18 November 2009

The Wonder of it All...



Today, this sweet Arabian filly is 3 weeks old!

She now has 4 teeth.
And she is learning what they are for!
Chomping hay, eating grass, ...
Oh my, the Little One has discovered a whole new world!


The Little One is quite the adventurer.
Very independent. Extremely confident.
Full of baby energy beyond belief.
Zooming here, zooming there.
Where did she go.......

While Miss D grazes, the Little One
does laps.
And more laps.
She is her own little race track!

When the Little One sprints too far away,
Miss D calls her back.
And the Little One is a very obedient
daughter!


I am sure Miss D is thinking,
"Did I ever have that much energy?"
or maybe
"Lay down and take a nap, kid!"



Each time Miss D calls her back, the Little One
contains her energy...



or


or tries to!



When Miss D decides it is time for a water break.
The Little One does not want to be left behind.
She calls to her Mother to wait up for her.
She has the most precious whinny.
And is becoming very vocal with her Mother,
and us!



How grown up the Little One must feel,
at 3 weeks of age.
Drinking from the trough along side her Mother.
Those laps around the paddock make for a thirsty filly!


And like a good Mommy should, Miss D waits for the Little One
to finish before she walks off to find another scrumptious
snacking spot.

But at the end of the afternoon, after hours of play,
there is nothing better than grazing along side Mom!
Who is an independent, confident mare.
And as the wind blows and the last of the leaves are falling off
the November trees,
I think I heard the Little One say,
"I want to grow up to be just like my
Mom."




And at the end of my day, there is
nothing better than a mare
who graciously lets me love on her filly.
(If I have the energy.)
Thank you, Miss D!
And a very *Heartfelt with love*
to all of you who left messages of a
Happy, wonderful, birthday
to my Nana on November 11, 2009.
Today I received the sweetest note from her.
"Those gals sure are a nice bunch to leave this "old mare"
so many birthday wishes!"
She remarked it was one of her best birthdays ever!
My father printed out your comments of best wishes so she can read them often...
Thank you again.
You are a sweet bunch, you know!

18 comments:

The Lone Star Queen said...

Miss D is such a good mom. Little one is so adorable doing laps.

I'm glad your Nana enjoyed the birthday wishes!

Have a great day!

Feral Female said...

That little one is just beautiful! Thanks SO much for sharing her with all of us!

Rural Revival said...

Oh Misha, that fact that we're a sweet bunch is a reflection of you! You bring out the best in all of us with your constant encouragement, caring and kindness. : )

As always thanks for more photos of the Little One, I enjoy watching her grow very much!

Be well ~Andrea~

Shelly's Stuff Jewelry said...

Good morning, Misha. Thanks so much for the kind words about my jewelry. And thanks for sharing a little of your history. I remember how bad those hurricanes were...two years in a row! We're right around the corner from Jupiter Farms in The Acreage/Loxahatchee. Where in Ohio are you from? Dave's originally from Hamilton, just outside of Cincinnatti. I'm looking foward to your posts about the filly. My neighbor's cutting mare, CC, is due in March and I'm very excited! The whole horse thing is fairly new to me...and unfortunately, I'm a little timid 'cause I'm old enough to know an animal that big can hurt me. But I love being around them...and I absolutely love the way they smell...especially after eating sweet feed! So, I'm working at getting more comfortable around them...spending more time at the neighbor's barn and helping out at feeding time. Have a great weekend!

Simply Stated ~ Rebecca said...

Gorgeous photos and new look~ I always love stopping by. :-)
I missed your Nana's birthday so I send belated Birthday wishes today.
Have a wonderful day!
~ Rebecca

Andrea said...

Thank you so much for sharing their journey with us. They are beautiful and I love watching them play and enjoy the creation around them. We could learn a lot from animals.
Blessings, andrea

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures-they are so sweet. Little One is so pretty. They way you captured her being playful was great.
I am glad your mom had a great birthday. Tomorrow, Nov. 20, is my mom's birthday--wish she was still her with us. I really miss my mom.
Love,
Marie

Heart2Heart said...

Misha,

Ah, another wonderful virtual pleasure in taking in all that wonder that Little One see's each and every day. These are my most favorite posts! She is truly a beauty!

So glad that your Nana loved her birthday wishes. See another great thing that blogging can bring, heartfelt smiles and love.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Mom's Coffee Time said...

Very lovely pictures, so breathe taking! Like your blog, looks very festive :) ~Amy

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You truly have a little piece of heaven up there in those mountains.
What beautiful little foals, so innocent, and full of energy, I miss my horses terribly.
Glad your Nan enjoyed her birthday and wishes, she looks like a very special lady !
Be well,
Jo

Flat Creek Farm said...

Such preciousness!! Thank you for sharing. I would love to hear that sweet little whinny! So glad Nana enjoyed the b-day wishes! -Tammy

Country Dreaming said...

What a cutie! She looks like she's is alot of fun. And boy she has grown!

Melinda

Lucy said...

The Phoenician is not very far from West World where the Arabian horse show is. It's quite pretty...to put it lightly. I'd love to stay there just once.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Misha, Little One is adorable... Oh how I wish I had that much energy.

Glad your folks are moving to Tellico. That is such a neat area. And I'll bet your aunt and uncle's home near Maggie is fabulous... WOW.... The cabin we stayed in over there was about 4200 feet up and that was nice. 5000 feet would be even better.

Take care of those gorgeous horses. You are SO lucky!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh Misha, the pictures of that little girl are so beautiful! What charming shots of mamma and daughter, too. And how like humans ... the child gets too far away, and Mama is there to call it safely back!

What a wonder. thank you so much for sharing your delight in this precious new life.

And congrats on selling the Spode!
:-)
Cass

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Such pretty pictures and such a pretty little one to watch and love and adore....I can tell that you do! You live in the most beautiful spot!
XOXO
Joni

The White Farmhouse said...

Oh how I miss the babies of the fourlegged kind and the two legged. I just love coming here. My grandfather had a horse farm/plantation outside of Franklin, TN. He bred the walkers. He got so mad at me when I used to run them! Your blog is like having him right here again.

Elle Bee said...

Oh the Little One is sooooo cute!!! I love her frisky energy!! I could watch her run around for hours. What a beautiful time this is for Momma and daughter and how fantastic that you get to watch it all unfold!