02 April 2010

Easter and Spring Wishes~The Wonder of it All......


Foals are usually born
in the
Spring.

Of course, "we" tend to
schedule the
foals
to make their
Arrival
at our
convenience.



But, Little Miss Annie
had other plans.

She came to us in
late October.

Not something I would have planned!




But, a new birth before the old year
made an exit,
was a
wonderful and exciting
thing to behold.





It has been such a Gift
to witness
the
Wonder of it all......



To be part of something that was not planned.

We all get so caught up in
arranging,
figuring out,
scheduling,
just trying to make things go
our way.
The way we think they should.


But, Life does not always happen that way.

Life is what happens when we are
arranging,
figuring out,
scheduling,
and planning.

And trying to make things happen our way.

So many Life Lessons have been learned
from the birth of
Annie.

I have learned to expect the unexpected.

To let go and
let the day take me
where I need to be led.

And to finally realize that I can
plan,
arrange,
and schedule
til my heart is content.

But, my heart is only truly
content
when I rejoice in how much
I, Believe.

And let Him lead me to where
I need to
be...






For I remember it as Easter morn,
And life and love
and peace
are all new born.

~Alice Freeman Palmer~


Wishing each and every one of you,
a lovely Easter holiday!
XO,
                                                        

21 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Fabulous post, Misha---and oh, so true!!!! Life gives us all surprises --and it's how we deal with these surprises that is important. Do we experience sadness or JOY?? Your experience with Annie has brought you more JOY than anything which could have happened to you... Congrats!!!!!

Easter Blessings to you and yours.
Hugs,
Betsy

Growing Up A Country Girl said...

A wonderful post - well said! I find myself more appreciative of the unexpected (I haven't always been that way - a planner I am) -- I'm beginning to wonder if that is what comes with age (a more relaxing laid back view)... Happy Easter to You and Yours!

Shelly's Stuff said...

Love your post. The pictures are beautiful!

Alisha @ Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

Another beautiful post!!!

Happy Easter to you, J, your families and the fur babies.

Alisha & Eric

Julie Harward said...

Her little belly looks so soft...makes me want to lay down by her and rub that cute little belly! These pictures of Annie and her mom are really beautiful! Such perfection is the Arabian horse..such beauty! And yes life does that to all doesn't it? I know my life has done things I never thought it would do...in some respects, I am still trying to understand...but go forward with faith...always. Have a great Easter weekend...:D

Feral Female said...

Happy Easter to you as well Misha!!

Carol Mae said...

Such a beautiful little filly, I so enjoyed looking at all your photos of Annie. I grew up on a Dairy farm in northern WI and sure miss the farm life. Had my own horse too. But now I'm a little to old and worn. But my spirit is always there. Thanks so much for sharing. Many smiles and Happy Easter, Carol Mae

Lucy said...

Yes! Great post. Everytime I see pictures of the two of them the thought comes to me that she is such a wonderful mother. What a great pair.

The Lone Star Queen said...

Happy Easter to you too. I'm a planner too but find that the best things in life just happen free will and unexpected. Have a beautiful weekend!

Snappy Di said...

Easter wishes back at ya. May there be many beautiful pastel eggs on your lawn on Easter morning!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Donna said...

Some of the best gifts in life are the unexpected! Happy Easter to you!

The White Farmhouse said...

What an inspirational post. Beautifully written. So fitting for this time of year!

Hoping that you and yours have a blessed Easter!

Marilyn said...

One(me) wouldn't usually think of horses at Easter, but your post is a wonderful testament for everyone. Thanks for sharing and may you and your family have a blessed Easter. ♥♫

Vicki said...

Trying to catch up on my blog list...
I love your apron! And Hate that I didn't get here to say happy B-day to you both. So here's a late one (o:

Love your horses, your gumption and that you have a hubby who loves back!

And the rainbow...

take care and have a wonderful Easter on your cool farm.

Country Dreaming said...

Easter blessings to you and J.
Give Annie an Easter hug for me >

Happy Easter!

Melinda

Cia said...

Beautiful post! Your pics are amazing, too. Happy Easter to you and yours!

Cia

Donna said...

Misha,
Beautiful post! So true ... we must not worry about tomorrow, but live each day to the fullest. We never know what tomorrow will bring our way.
Give Annie a big hug for me!
Happy Easter!
Blessings,
Donna

Sydney said...

Amazing how time flies and they get so big so fast.

Amy said...

Very good post today Misha- so true in everything you write! Always super to see baby photos of little Annie- they grow up so fast!
Happy Easter from the gang in Norway :-)

ain't for city gals said...

Thanks for the reminder...be happy...no worries...

Sandra said...

For me, this is what "eyes to see and ears to hear" means. When we're open to Him, He makes all things beautiful and yes, I do think slowing down comes with age...in a lot more ways than one!