13 January 2010

Egypt, France, and Norway! You, too, can visit!


                                            We should be thawed out by Saturday!
                                                              Then the farm will be a mudfest!

January 13, 2010

One of the wonderful things about the Blog world, is being able to travel through the word's and pictures of other blogs! I look forward each day to visiting all of you. When I do visit, I also scan your list of blogs! It still literally astounds me at just how many millions of different blogs there are.

 I have always been fascinated with living in another country. Just picking up and moving. Just like that...But, because in my heart, I know that I never will, traveling via the internet is the next, best way! When I find  a blog that captures my atttention, I have to know everything about it. So, I always begin at the start of the blog and read it like a book. Some blogs can be joined mid-season. But, the blogs that I am sharing with you today, well, start at the first entry. You will become immersed in a new world. You will learn about different ways of living. But, mostly you learn, that we are all much the same. Just learning to live life on life's terms in  another time zone! To visit, just place your curser, on the title of the blog!

A few months ago I stumbled across Living in Egypt! I was mesmerized. MaryAnne Stroud Gabbani is a wonderful storyteller. She moved to Egypt in the late 1980's, with her Canadian/Egyptian husband and their two children. After her husband passed away, she remained in Egypt, because by then, it was home. She raises Egyptian Arabian horses ( a women after my own heart!), and her pictures of riding these awesome, desert bred creatures in the sand... is breathtaking! She is also so very involved in working with the local children and wanting to instill in them, a love of books and reading. Check out this great lady. I promise you will not be dissapointed! But, start at the first entry. It is a must, so you can capture her spirit, as she makes her way through life, Living in Egypt!

If you want to travel to the rural countryside of France, please visit Catherine at Le Monde de Catherine! Some day, I am going on holiday to stay with Catherine and her menagerie of animals. And, yes, she has the most adorable goats. I have wanted a goat(s) for quite a long time, so for now, Catherine's goats are mine, too! Her home is warm and inviting. Her pictures? Well, you will want to go on holiday with me! She also has a love for Beatrix Potter and Tasha Tudor...I cannot get enough of Catherine's blog. So, go to France. Now! It may not be much warmer there, but Catherine will warm your heart if you visit!

Last week I found Eventyrhus. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful... Amy lives in Norway, with her Captain husband and their three kids. Her pictures will astound you. Winter in Norway is like no where else I have ever seen! But, then her summers look pretty awesome, too! They have host of animals, including the magical Leonbergers (dogs) that they raise. These pups are as big as our Mastiff, Zeke! Around 140lbs. for the males, but unlike Zeke, who is very short-haired, they are covered in the most beautiful coat of fur. Like, three layers deep! These are true snow-dogs! I want one :)
Amy is an avid baker. She bakes, bakes, bakes. You will want to chow down on a loaf of crusty bread as you read her blog...from the start! She is refreshingly honest, to the core. I like that. And she has a zesty sense of humor. Originally from Texas, she met and married her dream man, who took her home to Norway.
New language, new culture....
This girl has guts and shares her life so sweetly. The death of her Mother last year, and coming to terms with being so far away at the "end"...well, her words had me in tears. Please visit Amy in her Eventyrhus, which means "Fairytale House!" Because it certainly is!

I have several more to share, but thought I would just start today with these. The world of blogs is just so much more than some realize. It truely puts each, and every one of us in a position to learn more about one another. Every day we each get to peak into the lives of someone else. And every day I learn, that for all of our differences, we are more alike than not!

Happy visiting!

xo,

p.s. Please pray for the people of  Haiti. These poor people  have known more poverty and dire living conditions than any of us could ever imagine!! The International Medical Corp and the Red Cross will need physical support and financial support, to  respond to the overwhelming needs of the Haitian people for years to come!

22 comments:

Catherine said...

Thanks Misha it's very kind of you .As english is not my mother language it's difficult sometimes to express w how i feel! but blogging has change quite a lot in my life and i'm happy to have you as a friend. HUGS Catherine

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Ooh, I've not got a lot of spare time right at the moment, but will be sure to stop by and visit your recommendations as soon as I can.
How very kind of you, to pass the love along, I so enjoy your blog, so I have a feeling already these will be some special places to bookmark !
Hugs, friend !
Jo

Amy said...

Misha, you take my breath away...geez...I feel like crying over such a beautiful description of my blog- I want to visit myself after reading your words!! You're a sweetheart and if you ever make it across the ocean for a visit you know my door is always open for you....big big hugs...and thanks for sharing the other two ladies blogs...I'm going to definitely check them out, just a bit nervous I'll be so tempted to visit as you suggest...horses..goats...I mean...you're tempting me beyond belief!!!!! UGH!!!

~Kim~ said...

My thoughts exactly!! I love reading about places that I'll never get to visit--Yours included!! :-)

Heart2Heart said...

Misha,

What a wonderful way to get to know our blogging friends from all over. I am so glad that you posted these links and am off to go visit! Thank you again!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Andrea said...

Isn't it amazing how the blogging world has broaden all our horizons, stretched our senses, and blessed us beyond measure.

Blessings, andrea

Donna said...

I am going to visit these blogs as well. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for your comments on blog. I would love you to come my way someday and we could go to the falls :) I am serious!
Blessings,
Donna

Lucy said...

I am a BIT of a wanderlust also. I want to know what is over every single hill. And ocean. One of my bloggie pals asked me to come to London for Christmas and I really wanted to take her up on it. $$$$ get in the way. There's no way I could afford it.

You've stated every single reason why I love blogging!!

Dusty Devoe said...

I am heading over there right now! Thanks for sharing. I love your header!

Deborah said...

Misha, this was a beautiful post. You are right about visiting other people around the world. I feel like they are all my friends and if you don't blog, you just don't understand it.
xxoo Deborah

Feral Female said...

Sounds like some new blogs and hopefully new friends to meet! Thank so much for sharing Misha!

Flat Creek Farm said...

I've already met Catherine, as a matter of fact, through your blog I think. I volunteer to go on holiday with you to Catherine's ~ what a lovely place! The other two sound fabulous as well and I will visit also. Ahhhh, so many blogs... so little time. Love it though! Thanks for sharing your worldwide visits :) -Tammy

Ann On and On... said...

I agree the blog world opens many doors and allows us to travel to many parts of the world. You allow me to be on a farm....thanks!

Country Dreaming said...

Catherine's blog IS fun to look at and read.
Even if the majority of us live in the states it's still fun to see
where we are.

Melinda

ladyfi said...

I'm visiting you thanks to Amy at Eventryhus! Thanks for the tips, and what lovely animals you have!

Lady Fi - a Brit living in Sweden.

Hilary said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog......I came right over. I, too, have had horses, and little ones. It is quite an experience...Your Zeke looks like he has some pit bull in him, and I love him laying belly up on the couch....that's my Eddie all the time.
Love your blog, and I am so glad I got here.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Isn't blogging wonderful, Misha??? I too have met so many wonderful people in other parts of our world. I've learned so much from them about their countries. Two that come to mind are South Africa and Australia. It's truly awesome.

Hugs,
Betsy

Elle Bee said...

Isn't it so amazing how blogging makes the world smaller?! I love the connections we can make from around the world. These blogs sound so interesting. I can't wait to check them out.

Oz Girl said...

Misha, I can't wait to check out these other blogs. I often wish I had more time to spend blogging, and I do so love when I find a new and fascinating blog... but time is always lacking!

Looking forward to spending some time overseas. :)

Rural Revival said...

Catherine has already found me (now I know how!)and her blog is a delight! I'm off to see the other two blogs, they sound very interesting! Blogging certainly does let us travel and makes the world seem a little smaller and kinder too!

Be well!

~Andrea~

Statch said...

Thanks for the wonderful links! I've got another for you: http://wethreecats.blogspot.com/. She's in St. Davids, Wales, and always has wonderful pictures.

Jenn@Spejory said...

Thanks for the new blogs to visit. I also love to visit the blogs of ladies who live around the world.

My best friend has two goats and they are so cute. She wants to get bison and a camel now too. She's unstoppable :-)