30 March 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow.....







Sunday was a washout!
Literally.
It poured and poured all day.

Thunder and lightning 
had the horses
all in a tizzy!

Especially Miss D
who is terrified of
thunderboomers.

A bright flash would streak across the sky,
and we would count....then
BOOM!
And Miss D would kick the stall.

This scenario played out
over
and over.

And over and over.......

But, Little Miss Annie
just kept eating her hay.
No big deal to this filly.
Hopefully she retains this
trait of calm!



J wasn't feeling well.
Typical Spring cold, cough, sore throat.
Just plain ICKY!

But, that is what happens when you burn the candle at both ends.

He is 3/4 through this semester.
Each night our home is silent, as he plows through
assignments.

Sometimes, barn chores are a nice distraction for him!

 So, with a case of the yuckies he forged ahead with Spring cleaning.
Climbing the ladder to reach all the Winter cobwebs,
that collect over the months of cold.


So, being the wonderful wifey I am,
I told him not to worry about mucking stalls.
I would do them.





I would make all the treks out the muck pile,
in the pouring rain.

With the wind slapping against my rain slicker,
the rain running down my face,
with my trusty, crusty, old Ariats on,
I forged on.




And then coming back to the barn,
I saw J.

With a grin on his face.
Taking my picture.

He said it was for evidence.
To show what a wonderful wife I am.

You know, the whole
in sickness and in health
thing?

Hmmmm.....

Whatever.
(I was the one with wet hair!)

Late in the day the rain ceased.
The winds died down.

Miss D
was grateful the
Thunder went away.

And J redeemed himself.

He said he wished for a Rainbow for me.



                                                       He was very proud of himself.
It was the exact Rainbow he had ordered!
For me!


And as we stood outside the barn,
watching his
 "made-to-order"
Rainbow,
he kissed my dripping wet hair.

I happily walked back into the barn
as my boots
squished with each step,
from being water-logged....

In Sickness and in Health,
I love this man.



Wishing you each a Rainbow in your heart.
xo,
Now, tell me
Are you scared of Thunder and Lightning
just like Miss D?
 
I am!








20 comments:

Donna said...

I love your rainbow! I saw my special one Amber sent me a couple of weeks ago! Just beautiful!
You are such a good wife and tell J I said so! :) I remember cleaning stalls when we had horses! You look much better than I ever did in the pouring rain shoveling the you-know-what out! Some people think I would never do that but I proved them wrong!
Blessings,
Donna

Alisha @ Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

What a wonderful story. You and J are such romantics and so supportive of each other.
Thank you for sharing!!
Alisha :-)

maura said...

Awww Misha that was awesome!!! What a wonderful post...your J sounds like my K ;) Imagine putting an order in for a rainbow and getting it....pretty darn cool if you ask me. You're a lucky girl...me too. I love my Ariats too but mine aren't as girly as yours...I don't even remember seeing that style in the store or I would have nabbed them. That's ok though cause they're the best boots I've ever had. I'm glad the thunder stopped so poor Miss D could relax and little Miss Annie sounds like she's a cool cucumber when it comes to loud noises. I hope you have sunshine tomorrow...you deserve it. Take care Misha.....MauraXX ps..hope J is feeling better soon.

Country Dreaming said...

J couldn't ask for a greater wife than you! I bet he knows this too.
The horses are taken great care of too.
We have had lovely weather here but
there is rain in the forecast for Friday.
Take care of yourself so YOU don't get sick.

Melinda

The Lone Star Queen said...

Gosh, y'all are so sweet! So nice of him to order up a rainbow just for you. Your ranch is just as beautiful in the rain.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Mucking out the stalls sounds like a wonderful life, since I miss it so....
Your farm is just lovely, a little bit of heaven on earth, and that rainbow, well how spoiled are you ;)
Lovely post...

Julie Harward said...

You are such a good little cowgirl and wife...we love those we serve for sure. Whenever my daughter Tiffany would see a rainbow...she would always say..."A Tiffany rainbow!" She thought it appeared just for her. It seems that way to every heart I think. Good days work girl! Come say hi :D

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Such a good wifey!!!!! And that rainbow was PERFECT. We had the rain also---but that evening, we saw a gorgeous moon....

NOW--it's pretty and going to get really warm. Yeah Rah... Your babies will all love the sunshine and warm air...

Hope you don't get the 'crud'....
Hugs,
Betsy

Growing Up A Country Girl said...

Wonderful pictures! You and another blogger have both recommended the Flea Market Style Magazine -- I was off to Book World to get it today... They don't have it but will keep an eye out for it assuming it is part of Better Homes & Gardens... I looked closer at your blog entry and it looks like its its own magazine - correct? I've written down all the details and I'm headed back tomorrow - now I'm on a mission I have to find it! You should get sunshine now especially after that beautiful rainbow!

Amy said...

I had a feeling you were the golden rule kinda gal, Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You....it's not just a in sickness and in health thing, though that is beautiful too...and just an added bonus.
And you know Somewhere Over The Rainbow is a song from my favourite movie...Wizard of Oz..
Just loved this post!! Hope J gets better soon!!!
Hugs from Norway :-)

Lucy said...

I love thunder and lightning. I want to stand outside in it. But Hank? Not so much. I'm surprised the walls survive when he hears thunder and crashes through anything to get out of hearing range. Goofy guy!

Feral Female said...

Such a lovely story and rainbow as well!

Ann On and On... said...

Sometimes the rain can be invigorating..

My Mr. gave me his cold...I hope you don't get J's. Lots of liquids. :D

How sweet of him to work with Mother Nature for a beautiful rainbow.

Lovely post!

Snappy Di said...

Love that he kissed your wet hair... now that's a sweetheart!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
(we had the rain but not the boomers)

Donna said...

Rainbows make it all worthwhile! That thunderstorm was something, wasn't it? We had several boomers that rocked the house!

The White Farmhouse said...

Wow, how do you do that? Even with wet hair and in a slicker you are still adorable! Love all the pics and the rainbow. Sometimes the best gifts are the simple ones. How sweet of him to order that for you!

Rural Revival said...

Misha, He is SUCH a keeper! What a beautiful rainbow.

Tell J we wish him well in his studies, he's in the final stretch now!

~Andrea~

PS. I am working on a bees post as we speak! : )

PPS. You should check out Hilary from Crazy as a Loom's post from Sunday evening! I think you'll get a kick out of it. ; )

Heart2Heart said...

Misha,

I quite literally cried by the time I read through your blog. I've been like that lately! Crying over very sentimental things and I think that your hubbies perfectly created and beautiful rainbow is much like the love you both share.

Yes I hate thunderstorms the noise and the lightning. I love it from a distance but when it gets too close, oh man, hide! Move over Ms D!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Cheryl said...

Not fun doing chores in the rain!
Beautiful rainbow!
Cherokee doesn't like storms either, the donks don't seem to mind.

JeniQ said...

I LOVE thunder! Horses don't so much =(

I've even got caught out on the trail in a Thunder storm on Bonnie. I dismounted quickly and walked us both back to the barn 1/2 mile away. There was no place go hide at all was on far side of large field.

Your hubby is soooo sweet!!!!
Have a great rest of the week!
~Jeni