14 May 2010

Running Away....

Just for a day.

You know how every once in a while
you just need a break?
 
Just a day to get away.
 
It has been so long since we took a little day trip.
 
Life gets busy.
And sometimes you just have to jump off for a day!



Titanic!

We are headed to Pigeon Forge, Tn.
About an hours drive.
To check out the new Titanic museum!

 

It is the World's Largest Titanic Museum

This giant 30,000-square-foot ship-shaped museum attraction exhibits one of the largest permanent collections of Titanic artifacts and memorabilia. Inside, guests enter a unique world where they can climb an exact replica of the most famous staircase - Titanic's hand-crafted Grand Staircase. Which is valued at over
one million dollars!



Guests will receive a boarding pass of an actual passenger/crew member. Experience first hand what Third Class and First Class accommodations were like on the ship. Grasp the wheel on the captain's bridge, tap out an SOS message on the ship's wireless system, and feel an iceberg. Plus there is an entire gallery devoted to the young visitors called - Tot-Titanic








I will be taking oodles of pictures!
I may even ask strangers to take pictures of me and J!

And on the way home, we will be stopping at
every vintage and antique shop along the route!
There are gazillions :)

We promised each other no horsey talk, no school talk.
I can comply with the no horsey talk
until about 2p.m.
About that time, I will be wondering if Annie misses me :(
I guess I could bring her a
"Heart of the Ocean"
t-shirt!

Everyone have a fabulous Saturday.
I know I will!

xo,

p.s. Annie and the rest of the horse crew are in safe hands.
Zeke is watching over Sadie-Louise, Baby Girl,
and the herd of cats.
Oh, my!


*pictures courtesy of Bing

18 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I would love to go there and see this! I look forward to your pictures...have a super-duper fun day! :D

Lucy said...

That's the neatest thing. They had a big display here in downtown Phoenix a few years ago. It was set up for you to become one of the passengers and find out at the end whether you lived or died. I didn't live. Very cool to visit. I saw it again later on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA but it wasn't as big as the first time.

Donna said...

Have a great time! We've heard about it and saw a special on TV about the exhibits. Funny thing, the small security company that did our cottage's security system and integrated wiring ended up landing the security contract for the museum! We want to go see it, but it will have to be in the fall sometime, when everything is settled down for us (and not when school kids are out).

The White Farmhouse said...

Have a great time! You two definitely deserve a little break even if only for a day. The museum sounds fantastic. I can't wait to see all your pictures!

Laura said...

That sounds really neat. My husband has always been really interested in the Titanic, so we have been to two exhibits. Let's see...TN is only a day's drive from us...
Enjoy yourselves! Can't wait to see pictures!

Deb said...

That sounds like a really fun day trip. It will be nice to get away. I'll be interested to see you photos and also find out which ticket you end with. Fun!

Jeanette said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! We went to a Titanic exhibit in my town a few years ago. It was pretty awesome yet sad, too!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Yes--it is good to get away from the normal routine every once in awhile. I'm sure you'll love seeing the Titanic museum.. Can't wait to see all of your pictures.

Hugs,
Betsy

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hello Misha! What a wonderful way to spend the day away from home...I'm excited to see your pictures! I'm sure the animals are doing just fine on their own but will be VERY happy to see you when you get home. Hope you have a WONDERFUL time! Maura:)

Oz Girl said...

What an awesome day, good for you guys Misha! Tom and I need to do something like this soon, a day off to explore. Sounds wonderful. :)

Ringo watches over things when we are gone. Uh-huh.... I think he catches up on his zzzzzzz's. LOL

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

How nice that you can be there in just an hour! For us it would be 11, I think! How fun, though...we love the Smokies and want to come back soon...have fun and we'll be here waiting when you get back to see the pictures!
XOXO
Joni

Rural Revival said...

How very interesting and at the same time how odd a spot to have a museum for the Titanic. You'll have to fill me on on how it came to be there, please!

I hope you had a fun time together! We all need that once in a while, don't we? Oh, and how I wish I could tag along to all of the shops along the way home. I hope you took lots of pics of those too! : )

Tell Zeke I have every confidence he did a good job today too!

Hugs ~Andrea~

Ann On and On... said...

That sounds like a great Saturday. I look forward to hearing more about it.... Going away is fun, but getting home is just as much fun. Hugs to Annie and friends.

Country Dreaming said...

We visited Pigeon Forge two summers ago and had a great time.
Wher have they located the exhibit?
Is it on the main drag?
Can't wait to hear and see it.

Melinda

Catherine said...

I hope you had a wonderful day off! I had one yesterday too! hugs Catherine

Amy said...

Hello my friend, thank you so much for your warm words...you know you are always welcome whenever you get the chance to come over- we'll turn the heat on in the apartment and get things ready for your arrival- just let me know when! ;-)
This museum looks amazing, bet it was a great experience visiting! Can't wait to see photos! Hope you enjoyed your day and I'm sure Annie got lots of lovin when you got back!! :-)) Have a super day! Hugs from Norway :-)

怡婷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Feral Female said...

That looks so cool!