13 October 2010

Autumn Gold!

On Saturday after our day at the barn was finished,
 we ventured to Coker Creek
to attend our favorite festival~

The Autumn Gold Festival!

Held in Coker Creek, Tn. about 25 minutes
from our home.

(check out Coker Creek, Tn)



Decked out in his straw hat, this man directed the traffic
from the covered bridge to the parking area.
A long, long way from the covered bridge.


We parked in the Back 40 and as we walked
toward the festival, this is what I saw!

The stage where just about anything
*small-town*
happens!
Gospel, banjo pickin', and the crowning of the
Miss Autumn Gold 2010!



Artists from all over come to the
Autumn Gold each year.
So do the visitors.
This is our Tourist Season!
Festivals and the glorious colors of the leaves.

Jewlery galore!




Funky yard art :)


Oodles of candles.
Be still my heart.

Loved this!

Aprons, aprons, aprons!


Food is the main reason that J loves festivals!

And this year everyone brought their pup!
Except us.
Next year, I think Zeke might enjoy the outing!

Free ice cream for four-legged creatures!


This is Abbie.
She is with the Tellico Plains Police Department.
(The dog, not the girl!)
Abbie helps rescue people who become lost
in the mountains!
(And this happens more than you would think!)
Bravo, Abbie!
This is Kissy.
The pic is blurred because she had just gone swimming
in the creek to cool off.
And she kept shaking off the water!
She kind of reminds me of Paris Hilton~
if she were a dog!
All frou-frou and in her best pink outfit!




This is Lizzy.
She is not a dog.
She is a 30 year old Iguana!
I was the last person to hold her.
And get a kiss.
(It was cold and rubbery)

It was naptime for Lizzy!
She was quite tired from signing autographs all day.
Yes, Lizzy has a Facebook page.....

Doesn't she have the sweetest face?


Oh, my.
J was in heaven.

Mmm.
It is not just the Funnel Cake that
brings J to the festival.

And then J found what he wants for Christmas!



The proud new owner!
He wishes....

And then because he didn't get the tractor,
I offered up
Funnel Cake!!!
Finally he made it to the front of the line!
That's him. The tall guy with the hat on.


And all was right with the World!


Making corn meal and playing music!
The two just go together.



This is what I want for Christmas.

Absolute Vintage Love!



I made another new friend!
Besides Abbie, Kissy, and Lizzy.
Her name is April.
She is a human!
She and her husband are the duo behind
Starr Mountain Primitives.
I fell in love with so many things!


The black shutters?
I will trade my fire engine for these.
I'm easy!

April has a blog that is about to debut!
Welcome to Blogland :)
We are happy to have to you!
You can find April here on


I love the Autumn Gold Festival!
When J and I moved to Tennessee
six years ago this month (!),
this festival was the first
outing on our first weekend here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The leaves are finally showing a little color.
I promise to capture to some beautiful scenes
this weekend!
In between lessons with Annie!
Who, by the way, is very excited about
her upcoming birthday!!
(she tells me so every day!)



And in leaving you today, I thought I would show you
the drive into our little town of







I so agree.

Wonderful day to you all!

xo,
 misha

21 comments:

Karen said...

Great post, Misha... LOVE THOSE SHUTTERS!!!.. and a festival like this. I think you should buy J that tractor for Christmas. Atleast they are useful around the farm :-)

Laurie at Turner Farm said...

I'm with J, I too would want to take that home! What a great festival. Love those aprons!

Jeanette said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Plus you got to kiss an iguana on top of everything else!! I love the mountains mist picture!

Sandra said...

What a great time, wish I'd been with y'all. I enjoyed the aprons and would have bought one, the tractors were really nice...Daddy has a tractor that was built in 1952 or 3, can't remember.
Great photography, loved the view across the mountains.

Deb said...

You really are a true animal lover if you think the Iguana has a sweet face, lol! I'm loving the hound dog.

I think you should go ahead and let J have the tractor, it's really cute. I enjoyed your photos and it looks like lots of fun. I love shopping outside, it's the best. I'll be looking forward to the fall foliage pics.

Rural Revival said...

Let's buy the fire truck together! : )

So glad to know J knows what's good for him, funnel cakes!!! They're good for your feet and they make you grow. : )

Kathy in KY said...

hi misha - great post of the festival. i like j's tractor, i think my ex-father-in-law had one similar. i also like the aprons, and would've bought one for sure. i'm also trying to get some good foliage photos to post on my blog. there seems to be a difference in how fast the leaves are turning colors on the top of the ridge, and then down in the valley where i'm living. i'll just have to take photos at both places, and along the way. so good to see you, and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments. i miss seeing all of the blog-posts daily, but it's hard to keep up sometimes when i'm not online as much. take care, and have j eat a funnel cake for me. xxoo - from Casey Co KY.

Snappy Di said...

The fog over the mountains just says 'home' to me. Love all the wreaths in the one booth. I could use me a new fall wreath and may just have to go buy one this week-end.

Great post!
Di

Starr Mountain Primitives said...

Thank you for posting the pictures of my booth Misha, It was nice to meet you and I have enjoyed all of your beautiful photography on your blog. I too am an animal lover so I can relate to your posts.. and those beautiful horses!
Take Care and God Bless!
April Givens
www.starrmountainprimitives.com

Jeni said...

Hi Misha ~ I think Jim and I have stumbled upon that same festival once on one of our trips down to Cades.

Great photo essay you captured the essence of it all!

and ohhh your Annie is growing up fast =)

Donna said...

Aren't those small town fairs fun?! Looks like a lovely time for young and old! The colors are turning here and should peak in about 2 weeks. Enjoy these wonderful fall days!

Red Gate Farm said...

Looks like you had a great time. And all of the fall backgrounds, love it.
Chris

PS glad WE weren't there, we have enought tractors already! :)

Country Dreaming said...

We love fall festivals and funnel cakes--oh am I in love!!!

Looks like you guys had a great day!

Melinda

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hi Misha! What a wonderful post...I love small town festivals. I would have LOVED looking at all the booths and crafts and of course the food. I'm with J...I LOVE Funnel Cakes! My hubby would have had a ball looking at all the old tractors too. You live in such a beautiful part of the country...I hope you're enjoying the colors of fall..I bet it's beautiful at your farm. Please give the horses especially Little Miss Annie a scritch for me and you have a wonderful Thursday!
Maura :)

Donna said...

Misha,
I felt like I was with you! Love all the pics. I wanted to buy an old firetruck at one time. I think the tractor would be a great Christmas present for J and you the firetruck! I adore the aprons!
Hugs,
Donna

Flat Creek Farm said...

Misha, I don't know where to begin. Loved this post all the way through! It makes me long *even more* to take a couple days off and head south, at least to Branson. You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place! -Tammy

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Misha, It's great to hear from you... Sounds like you all are doing fine these days. We are too... We went to the Smokies yesterday and took the Foothills Parkway to see the colors... Awesome!!!!!

I love the Coker Creek area.. There are some waterfalls in that area which we have visited... AND--we pass by the area on highway 68 when we are heading to NC.

Looks like a great festival.. Glad you all got there... This is the time of year for festivals!!!

Hope you all are doing well.
Hugs,
Betsy

Laraine Eddington said...

This was almost as fun as being there. I still feel sad that I never got my own little tractor when I was a girl. I wanted one just like my Daddy drove...shrunk down to my size.

Ann On and On... said...

Fall, festival and funnel cakes...now that's a way to get my attention. Thanks for sharing your fabulous day. I loved all the photos.

Aunt D said...

Okay, here's the deal....my J and your J need to get a tractor for sure. My J would love it. He says so everytime we see one, which is often. It has to be old, old too. Enjoyed your posts. You are making the world a better place, kiddo. much love, Aunt D

Prairiemaid said...

I love all the awesome pictures!!!

I want to move to Tennessee. LOL

Blessings,
Cheryl