beauty, they start to not see it. But you do see it..thanks so much for sharing your beauty..I loved every picture and also hearing about the horses. Now, if I could just look as pretty as Allegra with my chin whiskers! ;D

Cheryl said...

Lovely photos I could not imagine waking up to that view every day,truly amazing!
I love how you know what your animals are thinking....

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Oh Misha, I am so envious of your place in the mountains. My dream is to live there some day in an old house with lots of history. I absolutely love it. We are in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area usually four times a year, and that is not enough for me. We spend every Thanksgiving up there also. It cannot get here soon enough for me! I love the fog, and a drizzling rain in the fall, and the smell of the fireplaces burning. Well, come to think of it, there is nothing up there that I don't like. Keep those photos coming girl, you are the next best thing if I can't be there in person. Are you near those two areas? Stop by and visit my blog some time. Teresa

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Peggy Arteberry said...

I am NOT a cold weather person, but I do love fall. I love the foggy morning, being warmed by a fire and even snow ~ as long as I can stay inside! Just beautiful pictures, thanks so much for sharing!

Donna said...

Isn't east Tennessee gorgeous?! Those are beautiful pictures around your homestead! And never, EVER tell a lady that she has whiskers on her chin! LOL.

Karen said...

Those fog photos are stunning!!... I love morning mist.

Sandra said...

What a wonderful visit this morning, thank you! Like you, I love the colder months and the special beauty they bring. Usually, I'm up well before dawn, this morning at 5 and love the quiet before God wakes up the valley. There's only the bird song to welcome the dogs when I let them outside. I love the early mornings!

Donna said...

Misha,
Beautiful! I wish I had a home next to yours :) I would love to be neighbors and I could love all your critters too!
Hugs,
Donna

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. Wonderful!

Snappy Di said...

Misha, the beauty of your land simply takes my breath away!

Di

Jeni said...

What beautiful pictures and Annie is just snuggly adorable.

Enjoy your time off.

~Jeni