06 November 2009

A Very Special Day...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!
Today is your day.
I wish I could twitch my nose
and bring you to the
mountains of east Tennessee.
So we could spend the day in the barn together.
You could groom Mr Handsome!
And hopefully no helicopters will fly over,
so you won't have to leap out of the stall!



And you could bring Mom.
Who is our resident barn sweeper.
She does her job very well,
and adds a little glamour while doing it!
(I never look like that at the barn!)


We could give the horses baths.
Or just watch them be their silly selves in the pasture!






You could spend quality time
with Mr. Handsome.
He loves you and trusts you.
For a horse with such a sensitive mind,
that is a tribute to
you.
He knows that you are an animal lover!

******
And I am an animal lover because of you.
Remember when you used to take that donkey back
to it's pasture?
You would be on your way to work.
There was a farm on Blue Lick Road that
had a donkey.
He always got out of his pasture!
You would park the car, and
in your suit and tie you would walk the
donkey home!
Because of you I have wonderful memories of childhood pets.
Dogs and cats.
And a pig.
And a Spider Monkey.
(Although Mom wasn't too thrilled with the pig and the monkey!
Still to this day I don't know why!!)

*******




You visited twice over the summer.
We hoped Miss D would foal while you were here.
But, darn if that mare would not cooperate!




I wish I send The Little One to spend the day with you!
She could frolic in your beautiful back yard, nap in front of the fireplace,
and maybe you could teach her how to keep her slippery tongue
in her little mouth!


But most of all you could love on her.
I know she would be in good hands :)


Since The Little One will not be visiting Ohio,
You will have to make another trek here to meet
her in person!

But hurry. She is growing as I type this!



But soon you will not have to visit anymore.
Because hopefully by this time next year,
you and Mom will be living here!
In the mountains of east Tennessee..


There is a part time job waiting for you.
Horse groomer, horse walker, horse lover.
And carrot giver :)



What a lucky man you are.
Married to a beautiful, giving woman.
Making plans for a new adventure in your life.
And knowing you are loved.
That is the greatest thing of all.
I am blessed that I am the one who calls you
Daddy.
(And J thinks he is pretty lucky to call you father-in-law!)


Happy Birthday!
I love you more than you know...



(To all my blogger friends; please wish my Dad a rousing Happy Birthday!
It would mean a lot to me :)

17 comments:

Simply Stated ~ Rebecca said...

Misha ~ What a wonderful post! Sending Many, Many Birthday Wishes to your Father!!!!
Have a Beautiful Day and enjoy your weekend too ~ Rebecca

The White Farmhouse said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! What a nice present for him to have this beautiful post. Love the pics!

Lone Star Queen said...

Happy Birthday Misha's Dad! You must be a special guy to have such a special daughter!!!

Country Dreaming said...

I hope your Dad has a wonderful birthday and gets to spend it any way he wants!!! Happy Birthday
Dad to Misha!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!

Melinda

Deborah said...

That was beautiful and I want to wish your Dad a Happy Birthday and Many, Many, more. I hope they move close to you soon! That would be nice and fun!

Cheryl and Carman said...

Happy Birthday Misha's Dad, you sound like a special Daddy, hope you get to move to the mountains soon!

Rural Revival said...

Happy Birthday Dad of Misha! You are the other person I must truly thank for giving us such a delightful, wonderful friend in blogging land! I hope you birthday is full of love and happiness and that you will soon live closer to each other. All girls need their dads forever and ever. I'm so glad your girl is my friend!
Blessings ~Andrea~

Donna said...

Happy Birthday to your Daddy!
Your posts make me happy and I need something to make me happy these days. I love animals and yours are all precious! The new baby is adorable and mommy is beautiful! Your cats remind me of my own.
Blessings

Lucy said...

What a neat post. Hope he has many more great birthdays. My dad will be 100 on the 16th of this month. Yowser! I'm planning on going up to Idaho to see him on or around that day.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Oh, Misha, I just "heart" your Dad for walking that donkey back to his pasture :) Happy Birthday, Misha's Dad!!

Those pictures are just gorgeous, and your parents are darling. I can see why you would want them as close as possible :) -Tammy

Ann On and On... said...

What a wonderful day...with Dad on his birthday. Happy Birthday and Many More!!! Ann

It looks like you had an amazing day- how nice!

Growing Up A Country Girl said...

Very nicely done - a great tribute to your dad - I think I would like him! Happy Birthday!

Mountain Woman of Red Pine Mountain said...

A very happy birthday to your Dad and here's to many more wonderful years to come. Loved the photos!

allhorsestuff said...

HAPPIEST OF RETURNS ON A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY TO BE HAD, Dear DAD!!! Sincerely, KacyK!

That was the best post...made me weepy with a joy deep down...I want your dad closer to you ~soon!

Your new FILLY FOAL! She is a beut! So substancial are her legs...I can't get over that...others have had foals thisn year...but hers legs, very stout!
KacyK

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!catherine

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

This was just beautiful! Happy Birthday to your Daddy. How blessed they are to have such a loving caring daughter. aww..


~Lisa

Jenn@Spejory said...

Happy Birthday Misha's Dad!!!

Oh, I hope your wishes for them to come live in Tennessee come true!

I just can't get enough of those baby photos!