27 November 2009

Sweet Nothings...

Look at this face.
The look of love, with those gorgeous eyes
so full of trust.
Every morning as I enter the barn,
I am welcomed.
By the bellows of four, very hungry horses
who are waiting for breakfast.
And one tiny little voice; a sweet whinny that
melts my heart.
Make that five hungry horses.
The Little One is now munching on hay.
And on Thanksgiving she took her first bite of grain from
Mom's feeder!
Yesterday she had her first taste of a carrot.
A very, tiny sliver that J cut up for her.
She wasn't sure what to make of it.
But J and I are sure she will master carrot eating!



After breakfast they all go outside.
The Stallion, to his pasture, where he can view his kingdom.
The mares to their pasture. Four acres of grazing pleasure!
And Miss D and the Little One in the pasture right behind the barn.
So, as I work, I can watch them.
I am also the playground monitor!
And as I work that sweet little whinny calls me out of the barn,
and to their playground.

Who can muck stalls when this adorable little filly
is calling me to come and play?
Stall cleaning, and a host of many other daily barn chores can wait!



She loves to chew on my hair.
And my shirt, my boots, my jeans...
She sniffs my face, my ears, my neck.
And I realize her face, her ears, and her neck
are dripping wet because she was playing in
the water trough!
A favorite game of hers..



And then I give her a big hug.
Because she is such a bundle of big love.




Her fuzzy, winter coat is so soft and so warm.
Her heart so huge, filled with love, for her barn family.
Horses and humans.



Another nuzzle.
And another, and another...
Mucking stalls seems so very UN-important.




One last hug.

The barn is calling my name.
Miss D is calling her daughter.


As she ran to greet her mom,
and turned away from me...




I swore I heard her whisper,
"Love you, mean it!"
I love you too, Little One.
And I mean it!

I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving.
I am giving thanks to all of you;
for following
From My front Porch in the Mountains!

Recently, I have had a lot of questions regarding horses.
Just things people are curious about!
I thought it would be fun to do a question and answer post
about all things equine!
So, if you have a question about anything horsey related,
you can post it in comments or email it to:
No question is too silly.
If I don't know the answer, I will try my best to find out!
Now, ask away!

11 comments:

Concord Carpenter said...

What a cutie!

Andrea said...

She is sooooooo precious. Thank you for sharing her with us. These pictures made my day....so beautiful and peaceful.
Blessings and hugs, andrea

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh Misha, what adorable pictures of you and your baby...Don't know which of you loves each other the most!!!!!! I'm sure the love is equal...

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Catherine said...

Thank you Misha for your visit and your nice comment , i 'm glad you come on my blog. The little one is growing so quickly, she looks lively and intelligent.xxx catherine

Shelly's Stuff Jewelry said...

Little One is adorable. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Feral Female said...

Lovely pics and lovely words as well. I always enjoy visiting your blog!

Deborah said...

That was so nice. I love your little one. Her eyes are beautiful!
I love to read about her!
It's amazing you get anything done at all!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Well, here's a dumb question! What's the difference between a colt and a pony?

My granddaughter whispered to me that she wanted a horse from Santa. She's 3, and I doubt she'll get one :D

The Lone Star Queen said...

I bet the little one liked the carrot. I'm looking forward to the question and answer posts.

Donna said...

Misha, Thank you so much for the kind comment you left on my blog. It made my day. I miss Amber so much and the holidays are very hard.
Your blog makes me smile! I love the little one..she is precious!!!
Both my girls had horses at one time and they were so spoiled! They are beautiful creatures!
God Bless and Hugs

Flat Creek Farm said...

Such sweet pictures of both of you! Your posts always make me smile :) Just love that Little One! -Tammy