18 October 2010

To be needed...


Misha and Annie. November 2009.


October 16, 2010

Dear Misha,
I would like to thank you for sharing Annie and her family. The last year I have followed all of your blog posts. They make me happy. They make me smile. I have learned so much about horses because of your blog!

I have had a very tough year. I do not need to go into everthing. We all have our problems, don't we?  Please know how much I have looked forward to each and every post. I have read your posts over and over, and even have printed out a couple posts that I keep at my desk.

Your Little Miss Annie makes me grin! Who knew a little horse could invade my life and give me a new hobby. About three months ago I decided to volunteer at my local shelter, which is a "No Kill" shelter, after reading your post about things animal shelters need!

I have a new reason to wake up in the morning. I can't wait to get there each day and help care for all these wonderful animals waiting for their Forever home. I know they need me. And isn't that what we all really want in life? To be needed.
I talk about your gang so often the, the other ladies at the shelter will ask me about Annie! We are going to even have a lttle party at the shelter next week for Annie's birthday! Of course any excuse to bring in yummy food works for us! LOL!
Thank you, Misha. Thanks for sharing your life with all the gang. The horses and your dogs and cats. Thank you for leading me to a new life with all my new friends, two-legged and four-legged, at the shelter! Thank you for sharing your deep love of animals. Not many people would kiss an Inguana :)
God's Blessings to you and J, and your whole family,
Karol K.
 
p.s. I also adopted three cats from the shelter. They are sweet, older cats and we are having a ball!
 
 
 
Dear Karol,
 
What a beautiful email to open today! I so appreciate you taking the time to share your story! I really, really do.
It gives me great joy to know that you are sharing your love and time at a shelter. Thank you for doing so much for animals waiting for their *Forever Home*.
 
It really takes special people, like you Karol, who make a difference in our world! It sounds like you found a *Forever Home*!
I am sure Annie will be quite pleased when I tell her about the party in her Honor! That is so very sweet! Since she still cannot have carrots, maybe set out a bowl of her fave treats.
Sugar cubes!
Thanks for adopting 3 special kitties who needed a loving home, too! How lucky they are!
And, yes. Be it two-legged or four-legged. We all need to be needed!
Blessings to you and your gang, Karol. And keep up the wonderful things you do for all the shelter kids! My heart beats a little faster just thinking about all the awesome work you and the other volunteers provide!
 
xo,
 misha and Annie, too!
 
p.s. you made me cry. but, in a good way.
 
p.p.s. i decided to put the link to the shelter post on the nav bar! maybe you will be inspired like Karol.
 
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

Donna said...

Wonderful post! You know I adore Annie thru your posts as well :) Every time I think of her (and it is often) it brings a smile to my face! I remember being on Annie "watch" awaiting her arrival.
I so want to come meet Annie one day! Is that begging? :)
Hugs,
Donna

Jeanette said...

What a wonderful letter to receive. She said what a lot of us feel. Your posts are so upbeat and sweet! I always look forward to them!

Prairiemaid said...

Awww....made me cry, too.

It is awesome to know, you have made such a difference in the life of an individual.

May you be blessed many times over.

Hugs!
Hug Annie, too!

Flat Creek Farm said...

What a difference you have made, Misha. This really made me get teary-eyed too.. in a good way ;) Bless you, Karol, and Misha, and all who look out for these wonderful animals while they await that forever home!! Hugs, Tammy

Heart2Heart said...

Misha,

I love this random act of kindness to help our lovely pet friends with love and kindness until they find permanent homes. I applaud the efforts of no kill shelters because they are true doing their cause to help find our pets homes. We all need to consider what we can do even if we can't volunteer ourselves, perhaps a donation of pet food, blankets or towels to help would be a way to help.

Love the picture of you and Annie. I can see why that would inspire Karen. I love it and it makes me smile just seeing it. Another Aahh! moment from you.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Rachel said...

Awesome! This is what it's all about... God makes us stewards of these great gifts, our animals, and what a gift to live that message while encouraging others to live it too!

Ann On and On... said...

Words and photos can do wonders. It's a powerful resource and we don't always realize the strength. What a touching letter. Thanks for sharing it.

RH (aka Lucy) said...

What a sweet post! And what a wonderful email to wake up to.

Karen said...

That's just awesome. See... simple words, a simple act of kindness.. you never know the ripples of good you sent out into the world...

Donna said...

How nice of her to send you a note to let you know the inspiration your blog have provided!

Jeni said...

Hi Misha thanks for joining my blog!

I too enjoy your beautiful world and Annie is adorable.

~Jeni

Carol............. said...

This is my first visit here and I enjoyed your posts much.........
will return soon.

What a wonderful letter to receive!

Cheryl said...

Wow that was great!
It is funny how we can feel so connected to people we may never actually meet!
Wonderful blog!

Snappy Di said...

You do have a special way of inspiring people, Misha. Love the letter and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us!

Di

Julie Harward said...

What an awesome thing to be involved with and that email is priceless! How sweet of her to send that to you. I loved the post below too about the festival, I love thing s like that too! :D

Sandra said...

There are days God sends a note, using someone He dearly loves, to encourage another someone He dearly loves.
Bless His name forever!

from my front porch... said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments you have left!
And Sandra-How True!
xo, misha

Rural Revival said...

Oh Misha, this is just the sweetest thing ever. Thanks for sharing it with us. We can make a difference and your blog makes a difference for all of us, every day!

xo Andrea