30 September 2009

We are off to the market! Wish us luck...

We are off to the market.
Flea market, that is!
The next four days, October 1-4, is the famous
Highway 411 Yard Sale.
The sale spans from Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee,
Kentucky, and a smidgen of southern Ohio!
Over 600 miles of antiques, shabby, vintage, and just plain wonderful finds!
And we will be there.

This year we are happy booth renters!
Instead of driving the miles and miles of flea market finds,
we will be offering our collectibles for your perusal!

Last spring, J and I started to look around the
farm house cottage, and agreed it was time to pass on some
of our favorites. Plus, we constantly have to make room for new
favorites!


J loves to repurpose furniture. Our little workshop
is filled to the brim with wonderful pieces, he has restored.
Some are shabby, some are restored to their once
gleaming selves.



I have cupboards over-flowing with tea cups, saucers, platters,
plates. Beautiful vintage patterns that I adore
and have been collecting through every flea market
we find our way to!
I have kept my favorites. Maybe the ones I decided to let make
their way to the market will be someone else's favorite!


As I am getting everything ready today, I find myself
asking, Do I really want to let this go? Do I really
want to haggle over the price and watch someone walk
away with my prized possessions?





Yep, I think I can do it.
This is the reason I made so many of these purchases.
To one day be able to offer these things, so that someone else
who loves vintage, shabby, or just wonderful flea market finds
would want to find a spot in their home for this new cherished item!

Secretly I know I will continue to build my collections.
Secretly I know part of my giddiness in preparing
for the flea market, is all the
wonderful stuff that will be at the flea market for sale.
Great stuff that needs a good home.
My home!


This evening will find us loading the truck with all our treasures.
I have everything planned on paper to make our flea market spot lovely.
The one small thing J and I do not see eye to eye on is presentation.
I have lace table cloths, washed, and ready, Beautiful signs with
the name of our little endeavour. I know what what items will sit
side by side.
"It's all in the eye of the beholder", I keep telling him.
Eye candy.
Eye candy helps sell.
I know. I am a sucker for a beautiful display.
In my mind, that one item I purchase, and lovingly carry home,
is going to transform the area I place it in.
Because I remember how it looked when I first spied it.
Surrounded by like items, eye candy for the soul!


So if you live in any of the wonderful states that Hwy 411
runs through, put this "Longest Yard Sale"
on your weekend to do list!
It helps the economy, it helps the earth by purchasing
repurposed items, and it makes your heart feel good
to give one little item a good home!
Even though an item may not be "new", it's
New to You!



I will have many pictures to post next week.
Of our little booth.
Our spot is under a Bradford Pear Tree.
That I can hang all the mason jar art I created for the show!
I am even taking wind chimes, for the breeze that will play music
as shoppers view my goods!
This is the stuff J just cannot comprehend.
But he will.
When the little cash register ka-chings in his head!!
And of course I will have pictures galore of other booths and
all the eye candy they have for my purchasing!


Wish us luck :)

~Bella's Attic~
Vintage, Shabby, & New To You

~reuse~repurpose~reinvent~

Misha & J

*Find us at Flea markets
around East Tennessee*

~contact us~
1missmisha@gmail.com

~follow us~
from my front porch in the mountains.blogspot.com

If you are in the area and will be attending the
Hwy 411 Yard Sale,
we can be found at the former
Woolridges General Store,
Madisonville, Tn.


p.s. That awesome sewing machine that J just finished in my favorite
Shabby Chic style...I think I am going to keep it :)
Mums the word.

p.s.s I have this gut feeling that Miss D will foal this weekend!
Oh, my.

*Pictures courtesy of Bing and my awesome hubby, J!

13 comments:

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

I wish I could go there, but it is a bit far for me :-) :-)
We really don´t have flee markets over here, or garage sails. I think we are to much in love with auktions instead :-)

I wish You all luck in the world!
Christer.
P.S. I never post any blog on wednes days, that´s my blog free day of the wek.

Heart2Heart said...

Misha,

Good thing we don't have anything like this, I would be broke all the time from all the things I would buy! Can't wait to see your pictures!


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Diane said...

I am with Christer...I wish that I could be there too! I can't wait to see the pics of your displays as well of pics in general. Prayers are with you for a good time, great weather and a good sale.
Have fun!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I would love to have the oppurtunity and finances to visit this at least once. I think it is a fabulous idea. Imagine the people you would meet along the way. I LOVE talking to perfect strangers in settings like these. You get so many ideas to share and try. Friendships forges. Oh just a slice heaven thank you. Tammy

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh this looks like such fun!!! I am in California but so wish I could be there to see all of your fabulous finds!! Wishing you luck!! We are having a big sale this weekend - backyard sale - and it will be a good one!

Sell! Sell! Sell!!

becky

Oz Girl said...

Misha, good luck to you both, it sounds like you know how to set up your booth to best advantage, so I just know you will do great!

And goodness, I hope Miss D doesn't foal while you are away!

(And yes, it broke my heart to leave Stormy at the trainer. I hope she is doing well.)

Flat Creek Farm said...

Love the name and description of your shop! Wish I lived closer... darn it. I would be there in a heartbeat. Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see the pictures and your report of the event. Best of luck.. hope you hear lots of ka-ching! :) -Tammy p.s. i'll be thinking about beautiful Miss D too. I'm sure everything will work out just fine!

Elle Bee said...

That looks like so much fun!! I would go nuts there. I'd have to go without any cash or it'd all be gone.
I think you'll do fabulously well and I'm looking forward to the photos you take and share.

Miss D!!! Good luck honey!! You can do it!!
Elle

Lucy said...

Oh wow! Oh wowowowowow. I want to go there so bad. Sounds like so much fun. On this side of the US there are lots better yard sales than the west side. I want to just evaporate into those photos. Have fun! I'm so jealous. Yes, jealous. And I don't care! :)

Lone Star Queen said...

Misha--I see a couple of things in the pictures that I would like to have! Wish I could come. I love to go to the flea market but I have never been to one of the garage sales that span states. Sounds like fun! We have a HUGE flea market here in TX once a month in a town east of Dallas. It's called First Monday Trade Days. I'm going to try to go this weekend.

Good Luck! I hope you make lots of money!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Well. Miss D is certainly taking her own sweet time. This is the mare you thought would foal in JULY...Right?!
Hmmmmm. Methinks you were given some pretty off information -smile.
Best of success on selling lots of goodies; didn't see the sewing machine you mentioned though.
I'd LOVE to "do" even a portion of this flea market run but don't think it's in my future this year.

Rural Revival said...

Oooh that sounds like SO much fun!! I wish I could go...probably better for my pocketbook that I can't.. : ) I look forward to hearing all about upon your return!

I will be thinking of Miss D, of course I'm always thinking about her but I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers her way!!
Be well. ~Andrea~

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh good luck! It's too far for me to come and see your BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED items (and you are right -- it does make a difference!)... but I wish I could.

Have fun, too -- and don't mourn the treasures that walk away with new owners; they are on to new adventures, and they free you to maybe (maybe, haha) get some new old things.
Most important ... have fun!
Cass