24 September 2009

Please Help the Life of an Animal that is Waiting for a Forever Home!

Bella
June 2009
Someone "left" her on our property....

"Left" just like all of our other, greatly loved, couldn't
live without, "kids".
(Except Zeke, who was planned)
Hey, One out of twenty-something ain't bad!



***I first posted this in February. The shelters in our area are still greatly affected by the economic crisis, and I am sure across the country as well. Please feel free to print this, link this, or even post this on your site! As much constant attention as we can give this crisis is needed!
So make a difference today. Be a hero, in some way, big or small, to a beautiful four-legged creature that needs a little help until it's Forever Home comes along....***

Misha

Animal shelters are really taking taking the brunt of these terrible economic times. Please consider putting them on your list when you are heading to the store! Before you think you can't afford to add anything in your cart, know it can be a simple donation of paper towels! Even one or two rolls. Our local shelter prints a list of shelter needs each week in our Sunday paper. If yours does not, call and ask!

ITEMS ALWAYS NEEDED-

PAPER TOWELS
CAT FOOD (ANY SIZE)
CAT LITTER (ANY BRAND)
DOG FOOD PUPPY AND KITTEN FOOD
FORMULA
BOTTLES
DOG AND CAT TREATS (FOR REWARDS AND TRAINING)
LAUNDRY DETERGENT
BLEACH
COPY PAPER
INK
OFFICE SUPPLIES
OLD TOWELS
OLD BLANKETS
COLLARS
LEASHES
SWEATERS FOR LITTLE DOGS
DOG BEDS
DOG HOUSES
DOG AND CAT TOYS
FENCING FOR KENNELS
FOOD AND WATER BOWLS
TARPS
FANS FOR SUMMER
HEAT LAMPS

Every time we grocery shop we buy a few extras of the "shelter needs" and I keep everything in the trunk. Once a month I make a run to the shelter. Please know, whatever you can give, they are grateful for it! I also shop at thrift stores and Habitat for blankets and towels. You can get a bundle there for nothing! Most shelters need a bunch of volunteers. From cleaning cages and dog runs, to leash training, laundry duties, office work. Also, socialization classes for the "kids"! Usually they have a cat room and volunteers are needed just to play with and exercise the kitties!

Let's all pay it forward and help all the critters waiting for homes be a little more comfy, well fed, warm, comfortable, and loved, while waiting for that perfect "someone". They give us so much love. Unconditionally.

My life is so rich because of my four-legged kids, and I am a better person because they love me and I have the privilege of loving them!

8 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Misha, this is a great reminder! That Bella is just the sweetest little princess!
If you will e-mail me via my blog/profile, I will reply to you with some photo-fun info. (That way I don't have to add a huge... HUGE... comment here.. ha!) :) -Tammy

Oz Girl said...

I just adore your Bella, she is so, so cute!

When I moved here last year, I had a ton of extra blankets, towels, sheets and rugs that I took to a very small local vet - they were sooo appreciative of it. Reminds me that maybe I need to go thru some of our stuff and weed out what we don't need and make another donation! :)

Oz Girl said...

Oops, I keep forgetting to tell you what part of Ohio I am from... Akron! :)

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Putting your poor cat in a tie, cheesecake ice cream, hurricaines, mom & pop, resuce animals... i've had a very interesting visit to you blog.

4 out of my 5 are rescues so i'm good there. I have room for one more and that's it. Then i'll need a kennel license. :)
Thanks for having me.
Tammy

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Misha! Sweetie this is a great post, and you know how much I love my fur babies too! You have just inspired me to see what more I can do in my own community, so thank you! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

I haven´t heard thet our animal shelters has been hit that hard by the financial crises, but they susally always has problems getting enough as it is anyway.

I think it´s a great idea to buy some extra stuff for them when one is out buying things anyway, every little gift they get helps!
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Candy said...

Thanks so much for the comment and link to door county...I will check that out! :)
candy

Rue said...

Hi Misha :)

Great post about a great cause! Bella is awful cute :)

rue