14 November 2009

My Sweet Girl...

I have lost count of how many mares over the years
I have bred,
and how many foals I have witnessed being born.
How many stallions I have walked.
I know exactly how many foals I have buried.
Five.
The Oldest Arabian horse
I had the pleasure to care for was
36.
She was imported from Poland in
1962.
I was there when she crossed over
to the
Rainbow Bridge.
It was my duty to be there as her caregiver.
But I also loved her very much.
I have hugged an $11,000,000
Arabian Stallion.
His name was *Padron.
It was truly an honor to meet this great guy.
But, I would have hugged him
even if he was a $2.00 Stallion.
The largest herd I have managed was 132
Arabian Horses.
I knew every pedigree.
I have worked for the
wealthy,
the famous,
and a few celebrities
caring for their
Arabian Horses.
(Yes, they are just like you and I
....with more problems!)
I turned down an opportunity
to work in England in 1997.
With a famous rocker.
On their Arabian Horse Farm.
Because I couldn't take my
Siamese Cat.
(1987-2008)
You can't leave a best friend
behind!
And now in a time of my life when I least expected it....
I get to hug this little girl
every day,
and really get to know
her.
For her whole life.
I even heard her nicker in my dreams
last night...
Have a sweet day!
Thank you for following,
From My front Porch in the Mountains.
I really, truly, appreciate you!


You can read more about the legendary stallion *Padron !

http://www.rival-arabians.com/about.html

21 comments:

Deborah said...

AWWW You can't leave your friends behind. I totally understand that.
I can only imagine, you must be like a horse whisperer.
Have a great weekend!

allhorsestuff said...

Oh! That made me tear up...you heard her nicker in your dreams! Too, too sweet!
I am happy to hear about you staying put for you cat love too!
You are special and all the animals entrusted to your care~ are too!
KacyK

Mom's Coffee Time said...

I have been enjoying your blog and your sense of style. I have entered the blog world recently myself. I would love for you to come and visit and perhaps become a follower? Blessings to you! ~Amy

The Lone Star Queen said...

Gosh Misha, you are just full of surprises. What an interesting history. Deborah is right, you are a horse wisperer.

Growing Up A Country Girl said...

So sweet....

Ann On and On... said...

I wish I was there to hear her snicker....

You do not talk about riding...do you often?

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Misha, WOW---I LOVE your blog. You all live in an incredible area of East TN... How close are you to Tellico? We go that way (Highway 68) when we visit our friends in NC.

Living in that old farmhouse and raising horses, etc. has to be totally AWESOME. I will continue to return to your blog. Thanks for coming to mine.

We are retired and living near Crossville up on the Cumberland Plateau. We love hiking --and 'waterfalling'--since we've seen over 350 different waterfalls since 2001. Our kids are all grown--so it's just George and me. We LOVE our lives!!!!

Come back anytime. Love your gorgeous horses.
Hugs,
Betsy

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh, what a LOVE you have for your horses....sweet, sweet post here, Misha! My husband has an uncle that worked with Tennesee Walkers all his life...he made horses his whole life.
XOXO
Joni

Elle Bee said...

She is so beautiful! Loved this post--got to know a little bit more about you!

Elle Bee said...

She is so beautiful! Loved this post--got to know a little bit more about you!

Feral Female said...

What a lovely entry. We do have special bonds with all the creatures we`re lucky enough to share out lives with.

West Side of Straight said...

What wonderful writing and a beautiful baby!

West Side of Straight said...

What wonderful writing and pictures. Your new baby is a beauty.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Misha, this is beautiful :) You've had, and continue to have a very rich, full life. I enjoyed learning about the horses you've had the pleasure of knowing and loving in the past. (I'm off to read about Padron now) And... This new little girl is so special! Very sweet post, my friend! -Tammy

Catherine said...

she is growing very quikly ! she is beautiful catherine

Thistle Cove Farm said...

If the Marines can't leave a man behind, the least we can do is not leave a friend behind.
Ya done good, Gal.

Rural Revival said...

You know, the more I read, the more I know how truly special you are! Not everyone would stay put for their cat.
She IS a very special girl..does she have a name yet? I really do enjoy seeing all the photos of her and having the opportunity to watch her grow. I tell the twins all about her and show them her pictures. They're pretty awestruck!

Your wish is my command. Part one of puppy post is waiting for you!

Be well and give that girl a hug from me please!
~Andrea~

Rural Revival said...

Oh yeah, I love the new background you have up. I really have to learn how to do that kind of stuff!
~Andrea~

Rural Revival said...

Thanks for the instructions Misha, I will give it a try, soon!

Blessings to ALL of you in the mountains! : )

~Andrea~

Lucy said...

I love any horse. But I truly love the Arabians. I'd love to have some but it will never happen in this life. Every February Scottsdale has the Arabian Horse Show. I always spend a couple of days there and just watch the beauty and art at work. Those horses just KNOW they are incredibly beautiful! And they are.

Lucy said...

Hey...the Scottsdale show starts February 11th. If you get there, let me know. We'll "do lunch". Or just find Arabians to kiss on the nose. Yeah...right! :)